grifter78's Team 7 #7 - Mission 2.3: Majestic review

• grifter78 wrote this review on .
  • grifter78 has written a total of 157 reviews. The last one was for Home Wreckers
  • This review received 5 comments

Hide your kids, hide your wife, cuz Majestic's killing everybody!

(No Spoilers)

Normally when a title is announced for cancellation, it's hard to get excited about any remaining issues. But Jordan has made these last issues of Team 7 absolutely incredible! The tag team of Merino & Alixe continue to deliver on the art side and the introduction of an old Wildstorm character (spoiled by the title of the issue) make this series so much fun now even here at the end.

Jordan has teased inserting Majestic into this title since the beginning. The way he was created here in the New 52 is a little odd but I was at least happy to see him in a version of his classic costume. We also finally get back to Gamorra Island and its dictator leader Kaizen Gamorra who was one of the top villains in the old Wildstorm U. Here, they do well to insert the ongoing mystery of Pandora and her Box into the mix. I hope it leads some to try the issue when they find that connection here with the impending Trinity War crossover.

We also finally get an explanation as to why Steve Trevor hadn't been present in the book until now which is ironic because he's one of the characters in the modern New 52 who kept referring to the team. His insertion is quick but done in a way that makes sense considering Jordan only had a handful of issues left to bring him on board. We also get an explanation of Black Canary and how she got her powers which had a surprising link to an old Wildstorm U concept.

I can't help but repeat, of the titles slated for cancellation so far, this one bums me out the most. It should have at least been given up to issue 12 before they decided to cancel it. Jordan has really hit his stride with the title, but it's obviously too little too late. Well, if the momentum keeps up like this, the series will at least end on a high note next month and will make picking up the trade that much more satisfying for those who were trade-waiting.

Posted by soumya

Jordan is a great writer.It seems he somehow managed to end this title with a bang.Actually he has the perfect tone for the wildstorm characters.It's sad that DC almost wiped out all the wildstorm based character in this recent continuity.

Edited by grifter78

@soumya:

yes, it is rare for me to stay excited about a title that's ending. but Jordan is doing that! and don't get me started on how the WS characters have been treated in the New 52 ;)

Posted by soumya

@grifter78: All I ever wanted is the recreation of old WS universe in the new 52.I think it was a fool's dream.Incorporating WS characters in the DCnU was a big,fat joke.The original WS universe was more mature for DC....and look what they had done....they provided their worst writers on them and eventually cancelled each title...and the worst part is people don't even care...

Edited by grifter78

@soumya: yes, very sad indeed. I wish WS would've gotten the Valiant Comics relaunch treatment. Now THOSE guys know what they're doing! :D

Edited by soumya

@grifter78: Agreed...may be a Valiant-Wildstorm cross company team up is not a bad option right now.