Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    After Raven's kidnapped by the Wyld, the Titans scramble to figure out how to get her back while sorting out their own inter-team relationships.

The Good

I liked the Coven of Three: Dark Harvest back-up feature. It's got something of a Paradise Lost-style framing device and I like the notion of these three primordial goblins spying on mortals in the Earthen plane and scheming on ways to manipulate them. The fairy tale way that Ghast and his brothers speak with a eachother was just entertaining to read, and I'm curious to see where their pulling of these three magicians' puppet strings go.

The Bad

Maybe I'm just getting to be too much of an old fogey, but I just couldn't get into it this title's main feature. It's not that it's necessarily lacking in anything in particular, it's just that I've been around the curve of teenage superheroics and mysteries wrapped in soap opera drama too many times to find this fresh. It's more or less an "in-between" issue with characters talking about eachother and how they're going to solve Raven's mystery, and I'm not intrigued to see what happened to her, or where the Wyld is or how Superboy and Wondergirl's relationship plays. This book is Teen Titans, after all, so maybe if I were still a teen I might be more into it. I will say that it definitely this line-up has far too many members and I can practically feel it buckling under all their weight. Also, I have to say that "Brad Pitt line" in the back-up made me roll my eyes.

The Verdict - 2.5/5

I recommend the back-up here, but not so much the feature. If you're a devotee of the characters, you'll probably want to see how their lives and interactions advance here. It's basically just a soap opera in tights, which is good or bad depending on how invested in the Titans you already are.
    Preacherl2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Preacherl2k

Zack you write some damm good reviews- I like em!

HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#2  Edited By HaHaManHV

being a teen doesn't make it better, this book just has not had a good writer in a year, and even then it was just okay

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

Felicia Henderson's writing on this book has been terrible....she gave Beast Boy a power upgrade last issue without any explanation at all...it confused me so much that I didn't even know it was Beast Boy....if you're going to write a team book then you should know the characters before hand....I miss Geoff Johns on this book soooooo much

Aelita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aelita

Johns run was FANTASTIC. An excellent, well balanced book that was fun but showed the trials and pressured of being a teenage superhero. Hendersons writing just makes me want to spew. I'm a teenager and a devote Teen Titans fan, but enough is enough. 
    Boycott, people!!!

brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By brewski420

i have been picking up this series since it launched in 2003, but i finally canceled this off my pull list starting with this issue. im going to miss the teen titans but this comic has been lame for quite awhile now

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Theodore
    @Aelita said:
    " Johns run was FANTASTIC. An excellent, well balanced book that was fun but showed the trials and pressured of being a teenage superhero. Hendersons writing just makes me want to spew. I'm a teenager and a devote Teen Titans fan, but enough is enough. Boycott, people!!! "
    I know it's sad because I love the Teen Titans!
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This whole issue was just terrible.  And beyond all the poor dialogue and plot holes, there were tons of editing errors.  Poor grammer on several occasions and on the last two pages, Miss Martian and Wondergirls dialouge got switched so Cassie was talking about her empathic abilities being all screwed up... It would have been funny if it weren't so sad.

At the begining of Hendersen's run, she really showed promise.  The first two issues weren't bad at all, but after that everything changed, it's actually hard to imagine that it's all been one writer.

Her run can't end soon enough for me...

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Who is much worse: McKeever or Henderson?

Let alone: I remember reading the Ravager co-feature....now we have a new co-feature; COVEN OF THREE? How do they tie into the Titans?

Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raia

Ever since Robin has left this series doesn't entice me. The Teen Titans needs a Robin so either get Tim Drake back or get some other acrobatic teenager to lead the group cause clearly WonderGirl can't do it. SN: Ravager should be brought back to the team as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.