starkiller809's Teen Titans #3 - Better to Burn Out... Than to Fade Away review

Bunker Breaks In

Bunker has not even appear in an issue before this an people are already talking about him. The past few issues have done a good job at introducing characters, does Scott Lobdell introduce Bunker just as well?

THE GOOD:
The art is okay. It's kinda sketchy but clean. It makes the book feel different from some other team books that DC Comics publishes. I just want to say that the two page spread with Kid Flash and the numbers was the coolest thing I have seen in a lot time. It was new to me and I really liked it. The story is also fairly good. We get to see Kid Flash rescue Solstice. We also get to see Bunker and Red Robin fight to keep the train going.

THE BAD:
I know Bunker is a homosexual, and I really think that we need more of them in comics, but I think that he is portrayed stereotypical in this issue. He says "Thanks you, Mr. Hobo-- for not throwing me off the train onto my very cute butt." I have gay friends in my life and never have I heard them talk like that. I think that was a little bit off.

THE VERDICT: 3.5/5 (Good)
I really like last issue so I was a little disappointed with this one. I think it would be better to me in they didn't portray Bunker the way they did. I don't feel that the dialog had to be the way that it was written. I'm not a fan of Scott Lobdell so maybe I'm a little bias, but if you like good comics, I think this could be one. If you like the Teen Titans them this is for you.