Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Major dissapointment... ~.~ (TT animated series)

Kineto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kineto

Well, you know that one Teen Titan animated series right? Well... I watched all the seasons, in order from the beginning of August, and just ended it a few days ago... *sigh* DONT watch the last episode of season 5!!! If I EVER see Cartoon Network or that Kids WB I will kill em'! WHY THE HECK DO YOU END A FREAKING SERIES LIKE THAT!?!?!?!?! Christ... *cough* sorry about that.. I won't tell how STUPID it ends but lets just say I almost freaking cried... no... My eyes almost watered... -.- It's sad, and if they were smart... They wouldn've done better... If they were intelligent... They wouldn've KEPT THE SERIES GOING... Now I gotta find all of the TT Comic books and read them because I am unsatisfied... ... ... What do you guys think? (For those who have seen all of the TT animated series)

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Sinestro2828
    @Kineto:    I love the entire Teen Titans animated series up until season five....I mean, it DID have SOME good episodes, like when Starfire and Blackfire faced off on Tamaran, but I really didn't care for the Brotherhood of Evil, they were pretty pitiful villains compared to previous Big Bads like Slade, Brother Blood, Terra, and Trigon the Terrible.  Its like the last season the creators of the show decided to dumb things down to the point at which you felt they weren't trying anymore >_<

I honestly wish season five had focused on Starfire and featured Blackfire as the main antagonist, like how season one focused on Robin and his feud with Slade and season four focused on Raven and her battle against Trigon.  Instead, they have us a boring brain in a jar and a French sounding gorilla...Never a good idea to end a series with the heroes struggling against B-List villains ):

P.S. I also didn't like how Jinx turned good over a crush on Kid Flash, she was better as a villain. 
    Rabioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rabioso

I don't agree with the the series' choice of ending episode, but it had the vague nature that it did because, at the time, the whole "what's going on with Terra's return" bit had yet to be cleared up in the comics.  Originally, the newcomer was supposed to merely be someone who resembled Terra--but later writers thought it would be a good idea to make her genetically identical and write the original's remains as disappearing, for the sake of a dramatic element, only to gradually reveal her as being a clone still later on, and also reviving the original Terra as a zombie. 

If you really can't stand the cliffhanger, the Titans Go comic gives you some idea of where the series was intended to go and tie into the original comics--not as the same universe, but as an alternate universe that made very liberal use of a lot of things that had been used in the DCU proper.  It approached Terra's revival rather similar to the way the original comic did initially--by having her brother, Geoforce come around and look into whether or not she was the real deal.  Unfortunately, that comic series suffers from some glaring problems as well--it's preachy, it's occasionally condescending to its readers, and unlike both the original Teen Titans comics and the Teen Titans cartoon it was based on, it has no real arcs, only simple, episodic plots.  Also, while the show merely chose to end on a whimper rather than a bang, the comic was cancelled outright before it could tie what loose ends existed together.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

It was kinda sad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.