Follow

Ted Kord

Character » Ted Kord appears in 1025 issues.

Ted Kord was the second person to become the Blue Beetle. Deprived of the scarab that empowered his predecessor, Ted was forced to rely on his superior athleticism, fighting prowess, and technological genius to combat crime. He died a hero at the hands of Maxwell Lord.

Did Ted Kord ever exist?

AmishAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By AmishAvenger

Did Ted Kord exist in new 52. No one has made a comment about Jamie stealing the Blue Beetle name. And at the end of issue 10 it boasts "Blue and Gold together again for the first time". Anyone know of a ted kord reference since the reboot?

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Queso6p4

No, but there are a lot of series I haven't read since the reboot. Now that you bring it up I'll have to keep an eye out.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

I don't think they've made any mention of Ted. But there was a guy wearing a Kord Industries suit in an issue of OMAC. I really hope he existed as Blue Beetle.

EDIT: Here's the scan.

No Caption Provided
    redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By redmanta

i think they will bring him back but not as the blue Beetle but as a businessman

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ExtraLarge

I think I saw an interview that said he was never Blue Beetle, but I may be wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No matter what DC does to him in the New 52, Ted Kord will always be Blue Beetle to me. Nothing against the new kid, I just like Ted better.

tahmidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tahmidk

ted kord was and still is and will always be my favourite comic character alonside booster gold. HOWEVER I ALSO REALLY LIKE APOLLO FROM STORMWATCH

red_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By red_titan
    No Caption Provided

After I saw this sketch I said, "Please god, let Ted Kord exist."

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

Yeah man, he does still exist.....in your heart, and DC can never take that from you.

Seriously though he probably never existed and DC is capable of erasing his time as Blue Beetle from your heart.......I'm not joking, they have the technology. They can reach into your heart and take it and crush it into dust before your eyes

TheRedHood97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheRedHood97

I'm not sure if he has been mentioned since the last post on this BUT...i feel like if Ted Kord was never Blue Beetle, then there is NO point in having Booster Gold in the New 52. Booster only ever became the hero he is because Ted died, and if Ted isn't blue beetle...where is the point?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@BlackArmor said:

Yeah man, he does still exist.....in your heart, and DC can never take that from you.

Seriously though he probably never existed and DC is capable of erasing his time as Blue Beetle from your heart.......I'm not joking, they have the technology. They can reach into your heart and take it and crush it into dust before your eyes

i can vouch for that. im a Tim Drake fan.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By colonyofcells

For now I just assume Ted Kord is just vacationing and will soon come back from Foster's home for imaginary white friends, similar to the New 52 Ray Palmer who is no longer a super hero.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC

Ted Kord, Ray Palmer, Wally West and Donna Troy.....I'd read that.

Sins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rejoice, people. In Action comic 23.3 (staring Lex Luthor) Lex said he was going to meet Thomas Kord.... Who is, if some of you didn't know, Ted father ;)

I may be sad that the issues with Jaime were not as good as the old 2006 one, but if they can let this legacy live, I'd be happy to read it again.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sins said:

Rejoice, people. In Action comic 23.3 (staring Lex Luthor) Lex said he was going to meet Thomas Kord.... Who is, if some of you didn't know, Ted father ;)

I may be sad that the issues with Jaime were not as good as the old 2006 one, but if they can let this legacy live, I'd be happy to read it again.

Lex indirectly caused Thomas Kord's death in Forever Evil #1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.