Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

Do you think Teen Titans will get better?

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ExtraLarge

As a fan of Teen Titans, it is sad for me to say that the latest series has been a chore for me to read. Now that the NOWHERE arc is finally over, do you anticipate an improvement to the series? Am I the only one who was hoping for Skitter to die in the Culling?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

uhm I think it'll get much better. I can't wait to read the origin story of Wondergirl and Kidflash and for them to remove the god awful nowhere costume.

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Comiclove5

@ExtraLarge said:

As a fan of Teen Titans, it is sad for me to say that the latest series has been a chore for me to read. Now that the NOWHERE arc is finally over, do you anticipate an improvement to the series? Am I the only one who was hoping for Skitter to die in the Culling?

I actually love this incarnation of Titans although I could do without Skitter and Solestce, Also for me after Johns run ended (which got me into comics) Teen Titans was a chore to read for like 2 1/2 years. I don't think the stuff with N.O.W.H.E.R.E is completely over. And to answer your questions:

1."Do you anticipate an improvement to the series?" It all depends on your taste. I do think it will get a lot better, even though I liked it from the beginning.

2. "Am I the only one who was hoping for Skitter to die in the Culling?" I wasn't hoping she die just that she got cured and went back to go live with her sister, then fade into obscurity.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Twentyfive

I must answer the question in the title with a question of my own: Do you think it can get any worse?

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Suprman

@Comiclove5: I agree with you. Johns' run on TT was great and it didn't really get better again until J.T. Krul's run just before the relaunch. I read this series up until issue 5 because it wasn't working for me. I'm considering giving it another chance when the trade comes out. But I think the series needs a new writer to bring in more of the classic titans stuff introduced in the last volume and the 90's run. But this is my opinion.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WildStyle

Teen Titans really needs a jolt in the exciting department. I dropped it five issues back so I'm not surprised other people have similar opinions that I had. I wouldn't even mind if they went back to the classic titans formula or looked at Young Justice for inspiration. It just needs something different than whatever we have now.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BatteredArmor

I still think that this is the best run since Johns. That said yeah we need a writer that's willing to give the book a more classic feel

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#8  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Hmm, Don't know why a lot of people are hating on it, I enjoy the new Teen Titans, but the last issue was bad, I admit. I could do without Bunker, solistice and Skitter. Put some interesting  or existing characters.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

It could, any meh series can

I gave this one up, to be honest.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10  Edited By Outside_85

1) I don't think it will get any better as long as Lobdell is the writer since none of the books he has written for DC so far has been to my taste (putting it mildly).

2) I wouldn't have been surprised if she had been killed to be the traditional sacrificial lamb to make the Culling matter, but I wouldn't go BOUYA! over it, I save that for the day a new writer is announced.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#11  Edited By StarKiller809

I would say no. I hate the writer and I don't think that the current plot he plans to put them in seems interesting at all. 

However, I was surprised about how much I enjoyed Superboy #10, so maybe he can surprise me again. 

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sethysquare

@Comiclove5 said:

@ExtraLarge said:

I actually love this incarnation of Titans although I could do without Skitter and Solestce, Also for me after Johns run ended (which got me into comics) Teen Titans was a chore to read for like 2 1/2 years. I don't think the stuff with N.O.W.H.E.R.E is completely over. And to answer your questions:

1."Do you anticipate an improvement to the series?" It all depends on your taste. I do think it will get a lot better, even though I liked it from the beginning.

2. "Am I the only one who was hoping for Skitter to die in the Culling?" I wasn't hoping she die just that she got cured and went back to go live with her sister, then fade into obscurity.

I think the new incarnation of TT is alot more gounded and fresh. I'm not sure why people liked JT Krul's run on TT. I hated it. The only good thing about it is Nicola Scott's art.

But other than TT has been on a dry spell for years.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Outside_85

@sethysquare: Because the team finally appeared to be bouncing back from Infinite Crisis? :)

Btw, what do you mean by this team being grounded?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

@Outside_85: I guess like you said before, after a long few boring years of TT, Krul did bring something to the table. Its just not big enough for me.

What I meant is that I can see this team of Teen Titans occurring in real life. Where the story lines and villains seem like it could be made into a TV series or movie. Where real people react to teenage "superheroes".

I couldn't see the previous run of TT even Geoff John's run (which I love) I couldn't see it made into a TV show or movie.

Thats one of the biggest thing where I liked the current run. Is that in a few years time, we can actually see real people portraying the teen titans. I can sorta imagine a movie done in a style of Harry Potter meets Hunger Games meets Xmen.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Outside_85

@sethysquare: Hmm, sry but I don't really see how our real world becomes so utterly terrified of something that DC's worlds current view on powered teens and Marvel's view on mutants that it could actually happen on a global scale, not after WWII. Isolated in smaller area's yes we could have a Harvest do these things, but considering how it is politically OUT to be a phobic of anything save extremism, I don't see this world happening today (not that I imagine the world being dumb enough to give a mandate of any kind to something that looks like Harvest does). As for the movie...just the first two mixing= the absolute horror only aimed at small kids, if I found out it mixed those things I'd refuse to see it.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By Suprman

@sethysquare: I do sort of see where you are coming from with this new series. I loved Johns run on the book and I loved Krul's because it felt like the Team was moving on from what had happened in the beginning of the volume and it truly felt like a new beginning. I read the first five issues of the new 52 titans and I couldn't stand Skitter or Bunker, for some reason they just annoyed me. I also decided to drop the book because I didn't really like how wonder girl or kid flash were being portrayed, hopefully they'll get better after this whole Culling story.

Again, I do see where you are coming from about Teen Titans being portrayed in real life, it's just to me that's not what the titans should be about. It should be about Teenage Sidekicks and other heroes being friends and trying to live up to the responsibility they've been given. There's been a lot of moping in this new series, at least I think so, and to me it's not working.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sethysquare

@Outside_85: I really don't understand what you're saying. LOL. Also, Are you saying that Harvest is being given sanctions by the government or something? Because they're not. If thats not what you're saying, I can't really understand that, im sorry.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@Suprman: Yeah, perhaps try TT with #10? Seems like they're going on vacation and we'll get to see the origins of WG and KF. Maybe that'll change your mind.

Also IMO, I think the current TT is more in line with the young justice series on TV. Superboy seems like the same character, Tim Drake kinda feels like Dick, KF feels totally like Impulse. WG is the only one that is slightly different, but I do love both version of the chracter.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Outside_85

@sethysquare: Yes I am actually, Tim mentions this to Cassandra in issue 2 that N.O.W.H.E.R.E. has a mandate that supersedes just about every other known government type organ including the UN, N.A.T.O. and similar organizations, essentially the world has given it free reign to do anything and everything with metahuman teens.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sethysquare

@Outside_85: So I double checked and I realised you're right.

Even so, it doesn't mean its anymore unrealistic. As far as I know, TV have always shown these sorta organisations that is all powerful but have gone rogue. One example would be Nikita.

So firstly, I can see this as a government organisation gone rogue.

Secondly, even if the government does know what Harvest is doing, it seems possible also since in recent years government organisations have been portrayed as being sinister and doesnt give a damn about human rights. Some examples I can think of is Chuck, Bourne trilogy and etc. There are also similar plot lines being shown in X-men where the governments are shown as the antagonist and they're merciless and ruthless. I believe these sorta themes arises because people are increasingly being disgruntled by the government and distrusting them.

So I could totally see Harvest playing out either one of the two scenarios and it would still make sense.

Also the last scenario is that perhaps Tim Drake did not suss out the correct information. Because last I recall Harvest seems to want to do what he did so that the governments would give him more control which makes me believe that he might not have all the power that Tim Drake claims in issue 2.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By TDK_1997

It has already started to get bettet with the crossover The Culling.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By htb106

I'm happy with the series at the moment but I hope they can make this one of the best series in the New 52.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TDK_1997 said:

If you ask me the Culling was the worst part, it made me look at the whole series more critically.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TDK_1997

@BlackArmor said:

@TDK_1997 said:

If you ask me the Culling was the worst part, it made me look at the whole series more critically.

Why so?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TDK_1997: The whole event felt like it happened in 5 minutes. It stretched 4 books and all that happened was

1. They find/fight each other

2. Big fight against mind controlled teens

3. Big fight against Harvest's men

4. Harvest stomps

5. They escape

The whole thing was one big un-detailed and rushed brawl without any real development except Harvest ending it with the villain cliche of "Ha I planned all of this the whole time". On top of that any character development was either unexplained, rushed, or didn't happen

Before the Culling all I could do was sing Lobdell's praises but now I'm close to dropping both TT and Superboy

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TDK_1997

@BlackArmor: That's true but it was way better than everything else that happened before it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Outside_85

@sethysquare: I was thinking of our real world, not another fictional world (regardless how close to reality it may be...and I've never seen Chuck or Bourne). I might add it is a mostly American phenomenon to think of the government as having loads upon loads of dirty secrets, such as space landings, odd killings and such. I on the other hand live in Europe and while politicians here can be immensely dumb at times, I trust them here, America on the other hand has one major party that is very much against big government structures. Added, this is all born out of a particular frame of time in the US...where Watchmen also starts off, where the US was paralyzed by anything that was even slightly red in coloration. Today the US is scared of a middle-eastern maniac with a bomb.

I cant, not on this scale...the only way I could would be if he was the ruler/leader of a nation in the midst of an ethnic cleansing.

Possibly Harvest is nuts (very likely) but it is impossible in this day and age to get a mandate that actually puts your authority over the UN...look at the Security Council, they cant even agree if Syria needs sorting out because of the Kreml's fondness for strong leaders.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatteredArmor

@TDK_1997: Kind of true, everything else felt like a one shot. Still I liked a couple of the previous issues

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Outside_85

@TDK_1997: Thats how low the bar was set :S

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sethysquare

@Outside_85 said:

@sethysquare: I was thinking of our real world, not another fictional world (regardless how close to reality it may be...and I've never seen Chuck or Bourne). I might add it is a mostly American phenomenon to think of the government as having loads upon loads of dirty secrets, such as space landings, odd killings and such. I on the other hand live in Europe and while politicians here can be immensely dumb at times, I trust them here, America on the other hand has one major party that is very much against big government structures. Added, this is all born out of a particular frame of time in the US...where Watchmen also starts off, where the US was paralyzed by anything that was even slightly red in coloration. Today the US is scared of a middle-eastern maniac with a bomb.

I cant, not on this scale...the only way I could would be if he was the ruler/leader of a nation in the midst of an ethnic cleansing.

Possibly Harvest is nuts (very likely) but it is impossible in this day and age to get a mandate that actually puts your authority over the UN...look at the Security Council, they cant even agree if Syria needs sorting out because of the Kreml's fondness for strong leaders.

Well, I feel like our real worls is shaped by what we see on the media. As of such I feel like the media do depict general public awareness of what is real. I do also believe of government secret organisation and what not. Its weird you say that about Europe because Europe is in its biggest economic slump right now and I don't see that recovering any time soon. From what I've read people are increasingly being disgruntled with the govt as well. I live in asia and from the recent elections, I can confidently say that the area where I live in has seen s huge change in the landscape of our political behaviour. Also younger adults (gen x and gen y) are being unhappy with the government, citing misappropriation of funds. I do think this is a world wide phenomenon. Despite of who the US is scared of, it doesn't disregard a need so such an organisation, especially one where "meta humans" if it were to be present in real life, would be seen as a threat and danger. People are afraid of what they don't know and as far as we know, meta humans should they live in the real world, one where the first "alien" only appeared 5 years ago, would be in a state of chaos and uncertainty. Especially one where it isn't sanctioned by the government (I consider JL to be partially sanctioned by the government)

Also the teen metas don't seem to have any connections with the JL which makes them even more suspicious, since they could be either the good guys or the bad guys. Its hard to tell what the government would do to teens that are perceived to be criminals and murderers. Even to the point where they are being arrested/executed without trial. The US have passed a law that government officials could arrest terrorist without trial. As of such, what would happen if they're meta humans?

To me, it seems like NOWHERE could've been started out as a sorta rehabilitation for meta teens to make sure that they're on the right track. Harvest could easily be misusing his powers. I don't know. But I do think that this is a very interesting angle that Teen Titans has never been shown to be placed in a situation like that before. Things could always change and go back to how they were but right now, this is something that IIRC has never happened to TT and seems like could be a good pitch for a movie.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Outside_85

@sethysquare: Actually NTT had a pretty long period of being a public menace thanks to Brother Blood's media manipulation.

Added; Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece are the major economies here that are in trouble and people punish their governments there because they try to fix it. Greeks for example have had pensions paid out to dead or non-existent people, Italy has a massive problem with people not paying their taxes (I saw a news footage from Italy not that long ago underlining that they were about to take tax collecting serious) and Spain has a 50% youth un-employment rate. People react to these things because they blame the banks and think it's unfair that they have to pay more to save them (which I can understand). I live in Denmark, which has a high level of tax and we have a certain view on the southern European economies, which I am not going to bother with, but our economy is not on the verge of collapsing, neither is the French or German or any of the northern countries. (Would you happen to be living in Thailand btw? out of curiosity)

Added, if we compare the media/world view on meta teen to terrorists, I would say that people weren't universally terrified of terrorists before 9/11 and that was because the face of terrorism was changed. No longer was a terrorist just some nut who would drive his bomb into an embassy, a military base or a vessel of some kind that represented what he hated. Terrorism became an organized enemy that struck your front porch, a enemy without borders or an address that could be easily hit. So far meta human teens have not been depicted by the media as an organized threat to the common man, they call it an epidemic (not unlike how many people on Marvel-Earth see mutation as a disease), but it is not like there has been a Stamford-like event in DC where a bunch of organized teens did something horrible that would provoke this kind of response to them.

For the JL, well Johns' bad writing has people figuratively debase themselves when the League is present or just suspected to appear...which I actually find kinda sickening, because it makes these people, in a dangerous situation, act like 16 year old girls waiting to see Justin Beiber pass them by.

ME24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By ME24601

If they fire Lobdel and get a writer who actually has talent, it should improve by a ton.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.