Follow

Teen Titans

Team » Teen Titans appears in 2162 issues.

The Teen Titans are the premier team of young heroes in the DCU. Currently led by Damian Wayne, the team fights for the greater good and to recruit other young heroes like them.

DC has no idea what they're doing!

• 69 results
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@danhimself: For me, personally, it's the hardest read I had and every issue I ended unhappy. I'm not picking up the next issue, just not going to do it.

I don't know who to blame. Lobdell was an X-Men writer and the Teen Titans are now very similar to the X-Men around his era, so.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By danhimself

@TheAnnihilator: the continuity issues are the editor's fault plain and simple....whenever he first turned in a script referencing the old Teen Titans someone should have said something....plus there's absolutely no reason to change things....they acknowledge that the old team did hang out but that they didn't call themselves Teen Titans....what does it matter if they did or didn't? Add to that the fact that they've now allowed a book to be published referencing an old Teen Titans team and Tim as Robin then they should have just left it slide.

you not liking Teen Titans is just a matter of taste...you can't please everyone....for me it's much better than the crap we got after Geoff Johns' run up until the reboot

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@danhimself: Yeah, the continuity issues are editorial's fault. They should have had a plan from the beginning. But the editorial issues aren't my only problems with the book.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Grey56

@danhimself: Dan sir - busy day. Finally took all of this in. I agree with everything you've said. Point blank.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Suprman

@danhimself: it certainly feels that way doesn't it.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If anything this just totally confirms in my mind that New 52 is a complete reboot when all the PR on the topic stated otherwise :/

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By Suprman

This problem could just be related to Lobdell and his editors. I don't think it's the entire DC universe because it looks like a majority of the stories have an Idea of where they are going and decided what was kept and what wasn't. It also pisses me off that Titans is so messed up continuity wise because you could have easily kept some of the previous continuity and still tell the stories that are being told now.

X9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By X9

It's a reboot, new things are gonna happen, old things are gonna be changed. It's not so hard to get.

Personally, I'm not upset about it.

RoninOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By RoninOmega

@CrimsonAvenger: What...what? Wally West doesn't exist?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#60  Edited By Outside_85

@Suprman said:

This problem could just be related to Lobdell and his editors. I don't think it's the entire DC universe because it looks like a majority of the stories have an Idea of where they are going and decided what was kept and what wasn't. It also pisses me off that Titans is so messed up continuity wise because you could have easily kept some of the previous continuity and still tell the stories that are being told now.

If you ask me, TT was not the book that had continuety problems; Batman and Green Lantern are with all the reconning thats a part of those books. What TT almost died under however was the massive editorial influence that ruined the book after the 'Hand of God' decided to vacate the book.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By the_tree
    Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Tim Drake never Robin? Does he not understand how much continuity that DESTROYS?

seriously, what happened during knightfall?, war games? R.I.P? No man's land? especially knightfall because as I remember he was the one that encouraged Jean Paul-Valley to become Batman and fight Bane right?

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Sinestro2828

@danhimself said:

the sad thing for me is that it seems like the only part of the DC Universe that's having these problems is the Teen Titans side

Indeed, BUT, since so many characters had their start with the Teen Titans, that means that even characters who moved on from being Titans or enemies of the Titans have had their origins and stories completely flipped upside down. Cyborg, whom we all know and love from his days as a Titan & who moved on to alternate between being a mentor for the next gen Titans and the Justice League, is now a founding member of the League itself, completely disregarding the fact that it was all the adventures and experiences he had during his time as a Titan that made him qualified to be a Justice League leader, this new Cy is literally a complete stranger to us & we have no reason to care about him (and Martian Manhunter apparently went postal for some reason & was not a founding member). Starfire apparently knew Dick Grayson at one point & loved him...But may or may not remember him & since the Titans apparently never existed she really has no friends beyond frat boy Roy Harper and Mary Sue Jason Todd (who was now trained by magic ninjas of all things). From what I've heard, Lobdell can't seem to decide whether Starfire is a forgetful floozy or an emo space captain...What happened to the loving yet passionate Kory who took names and kicked ass with the best of them and was defined by her love for her friends and disdain for her enemies? She's been a Titan, an Outsider, a Justice Leaguer, and a R.E.B.E.L...And now she's hanging out with the two most effed up ex-sidekicks in the DC Universe as an anti-hero Outlaw? >_<

Raven's vanished as far as I can tell, Wally West & Donna Troy may no longer exist, Beastboy's a red furred psycho instead of a green wise ass/trickster, Tim Drake was never the third Robin apparently, Cassie doesn't like being called Wondergirl & apparently was a thief...Cassie Sandmark, little miss "Ravager straighten out your act" Sandmark, is a THIEF >_<

Superboy was created by...N.O.W.H.E.R.E instead of Cadmus...What does Nowhere possibly stand for? Suddenly the H.I.V.E.'s name no longer seems silly. Harley Quin is basically just a female version of Joker now, complete with having been dumped in the same vat of chemicals instead of having been turned crazy by Joker's mind games, complete with nonsensically tie dye hair and bleach white skin (traits you'd think would be a hindrance on a covert organization like the Suicide Squad that can't afford to be spotted or recognized on mission).

Deathstroke was apparently never a Titans villain and even his son, the first Ravager, is still alive...So why do we care about Slade if he's not the epic master assassin who spent years of his life terrorizing the Teen Titans because his son died during a failed attempt to kill them? No idea what's become of Cheshire, but I suspect her history has been ruined too since she was a Titan villain who originally had a child with Roy Harper, who's origin has also been messed up & who apparently never had a kid. Blackfire apparently ruled Tamaran instead of betraying it to the Citadel & according to Lobdell regrets selling Starfire out, even though her incredible hatred of Kory has been her main motivation for their sibling rivalry for years, a major staple of her character.

Its like DC did everything in their power to piss off the long time fans of their comics, the people you'd logically want to keep even while new fans are checking out your books. I mean honestly, I don't think even new readers will like these stories or modified characters, they're just not as interesting or engaging as they used to be, and the reboot has made things even more difficult to keep track of since so many characters aren't who they were before & many classic DC events simply never happened. Fans LIKE back story and character development DC, we like continuity, you can introduce new things without completely disregarding what made your books good to begin with.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By danhimself

@Sinestro2828: while I agree with most of this, being mad at Lobdell for having Starfire grow as a character and revealing more of her past is kind of dumb

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sinestro2828

@danhimself said:

@Sinestro2828: while I agree with most of this, being mad at Lobdell for having Starfire grow as a character and revealing more of her past is kind of dumb

Uh...I have nothing against having Starfire grow as a character or learn more of her past, I just don't like her new characterization (and we already knew everything there was to know about her past before the reboot, and the original was actually better than this simplified version in which her parents and brother are nowhere to be seen and Blackfire apparently didn't have the same sad past that led her to become crazy evil). From what I've seen and heard so far Kory's new self is kinda conflicting, she remembers her past on Tamaran and had a long lost crew of freedom fighters at her command but they only came back for her now? And she has trouble remembering humans but not other alien races? I have nothing against Starfire joining a new team, I just wish they'd left her past and personality alone and teamed her up with REAL heroes like the Justice League or something instead of wrecks like Harper and Todd, she doesn't work as an anti-hero, at least not in the way they're using her right now.

Hope that clears things up

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#66  Edited By TronHammer

Their announcment for the 52 Reboot came very suddenly. They obviously didn't have time to carefully plan it out. However, there wasn't really a plan before the reboot.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Rumble Man

We should gang up and kill the guy

like that other guy who drew muhhamad

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By the_tree

@HammerTron said:

Their announcment for the 52 Reboot came very suddenly. They obviously didn't have time to carefully plan it out. However, there wasn't really a plan before the reboot.

There actually was some sort of plan prior to the relaunch. Brightest Day set the stage for the DCU and created many future plotlines that were supposed to be explored, and a lot of them never came to fruition because the relaunch happened.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#69  Edited By TronHammer

@The_Tree: ah, yes. Green Lantern and Batman were the best selling titles before the reboot. DC should have tried to reproduce that magic on their other existing titles one by one. They should have continued with that strategy to rebuild their universe. That would have been a smoother path to success than the current path they are on now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.