Follow

Taskmaster

Character » Taskmaster appears in 731 issues.

Taskmaster possesses the ability to absorb knowledge and instantly replicate the combat skills of anyone he observes. He has used these skills as a teacher to many super villains, henchmen, and even some heroes. In order to clean his record, he started working for the U.S. government as a combat instructor. Due to a set of events, he was ultimately put in as sheriff of the criminal island known as Bagalia. He currently serves as Madame Hydra's personal bodyguard.

Ultimate Taskmaster?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Strider1992

Although i'm not a fan of Ultimate Marvel we have seen them take characters like Nuke, Red Skull and a few others and make them pretty damn threatening. I know the Ultimate universe is quite into modifying certain things to fit with the modern age so I highly doubt they would stick to Tasky's classic look but if they based their idea on UDON's version of Taskmaster's suit and tweaked it a bit, it wouldn't take much to create quite a believable character.

So my questions are:

Would you like to see Taskmaster in the Ultimate universe?

If they did put him in what would you like to see different from the 616 version?

What background should he have?

master_wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By master_wright

I like the idea of it sure but Ultimate comics have weird need to be over the top instead of realistic and modern or aleast they are straying from realistic to over the top. that said Taskmaster seems like a good get. I'd have him introduced as one of Nick Fury's black ops agents Shang hai ed just like Hawkeye. From there I don't know. Maybe he secretly trained Hawkeye at some point before so they have a history and instead on staying on Taskmaster just ran and eluded SHEILD capture. I mean that sounds impressive considering SHEILDS reach in the ultimate universe. Don't play him as pure villain or hero that way he stays fresh and interesting. Like that old cliche about a man having to hunt down the one guy deadlier than he is and it turns out they know each other. that old hestnuts been fueling action movies forever.IMO

rico_3088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By rico_3088

Hmm, I would like Taskmaster to be an deep under cover Shield agent that cannot break cover for nothing. He has to find some crazy secret thing the bad guys have, but due to skills and undercover status keeps running into the good guys and he has to keep his cover and not kill them at the same time.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kid Apollo

yah id like it if he were part of SHIELD and maybe had a hand in training some other people, but hes not a good guy or bad guy. he just finds himself in situations where he is set against the 'good guys', i like the idea about not killing people, it makes his missions are little harder.

bee14ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's an idea:

He has so obsessively collected data on every meta and trains so religiously both in H2H and tech that he can mimic anybody.

Since 616 Tasky is all about the money - Ulty Tasky should be purely for the love of the game. He's just happy to go head to head with his idols.

His obsessiveness and lack of motivation for money creeps most of his partners/employers out.

He is so focused on minutia that he has been the top student in every dojo he has every attended and then been shown the door for being such a nut.

He refuses to do things that are "out of continuity" for whoever's style he is aping even if it would save his ass.

He could be a great vehicle to comment on all the foibles of comic fandom.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, I hate the UDON look, way too manga-ish for my tastes.

Taskmaster would definitely work well in the UU though - the idea of a supervillain trainer fits well in the more 'serious' universe.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@veshark said:

Taskmaster would definitely work well in the UU though - the idea of a supervillain trainer fits well in the more 'serious' universe.

I liked the UDON. It's a lot better than the mish-mash of other peoples costumes he currently has, a white Red Skull mask, Moon Knight's hood and cape, Captain America's pirate boots ect

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

I liked the UDON. It's a lot better than the mish-mash of other peoples costumes he currently has, a white Red Skull mask, Moon Knight's hood and cape, Captain America's pirate boots ect

You mean his classic look? I'm pretty sure it's not an intentional mish-mash, those are just generic costume elements that could apply to any number of characters. The only aspects of him that are taken from other characters are his weapons.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@veshark said:

You mean his classic look? I'm pretty sure it's not an intentional mish-mash, those are just generic costume elements that could apply to any number of characters. The only aspects of him that are taken from other characters are his weapons.

I thought it was meant to be a mish-mash, same with how he uses his powers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@veshark said:

I thought it was meant to be a mish-mash, same with how he uses his powers

Nope, pretty sure it isn't.

ravisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they made him black

Bazdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bazdan

@ravisher: I've never understood these race-swaps, they seem pointless to me. He doesn't resemble the original (aside from one tacky hockey mask), he hasn't demonstrated photographic reflexes, he doesn't look very capable of acrobatic feats, he seems more like some stereotypical black soldier who just wandered out of a war, wearing a hockey mask. If they're gonna change so much, what's the point in calling him Tony Masters/Taskmaster?

Maybe they'll make him more like the original over the next few issues, I just hope this isn't an excuse to revisit that Travis Love malarkey, smh...

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, some people say, that after Galactus arrives, the Ultimate Universe will end............

The_Good_Loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Good_Loser

in the Ultimate Spider Man animated series taskmaster exists

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.