Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2159 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

New 52 First Titans?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

So okay, we don`t know much of what happened during the first 6 years of all of our superheros, which is 6 years before every thing in the comics of new 52. But my question is where there teen titans before these titans?

According to teen titans, they are the first ( but how did red robin already know what to name themselves? ), though according to legion lost, they don`t exist for about 20 more years, and finally acording to Red Hood And The Outlaws, there was a team that composed of "minimum" starfire, arsenal & nightwing. So what do you think, were there titans before these ones, or were they a different group, or was there never a group at all?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Outside_85

DC's current idea is that there weren't and they have even removed items that suggested there were a group called 'Teen Titans'. But there obviously were at least one teen/youth team before the band.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@outside_85: teen titan no but the The Titans maybe? lol that the only way i see it happening if they ever bring it up again

AColombia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2cool4fun: the DC editors have no idea what they're dong. At first the original teen titans existed then that is is the first team ever. Now it's implied from RHATO that they weren't titans but still had adventures. I can tell you one thing erasing the titans rich history and the awesome Wolfman/Perez era was a huge mistake. It ruined a lot of character development for many characters and destroyed a great universe, the horribly written current titans book is nothing to what the new teen titans was.

ajshadowhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

The first few issues of the new series were decent, but the latest ones, from after Death of the Family through to #19 have been rather terrible. I'm afraid to pick up #20-22. And yes, the characterisation in the series is really, really off.

eternalnature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it did however make Judas contract no longer valid. So im happy.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Um...bump? I'm kind of interested to see what other people still think. I think that these comments are a bit...interesting

The first few issues of the new series were decent, but the latest ones, from after Death of the Family through to #19 have been rather terrible. I'm afraid to pick up #20-22. And yes, the characterisation in the series is really, really off.

From a recent podcast,it seems like he knows that the characterization is off and it seems deliberate a bit.

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
    garrettsgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Since Teen Titans will be ending in April, hopefully they relaunch a book about the previous incarnation of TT (if there was one). Or even have two books, one about the Donna, Garth etc. and one with like Miss Martian, Kaldur similar to Young justice. Maybe it'll be cool to expand like the Avengers and have some arcs (or separate book) with the "main" team and call up some TT friends for certain missions.

ajshadowhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

What I would like to see is Nightwing move off to a Young Justice book that is about the older former sidekicks. Give them a team of their own. Then they bring in New Teen Titans as a book and this one can have Donna and Wally and others, or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.