wmwadeii's Team 7 #2 - Black Diamond Probability, Mission 1.2: Lockdown review

Team 7 #2 Review

Cover - 5/5

- Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?

Art - 5/5

- Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?

Color/Ink - 5/5

- Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout - 5/5

- Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?

Story - 5/5

- Weighted Triple. How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?

Verdict - 5

- What I think: What can I as about this series. The covers are nice and I like that each issue will contain a "Then and Now" style variant. I'm really enjoying it so far, and it's nice to see some of the origins of the New 52 characters. I loved Wildstorm, and anytime I can see a book about those characters is a bonus. This issue continues the Team 7's rescue mission on the floating prison. They have to contend with the Eclipsed, prisoners and guards that are infected with serum that brings them under Eclipso's command. There is a lot of fighting and running around in this issue, but you never get lost. It's good to see Black Canary's insights on the team, it helps flesh them out a little more. Throughout the issue the elude to future happenings since this is set 5 years in the past, like Amanda Waller mentioning that controlling criminals to do good could be beneficial, ala Suicide Squad. All together is made for a good back-story issue and I can't wait for the next.