Taskmaster in Marvel Now!'s Secret Avengers!

#1 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio
The new Secret Avengers creative team, as revealed earlier today, is a S.H.I.E.L.D.-focused book debuting in February 2013 from the creative team of Nick Spencer and Luke Ross. The lineup includes Hawkeye, Black Widow, Mockingbird, green Hulk, Taskmaster and Winter Soldier in an unexpected role. "Even the members of the team cannot know about [the missions] when they are done," Brevoort says. "It's basically a cross between a S.H.I.E.L.D. book and an Avengers book."

Is anyone else as psyched about this as me!? Excuse me while I go fanboy-out somewhere!!!!!

#2 Posted by Aeroman (503 posts) - - Show Bio

it's about time he got some recognition

#3 Posted by SmashBrawler (5735 posts) - - Show Bio

No, no, no!! I was planning to buy only two Marvel NOW titles!

At least it's not bi-monthly (I think)...

#4 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

That is pretty awesome. I hope they use the Udon look though.

#5 Posted by stu (379 posts) - - Show Bio

awwww sweeeeet!!!!

#6 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

so sick, this team and book should be pretty awesome. cant wait, hopefully it doesn't disappoint

#7 Posted by Cap10nate (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the book that I am most looking forward to reading. I can't wait to see Taskmaster interact with others and see how Buck fits into this scenario.

#8 Posted by darktiger (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

The new Secret Avengers creative team, as revealed earlier today, is a S.H.I.E.L.D.-focused book debuting in February 2013 from the creative team of Nick Spencer and Luke Ross. The lineup includes Hawkeye, Black Widow, Mockingbird, green Hulk, Taskmaster and Winter Soldier in an unexpected role. "Even the members of the team cannot know about [the missions] when they are done," Brevoort says. "It's basically a cross between a S.H.I.E.L.D. book and an Avengers book."

Is anyone else as psyched about this as me!? Excuse me while I go fanboy-out somewhere!!!!!

me too I can't wait to get the secret avengers comic books with tasky he will finally get some respect

#9 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Here he is on the cover of Secret Avengers 2!

#10 Posted by longbowhunter (7094 posts) - - Show Bio

Great lineup for this team.

#11 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that the definite line-up in the OP? If so I like it, except for the Hulk being there.

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

And I thought that I should not pick this up.Now I have a reason to pick this up.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Is that the definite line-up in the OP? If so I like it, except for the Hulk being there.

Yes I believe this was quoted from the writer so i'm pretty sure its the confirmed line-up.

#14 Posted by HushoftheWind (995 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i wish Task was getting an updated Marvel Now costume, something on the lines of his UDON look.

#15 Posted by tomlikesfries (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Aweeesome. I wasn't going to buy this book before, because of the crappy preview in Point One, but looks like I got no choice :P

#16 Posted by darktiger (4579 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomlikesfries said:

Aweeesome. I wasn't going to buy this book before, because of the crappy preview in Point One, but looks like I got no choice :P

exactly can't wait to see tasky get a reputation he deserves

#17 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Taskmaster but I dont know why its so hard for Marvel to make his Skeleton mask look cool. Hooded cloak/cape + Skeleton Mask should = Beast Mode, not campy Scooby-Doo villain. The math just aint adding up Marvel -_-

#18 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quintus_Knightfall: It's dependent on the artist. He looked badass in "Deadpool kills Marvel":

And UDON's restyle of Taskmaster was good too:

Ultimately the costume isn't the problem is the people drawing/coloring.

#19 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold the phone! Winter Soldier's on there?

Finally! If Clint tries anything romantic with Natasha, Bucky will end him forever.

#20 Posted by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Yep that will be interesting to see. I swear if they get Hawkeye and Black Widow back together due to the movies i'll have to violently attack something!

Anyhow it does look like an interesting line-up (my main focus being on Taskmaster of course due to his unending awesomeness) hopefully we'll see how they managed to get along. Seems strange Hulk being there -.o? My main interest is to see how Winter Soldier and Hawkeye interact with each other and Taskmaster especially as Tasky outperformed them both during their confrontations in the past. Might be some hidden bitterness there!

#21 Posted by NewComicGuy (130 posts) - - Show Bio

I came here to look up and see if Taskmaster was going to pop up in Marvel NOW! anytime soon and low and behold. I have never read anything on the character(being new and all) but I have had friends talk about him to me and have read his bio, and just through that I can easily see him becoming one of my favorites.

<sigh> I thought I had chosen all the books I was going to follow but looks like it's time to add one more to the list. I may have just found a reason to cut out Iron Man.

#22 Edited by Strider92 (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one disappointed that Tasky hasn't had much face time in SA thus far? :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.