Follow

Ted Kord

Character » Ted Kord appears in 1025 issues.

Ted Kord was the second person to become the Blue Beetle. Deprived of the scarab that empowered his predecessor, Ted was forced to rely on his superior athleticism, fighting prowess, and technological genius to combat crime. He died a hero at the hands of Maxwell Lord.

Do you think Ted Kord should be resurrected?

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By TheMess1428

Messed Up! #5 - This week, I talk about Ted Kord and ask if you think he should come back to life or not.

Don't forget to leave suggestions in the comments for what topics you want me to talk about in future episodes!

The tournament was cancelled.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mpierce2690

I'd be down for that, especially since the current Blue Beetle title is so stale. I'm a completist, I have to have every single issue (my bank account loves that), and even I'm not worried about getting all of the Blue Beetle titles. I miss Kord and Booster, and if they don't bring back Kord, they need to at least put Booster into the BB title full-time. It needs some life in it.

And besides, I've been keeping an eye out, but I haven't seen any mentions of Kord being dead yet in the New 52. That gives me some hope long term for his return.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

In Booster's series from before the relaunch, there was a sort of hint at Ted being alive following the Blue & Gold arc and during Blackest Night. Ted wanted to set the timestream right, so he went into the time bubble so he could die like he was supposed to, but later you see a shadowy figure in the Beetle Nest with a scarab and laughing like Ted. Then in Blackest Night, Booster went to the Beetle Nest to take on Black Lantern Ted, and the log history said that the place was accessed beforehand. So if they brought him back through some sort of "time travel is wacky" and carefully thought out plan to bring him back, I'd be all for it.

This timeline is incredibly screwed up right now though, so it'd be hard to find a place where he fits, or to know if his death even occurred. Kord Industries does exist in the New 52 though, as seen in Giffen/Didio's OMAC series, so he does exist/has existed in some form in this new timeline. My bet is that he's alive, but he's just a business man right now.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Emperorb777

I recall hearing that Ted will be in the New 52 but i'm not sure if he will be Blue Beetle or not.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Squalleon

With the right role,why not.We already have a blue beetle.So a blue beetle for EARTH-2 maybe or another identity.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

He doesn't exist anymore so how can be be resurrected?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

I prefer Ted over Jaime anyways

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

Well it would be interesting.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By csguterres

I want "Blue Beetle" to focus on Jaime Reyes, and a new ongoing "Booster Gold" to focus on the good old Blue & Gold, Ted and Booster kicking ass!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

They should bring him back but as Ted Kord not as Blue Beetle. He's one character that was more then his costume identity. Really I found Ted Kord interesting but not his version of Blue Beetle.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#10  Edited By cbishop

I think they've jacked the DCU history too much to bring him back as Blue Beetle. Nevermind that Jaime is already in the New 52, with the Scarab on his spine, but so far, DCU history is what? Five years old, or something silly like that? With Jaime already around, I don't see how Kord could have existed as a Blue Beetle. As just a businessman/ inventor, who cares? However, if DC wanted to incorporate the Watchmen characters to a degree, and say that Kord has been out there as Niteowl, that might work. Not well, but it might work.

I like Jaime fine - the pre-New52 version anyway. I haven't checked out the latest version. I liked Ted Kord better though, so yeah, I'd like to see him come back. I just don't think DC has left room for it in the New 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.