Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Let's make suppositions on... ...Who are mind affecting Red Robin!

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Let's make suppositions on... ...Who are mind affecting Red Robin! (7 votes)

Detritus 0%
    Omen 29%
    Harvest 43%
    Joker 57%
    Trigon 43%
    Raven 43%
    Dr. Light 0%
    Ra's al Ghul 29%

As we all know, Red Robin is a mind-type character. So, it's not hard to suppose some villain would try to hit him where it will really hurt. Whoever it is, he's make a big number on this one. As the issues goes on, we see this great character loosing his edge to some evil influence.

But why? By whom? And, the more important, Who does it benefit the most?

So, Let's play a game! We'll make supposition about what's happening and why?

Share your idea and, maybe together, we could uncover this mystery! (Be aware that some suppositions may contain spoiler.)

oh! And the only rule is... never laught about the suggestions! Even if it seem stupid, maybe it would inspire others or help someone to figure out something nice!

So, you can make suppositions on one or many villains. You can even make suppositions about teaming villains.

Here are my suggestions;

- I don't really think Detritus is the probleme here, but he sure dit some mind erasing on our hero. Without mind controling him, maybe he weakened his defenses...

- Omen, on the other part, did play a lot in his tought. She even make an illusion to make him think he could kill her. I suppose she could have change something else. Maybe to please his master Harvest... maybe he was the one asking her to do so. I don't think she would personally gain in this but she do have reasons to make a move on his behavior.

- Harvest is, according to me, the one who could benefit the most of it. Red Robin has been near the only wall between him and his battle royal ambition. He drived away Superboy from the evil influence, stopped the culling by releasing the children and I'm sure he think that if he could take control of the leader, the others will either follow him or loose the will to defy him.

- The Joker... well... it's pretty obvious that he did something to him. And proving that really good people can fall from their pedestal and become as psychotic as himself is the challenge he love beyond all others. Plus, it would hurt batman as well and he clearly said that the boy's attitude was hitting on his nerves. (And, I must admit that I'd really love to see a teaming between Nightwing and Red hood who would have to let their grudges behind so they could help their "brother" to escape whatever poison was given to him by the man who destroyed their lives!)

- Trigon want to take control of the entire earth so he could give it to his dauther. As seen in the latest issues, he know that she already have plan for the Teen Titans. Maybe he'll try something on them thinking it would be easier to keep his grasp on Raven after that...

- Raven seem to have some interrest in the team. Is it really to not rule alone and keep humans friends/slaves/pets by her side? Or is it because she's come to hate the method of her father and seek help from the young heroes to stop the invasion of earth?

- For Dr.Light..... I have no idea. I've read someone make this supposition on another topic and I'm really curious to know what could let us suppose he could be involve in this matter. Please, expose your observations. I really want to know what make you belive that he would try something on Tim.

- And last but not the least, Ra's al Ghul! Ok, I know we've seen in Batman Inc. that he is... a little tied up by the events. But, hey, when have you seen him not in control of his surrounding? I suppose he's juste waiting for something to happen. Maybe something that will be the result of some contingency plan he did way before the first moment we saw him. (And, again, I admit I was really into the plot in the Red Robin series when he tried to make the young detective his new ward and heir. Ok, he's not half of what he was in this serie and maybe, with the relaunch, Jason is now more fit to this title but... please let me hope for it ;) )

Ok, that's all for me. What's YOUR opinion/suppositions about this matter? Don't be shy, share your observation with us! ^-^

• 
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Joker, since Lobdell is the only one still playing with the DotF bricks.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@outside_85: so many ramifications from that magnific story................ right? .................... AHAHAHAHA

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

I think it's Harvest, because Trigon didn't seem to know the Titans and Raven didn't seem evil when they met.

No Caption Provided

and based off that Dialog who ever it is would know a lot about the Titans, and considering this page was after DOTF it would be impossible to be Joker.... unless it's his ghost or something xD

Another real possibility would be that mysterious Lance guy who has been talking to Solstice.

No Caption Provided

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sins

and considering this page was after DOTF it would be impossible to be Joker.... unless it's his ghost or something xD Teerack

But, if it's some kind of substance or poison, he doesn't need to be near. He just need to have implanted some evil toughts or bad behavior pattern inside of his mind!

Though, I do agree that Harvest would benefit it more.... hum, hard choice, is it the doing of an evil mind without logical link with the current plot or was it made to be part of a bigger plan...

Another real possibility would be that mysterious Lance guy who has been talking to Solstice.Teerack

I love this possibility too! If I could, I'd add it to the vote post.
    Thanks ;)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@teerack: Joker did gas Drake and promise something about messing severely with his head, the smile just seals it for me... and it (again) leads to another story: the one where Drake was turned into Joker Jr.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@outside_85 said:

@teerack: Joker did gas Drake and promise something about messing severely with his head, the smile just seals it for me... and it (again) leads to another story: the one where Drake was turned into Joker Jr.

Hmmm you mean the Batman Beyond story? Yeah I could see that.

I just sorta want it to not be Joker that way it would have explained his lame personality from even before DOTF from the start of Teen Titans in the New 52.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After looking through Teen Titans and Red Hood I noticed this was the cover of Teen Titans right after he was gassed...

No Caption Provided

I'm convinced it's Joker now.

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saddly for this theory, every title that has been touch by death of the familly had this kind of cover (batman and robin, nightwing, etc etc.)

As far as I have appreciate the batman beyond movie, I really hope they are not remaking it in the new 52.

I just sorta want it to not be Joker that way it would have explained his lame personality from even before DOTF from the start of Teen Titans in the New 52.Teerack

I sure did too. Let's pray for something messing with him and, at the end, giving us back the Tim who was so awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.