duo_forbidden's Teen Titans #2 - Underground and Overwhelmed review

Skitter makes her debut

Synopsis: Red Robin goes to search for another potential candidate for his team, but can he get to Skitter before N.O.W.H.E.R.E does?

-What's Good?

Scott Lobell really has a handle on Tim Drake's character. In the old version of Teen Titans, Tim was the obvious choice to be the team leader, and he shows this quality in this new incarnation. I'm still liking Cassie's new personality as well. I'm also liking that Solstice is still around in the DC reboot, even with her new look.
As for Skitter there's not much to say about her other than the fact that she has bug powers. It will probably be the next issue before we learn more about her.

The artwork was great. Brett Booth shows off some great action with Red Robin being the main focus. The Skitter design even looks nice. Even if Superboy was only on one page, his menacing presence was noticed, which helps considering his situation.

-What's Bad?

There's still that air of uncertainly about this series. Unlike the other 52 books the history of Teen Titans is what worries me. I just have that feeling that Scott Lobdell is just making some things up as they go. For example, Cassie still has ties to archaeology, but is she still the daughter of Zeus since Diana aka Wonder Woman has been announced to be related to Zeus? If Kid Flash is Bart Allen, where does that leave Wally West?  I don't know if I just like the fact that this group is supposedly the first incarnation of Teen Titans.

As for the issue itself, my complaints go towards N.O.W.H.E.R.E. I still don't get the sense that this group is a big deal compared to classic groups like H.I.V.E, Brotherhood of Evil, or even Slade.

Overall:

There's only one more member left to introduce and it's another new character. I don't know if these new characters will hurt this book on the long run, but I'm willing to give them a chance.