Taskmaster in MVC3

#1 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

A while ago, there was a leaked image of a character with a white hood and cape for the Marvel side. I thought "OH HELL YES! MOON KNIGHT!" But now, I'm dissapointed that it was just Taskmaster. Yes, it's not confirmed, but it's been leaked.

#2 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been following MVC3 Quite a bit and this is news to me....I've seen Taskmaster on a few "leaked" lists, but theirs a bunch of thos.

Proof please? 

I would be pretty happy tho if its true. =p

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see proof too.
Staff
#4 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (51199 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:
Right, I remember that list.  It's false since it was confirmed no F4 members will be on the roster.
Staff
#6 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol yeah i wouldn't believe that. Thats a pretty old article... and theirs a few things wrong with that list.

First of all M.O.D.O.K isn't on that list, Dormammu isn't either. Mr.Fantastic and Emma Frost have been De-confirmed many times.

Who knows tho? Taskmaster could still be in it.

#7 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

The list is partially real, since Arthur, Magneto, T. Bonne, X-23, Spencer, Wesker and Webhead were confirmed. But then again, it's partially false.

#8 Posted by Mekboy (1201 posts) - - Show Bio

i really hope it's true though, i really want Taskmaster in this lol

#9 Edited by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

"@ReverseNegative: Right, I remember that list.  It's false since it was confirmed no F4 members will be on the roster. "

Good. Then Moon Knight might still have a chance after all. And Iron Fist, since they are the most wanted at the moment.
#10 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

If Moon Knight or Taskmaster appear in the game, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'm not gonna, I haven't even played the first two.

#11 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
" If Moon Knight or Taskmaster appear in the game, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'm not gonna, I haven't even played the first two. "
I'll still get it for Deadpool.
#12 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Thier have been more rumors that he is in. I think it would be cool, if he has two or three movesets that you could switch between.

#13 Posted by bingbangboom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

The rumored list of fighters that was leaked like a long time ago has been pretty dead on with everyone. Supposedly though they are working on DLC characters after the fact because thats how Capcom made a ton of money on Street Fighter. They release it for $60, it drops to $40 and then people buy $20 in DLC or more.  Moon Knight would make sense and be interesting.

#14 Posted by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually prefer Daredevil than Taskmaster. 

If they really want the game to seel, then they have to include the more popular characters

#15 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to take that as confirmation seeing as how he's sitting at a table with a bunch of confirmed characters...I, if he is in the game, how they're going to incorporate his abilities. It'd be cool if I could steal someone's fighting style while fighting them.

#17 Posted by Duncan (11447 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool Taskmaster, but how is Galactus going to work? 

#18 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus could be the boss like Apocolypse and Onslaught were
#19 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
" If Moon Knight or Taskmaster appear in the game, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'm not gonna, I haven't even played the first two. "
It's one of the greatest fighting game series in the history of the genre. I'd highly suggest trying it out as a rental. If you're used to the pace of Street Fighter it'll take a little adjusting but it's worth it to tackle the learning curve.  

I'd love either Moon Knight or Taskmaster to make it into this game, though. 
#20 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic that comes with the Special Edition of the game has Taskmaster in it with MODOK, Magneto, and Super Skrull all sitting together I think it's safe to say that he's in the game just not confirmed.
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Midnight Monk said:
" Galactus could be the boss like Apocolypse and Onslaught were "
Dormammu already has that spot.
#22 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5486 posts) - - Show Bio

I apologise in case this was posted, but Taskmaster is confirmed.
http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/01/17/marvel-vs-capcom-3taskmaster-introduction-trailer

#23 Posted by TenEyedMen (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster looks fun to play as.

#24 Posted by TheGrey (8 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Sasuke (397 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGrey:
Epic
#26 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Taskmaster? I like the character and all, but I  figure he's going to have a lot of recycled moves

#27 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Love said:
" LOL Taskmaster? I like the character and all, but I  figure he's going to have a lot of recycled moves "
Yes of course, plus moves from Hawkeye and Black Knight. Didn't you see the videos?
#28 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak said:
" @Love said:
" LOL Taskmaster? I like the character and all, but I  figure he's going to have a lot of recycled moves "
Yes of course, plus moves from Hawkeye and Black Knight. Didn't you see the videos? "
Nope
#29 Posted by jloneblackheart (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

So no one need leave the vine.... 

#30 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

OK I NEED THIS GAME

#31 Edited by RLAAMJR (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his quotes:  

"You can't run away."

"You are the kick ass-ee and I am the kick ass-er!"

His music theme is cool too.

#32 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: This was a while ago and I'm sure you already know you're wrong but nope. Galactus. Though I can see why you thought that. 

Also to people who were dissapointed with Taskmaster: I thought it was awesome that he made it in. I didn't think someone like him would make it in.
#33 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
" @Vance Astro: This was a while ago and I'm sure you already know you're wrong but nope. Galactus. Though I can see why you thought that.   Also to people who were dissapointed with Taskmaster: I thought it was awesome that he made it in. I didn't think someone like him would make it in. "
I'm glad a lesser-know character as awesome as Taskmaster made it, but I just wish Moon Knight would be in it too.
#34 Posted by Omarpool (6773 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird: You're right Moon-Knight would be a good edition, but people shouldn't be upset Taskmaster was chosen instead. With enough demand he could be chosen to be DLC.
#35 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omarpool said:
" @G Bird: You're right Moon-Knight would be a good edition, but people shouldn't be upset Taskmaster was chosen instead. With enough demand he could be chosen to be DLC. "
I fully agree with you, it's not like Marvel chose Taskmaster over Moon Knight, they simply just didn't choose to have Moon Knight in it. I hope they make him a DLC though, then maybe I'd buy the game.
#36 Posted by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@G Bird said:

" @Omarpool said:
" @G Bird: You're right Moon-Knight would be a good edition, but people shouldn't be upset Taskmaster was chosen instead. With enough demand he could be chosen to be DLC. "
I fully agree with you, it's not like Marvel chose Taskmaster over Moon Knight, they simply just didn't choose to have Moon Knight in it. I hope they make him a DLC though, then maybe I'd buy the game. "

Marvel didn't have anything to do with it other than making the comic for the video game. Capcom decided which characters to use, not Marvel. When Marvel enters a licence agreement with a company, Marvel gives that company a list of characters that they can use. That company then decides which characters to use and not to use based on that list. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.