Follow

Ted Kord

Character » Ted Kord appears in 1025 issues.

Ted Kord was the second person to become the Blue Beetle. Deprived of the scarab that empowered his predecessor, Ted was forced to rely on his superior athleticism, fighting prowess, and technological genius to combat crime. He died a hero at the hands of Maxwell Lord.

Ted Kord Questions ?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I have some questions about Ted Kord. 1) On this page his full name is Theodore Edward Kord but on DC Database his full name is Theodore Stephen Kord ? 2) Why diden't Ted get a second life but Maxwell Lord did ? 3) Oh and did Ted ever make it with any superheroines ?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I have no idea about his middle name. Maybe it was retconned or something? Max got a second life because the white entity chose him. Dc replaced Ted with Jaimie Reyes and gave Ted an iconic death bringing him back would ruin it I suppose. And as far as we know Ted hasn't "made it" with any superhero ones, he had a flirtatious relationship wit Babs Gordon but that's it.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp
    1. Meh.
    2. Because DC wanted one and not the other? Reyes is probably more popular, so it wouldn't' make sense to bring Kord back.
    3. I don't think so, but he and Oracle has an attraction. Nothing was ever done though.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

It was Ted Kord that was interesting not Ted Kord/Blue Beetle IMO. 

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Ted Kord is frging awesome. Don't get me wrong I like the new Blue Beelte to. But there is no rule that said there has to be 1 BB only. I mean if you look at the DCU there are plenty of people with the some name or power sets.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Like who?

Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

Superman - Superboy... Green Arrow - Red Arrow different color but the consepet is the same. Spider-Man - Scarlet Spider I know there from MU but I need a example. Aquaman - Aqualad (Garth) over 2000 Green Lanterns. Wonder Woman - Wonder Girl... Supergirl - Power Girl... the list gose on. Oh Booster Gold - Goldstar.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.