So Taskmaster's previous memories are now non-canon?

• 72 results
#1 Posted by Capo_Del_Bandito (278 posts) - - Show Bio

The Taskmaster mini-series by Udon and crew where Taskmaster remembered bits of his childhood, has a fear of drowning, etc is now no longer valid as he wasn't supposed to have had his photographic reflexes ability until he was well into SHIELD and not as a child? 

Was EVERYTHING related to Simone and Udon's take on the character invalidated?

#2 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure UDON's take on Taskmaster was ever really considered 616 canon (could be wrong though).

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to consider the new Taskmaster mini as non-canon as it re-writes most of his recent history & powers.  Admittedly I'm not the fountain of all knowledge when it comes to Taskie, but since when did he have memory-problems?  I need to get the UDON mini to see if that makes more sense.

#4 Posted by Vermillo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...Actually I been follow task for a while and while I like the idea of him getting his own series again...Im a little disappointed with the idea of rewriting his whole history  or the fact that they total made the UDON series non-canon which was originally part of the 616. I say this because Agent X came out of the UDON run as well as it explain what happen to DP at the end of his first series. To be honest this new series is confusing to me because if Task have a photographic memory then how can someone easy wipe it without destroying him as a character. Because everything is link to his memory his moves everything so...How can he be Task master still with no memory?  As well as nothing is canon in this run with anything that Task as down in the past. It like alter version of him instead of him. I prefer the UDON run of Taskmaster which portray him more of merc instead a man on the run just to find something.  But it is Marvel so who knows where it going.

#5 Posted by SystemID (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it the new series. Gives the character more depth. >_<

It's kinda humorous too. =)

#6 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure UDON's take on Taskmaster was ever really considered 616 canon (could be wrong though). "
Wow. I just added a gallery I did not know that. Abilities are the same though?
#7 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Metatron_Da_Don said:
" @Gambler said:
" I was wondering the same thing. I'm not sure UDON's take on Taskmaster was ever really considered 616 canon (could be wrong though). "
Wow. I just added a gallery I did not know that. Abilities are the same though? "
Like I mentioned, I could be wrong. Just never really seen anything from UDON's run used in other interpretations of Taskmaster. Like being able to increase his speed by watching kung fu videos in fast motion. Is that something thats been shown outside of UDON's run? Catching bullets with his bare hands is another feat I dont believe I've seen anywhere else besides UDON's run. But again, I could be wrong.
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Metatron_Da_Don said:
" @Gambler said:
Wow. I just added a gallery I did not know that. Abilities are the same though? "
Stop adding Feats/Fights as a gallery.  Don't create galleries that replicate the content of other galleries for the same character.  I've now removed that for the second time.
#9 Edited by ThePatMan (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Udon series and I have a love/hate thing going on with this new series, but I'm going to stay on topic. There's a contradiction between this new series and Udon's. This new series states that he lies in social situations to make up for his lack of memory. If that is the case though, then how come Taskmaster was able to remember his childhood when he was alone in the river? Who is he lying to, himself? Even if it's possible that the action of being underwater is a part of his whole memory palace thing to help him remember specific memories, he still has to go through the conditioning of building that mental room and equipping it with a trigger to recall the memories. Simply being under water doesn't seem like the best trigger for such memories.

And the memory palace thing, that's another contradiction I noticed with the new series. Going by Taskmaster's explanation of what it is, you have to mentally create the room filled with memories and assign a trigger to recall it. If he doesn't remember who he is, then how in the heck can he use such a technique to begin with or even remember that he has a memory palace?

I personally don't like the route this new series took, yet I think everything before it can still be considered canon. It'll take some decent writing to help bridge these gaps, but I'm sure it can be done. I still miss his old backstory though. Sometimes nice and simple is a good thing, not all characters need some elaborate background.

#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I haven't read the UDON series, I can't compare the two.  All I can compare this mini series with is the Avengers: Initiative...  And it's completely contradictory!  In A:I he was consciously aware of his past, learning techniques and who he had trained.  As much as I've enjoyed this mini series, it's a completely different character with similar powers to the character I grew to love in A:I.

So it's left me wondering... which version of Taskmaster is the right one?  What was Taskie like in his appearances prior to his induction as an Initiative trainer?

#11 Edited by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThePatMan said:

"If he doesn't remember who he is, then how in the heck can he use such a technique to begin with or even remember that he has a memory palace?"

Different part of the brain. They've done positively creepy tests on that kind of thing in patients like the guy in Memento; google  "Henry Molaison".

@xerox-kitty: 
I think it was implied that his memories had only just become "full".    
#12 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@PumpkinBomb said:
"I think it was implied that his memories had only just become "full".     "
Really?  I had the feeling that this had been going on for some time.  That's why he couldn't remember that he was a hero during his many years as a villain...??
#13 Posted by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
I assumed that was due to the order in which they were lost.
#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda assumed he had his photographic reflexes when he was a child but they weren't as good as they are now until he took that serum. So he still has memories from childhood but only little bits, like learning to twirl a lasso or almost drowning. But what his mother looked like, if he had any siblings those things he doesn't remember since he took the serum.
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The only concrete thing we learned from this new mini series is that... it's even more confusing than before ;p

#16 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Late to the party, but anyway.

His handbook entry references the events of the UDON mini, therefore, technically, it is canon. Taskmaster later on used the same costume (but did not perform feats of th same quality; he was a secondary character, though), in Gail Simone's Deadpool run, and Agent X.

But, practically, yu are correct, as plenty of things from that mini were never used again.
#17 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:  Thanks for the clarification. Off topic, did you read his recent mini? Loved the way they artistically depicted his copying of other character's moves.
#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Morpheus_:  Thanks for the clarification. Off topic, did you read his recent mini? Loved the way they artistically depicted his copying of other character's moves. "
Anytime.

Yes, I did. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but it perplexes matters very much when it comes to his backstory. I wonder where Marvel will decide to take the character from there. I liked the depiction of his movements, too.

PS - Moon Knight talking like Rorschach and the opposing organisation named M.I.L.F. Need I say more? LOL.
#19 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

But, practically, yu are correct, as plenty of things from that mini were never used again. "

The bullet catching feat that was used in Taskmasters UDON mini run was used once again in the Deadpool Vs. Thunderbolts 4 part "Magnum Opus" Run.. Where Taskmaster dressed as Deadpool was fighting Black Widow in h2h.. as they were fight Black Widow shot a pin like dart from her wrist.. and Taskmaster caught it easily..

Back on topic.. With Taskmasters new mini series.. I really don't think that it's canon..
#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626:  I've read the issue. A dart moves nowhere near as fast as a bullet.
#21 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: Considering the range.. it's fairly similar.. it was in the middle of a h2h fight.. 
#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
" @Morpheus_: Considering the range.. it's fairly similar.. it was in the middle of a h2h fight..  "
I recall it. Taskmaster blocking bullets after they were fired with a set of chains (again in that Thunderbolts issue) is more in tune to the bullet catching feat, I'd say.
#23 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @Morpheus_: Considering the range.. it's fairly similar.. it was in the middle of a h2h fight..  "
I recall it. Taskmaster blocking bullets after they were fired with a set of chains (again in that Thunderbolts issue) is more in tune to the bullet catching feat, I'd say. "
IMO I don't think bullet blocking is in tune to bullet catching..
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:
I recall it. Taskmaster blocking bullets after they were fired with a set of chains (again in that Thunderbolts issue) is more in tune to the bullet catching feat, I'd say. "
IMO I don't think bullet blocking is in tune to bullet catching.. "
But more in tune than dart catching. ; )
#25 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626 said:
IMO I don't think bullet blocking is in tune to bullet catching.. "
But more in tune than dart catching. ; ) "
How so?
#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mavfan626: Because a dart does not move as fast as a bullet, as I said before.
#27 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mavfan626: Because a dart does not move as fast as a bullet, as I said before. "
Elektra can block bullets and cut a single bullet in half with her sai's and many others can do the same.. so I don't see how that would be in tune.. when many others that can block bullet with various have no bullet catching feats.. Catching a small metal projectile a feat or 2 way is similar is all I'm saying.. 

But if your talking about which feat is greater then yeah I agree blocking bullets with chain is better then catching a bullet..            
#28 Posted by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio

The limited series is not within continuity because it directly contradicts previously established history of the character, just like his appearance in SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN limited series. Taskmaster was born a prodigious savant of mnemonic talents  as shown numerous times in the past.  

@xerox-kitty
said:

"

Since I haven't read the UDON series, I can't compare the two.  All I can compare this mini series with is the Avengers: Initiative...  And it's completely contradictory!  In A:I he was consciously aware of his past, learning techniques and who he had trained.  As much as I've enjoyed this mini series, it's a completely different character with similar powers to the character I grew to love in A:I.

So it's left me wondering... which version of Taskmaster is the right one?  What was Taskie like in his appearances prior to his induction as an Initiative trainer?

"

Taskmaster has really never been written the same over the years.  

- Originally he kept a video library database of heroes and villains doing various physical feats because he would have to refresh his memory on them from time to time. And could copy any move no matter how complex.

- Then in DEADPOOL #3 it was claimed that he could not copy Deadpool just because he was dancing "crazy," which implys that he can't a certain style of dancing where you move irratically in different ways, but he can do that because it is a physical feat. 

- Then in the UDON series, he suddenly had a photographic memory along with being able to move in a faster speed by watching a movie in fast forward. 

- Then in AGENT-X he had to "learn" how to love by watching soap operas and "had" to follow everything he watched, so he was acting like a dumb love struck fool. It was explained in the DEADPOOL series (when the title changed) why he could not copy Agent-X's moves... it is because of the powers he gained from Black Swan and inadvertantly accessing them to make Taskmaster forget how to use his abilities. 

- Then recently shown that he got his abilties via  serum as an adult, which conflicts with his previous appearances taht showed him using them as a child. 

Then there is always the part about his face being shown or not being shown.... 

Numerous different faces have been shown to be his "true" face (DAREDEVIL, SIREN, MOON KNIGHT, etc), even though the creator had intended it to be his actual face that his abilties caused, much like with DC's Dr. Destiny. His true face has yet to be shown along with his real name.    

#29 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf:
Retcons happen to characters all the time...As Morpheus already said, the official handbook entry does in fact recognize the events of the latest retcon story as indeed being canon.
Staff
#30 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @DragynWulf: Retcons happen to characters all the time...As Morpheus already said, the official handbook entry does in fact recognize the events of the latest retcon story as indeed being canon. "
That was in regards to the UDON mini. There hasn't been an entry since Van Lente's mini, but Christos Gage acknowledged it in the most recent issue of Avengers Academy, so, for better, or worse, that is the character's direction, for now.
#31 Edited by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
It was also mentioned in Marvel.com's 'pysch ward' entry for the character.
Staff
#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_: It was also mentioned in Marvel.com's 'pysche ward' entry for the character. "
True indeed.
#33 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#34 Edited by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

"@Morpheus_: It was also mentioned in Marvel.com's 'pysch ward' entry for the character. "

Interviews do not count as being part of continuity. Neither do letter pages.

@k4tzm4n

said:

"@DragynWulf: Retcons happen to characters all the time...As Morpheus already said, the official handbook entry does in fact recognize the events of the latest retcon story as indeed being canon. "

The latest Handbook entry does not have anything on the 2010 limited series just published. It has it from the UDON limited series. I should know, I wrote it along with the information in the back of TASKMASTER #1 (2010). http://www.comicvine.com/david-wiltfong/26-46089/    

Retcons can not go against previously established parts of a character in continuity because you have to use the same continued use of something for it to be "continuity". They have to be explained in order to work, because you can't just give a character a new history out of the blue. This is why Hudlin's "new" history for Rhino in BLACK PANTHER didn't work and thus a new character was created to solve this problem.      
#35 Edited by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf:

Marvel's offiial 'psych page,' which is intented to inform readers of the character does count, as do interviews with the writers of said titles.  If you read the conversation, you'd see I was already corrected in the handbook entry remark.  We're all aware of Taskmaster's continuity throughout assorted titles and runs, but it's clear that this new title was meant to give the character a boost in popularity, as well as 'reinvent' him.  Whether or not you like it, his origin was in fact re-written.
Staff
#36 Edited by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

"@DragynWulf: Marvel's offiial 'psych page,' which is intented to inform readers of the character does count, as do interviews with the writers of said titles.  If you read the conversation, you'd see I was already corrected in the handbook entry remark.  We're all aware of Taskmaster's continuity throughout assorted titles and runs, but it's clear that this new title was meant to give the character a boost in popularity, as well as 'reinvent' him.  Whether or not you like it, his origin was in fact re-written. "

Sorry, but the only thing that counts as within continuity are the comics themselves. Anything stated outside of the comics in interviews, on Marvel's website, stated by a writer in an interview or anything else does not count as being part of continuity. Writers intend for something to be within continuity, but just because they want it to be, does not mean that it actually is because the editor has the last say on what does and doesn't count. Even if the story is published, the editor has the last say because just because it is published, it does not mean that it is intended to be taken as the writer wants it taken or how the fans want it to be taken.  

Look at the entries for Speed and Wiccan for example. In the stories it never outright states that Scarlet Witch is their mother. It says it in the letter pages, but not the story itself. It HINTS to this, but that is all it is. The writer also mentioned it in interviews that she was their mother, but it contradicts what was told in the story. When writing the profile for Speed, we were told by the editor that even though everything points to Scarlet Witch being their mother OUTSIDE of the comics, the comics themselves do not state that she is their mother and we had to use the words "alleged mother" instead of "mother" for relatives and in the history.  

Look at SPIDER-MAN: CHAPTER ONE for example. The writer intended it to be within continuity and the new history, but editorial decided that it was not. Even though the writer stated numerous times in numerous interviews that it was the new origin.

You can assume you know everything about how things are done, but unless you work on the material itself for the company itself, all you are doing is assuming.
#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

"Sorry, but the only thing that counts as within continuity are the comics themselves  " 
And his latest self-titled run supports everything we've been saying.  You, on the other hand, are ASSUMING the comic will NOT be treated as canon, when already another issue supports our point (Avengers: Academy). 

Staff
#38 Posted by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
""Sorry, but the only thing that counts as within continuity are the comics themselves  " And his latest self-titled run supports everything we've been saying.  You, on the other hand, are ASSUMING the comic will NOT be treated as canon, when already another issue supports our point (Avengers: Academy).  "

I am not assuming anything. You have to understand continuity completely before you can claim you know it because it is just not as simple as following characters from title to title. As stated, I am one of the writers on the Handbooks. The SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN limited series is not within continuity, even though it is referanced in other comics just like the latest issue of AVENGERS ACADEMY mentions something from the TASKMASTER limited series. It all comes down to memories being messed with and because of that, the series itself if out of continuity, but elements from it are not. Just like with the SPIDER-WOMAN: ORIGIN limited series, elements from it are like a dream and dreams showin in the mainstream Earth-616 are alternate realtiies.It can be complicated sometimes, but simple as well if you understand it all and how things work. 

I've given examples of how a writer wants something to be within continuity (BLACK PANTHER, SPIDER-MAN: CHAPTER ONE, YOUNG AVENGERS), but are not even though it was referanced elsewhere including in the comics. The writer does not decide what is and isn't within continuity. The editors do.
#39 Edited by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf:
Actually, you are.  It doesn't matter what field of work you're in, it doesn't make your knowledge on continuity greater than any other dedicated fan. You're disregarding this because it goes against the origin that was established in his previous run--- and because of that, you're operating under the assumption that the revealations (which contract the UDON origin) in this latest run will be disregarded in later titles because it does not fit. However, a title have now treated this as canon material. Do I think it was a stupid move to re-write his origin? Yes, very much.  But that doesn't mean I'm now going to pretend it never happened.  If someone down the road decides to make that change, then great.  But until then, it's being treated as canon material.

And since you're a handbook writer, please inform them to get some of their own continuity in terms of ranks. (fighting skill, strength, energy projection)  Too many characters have flucuated in rank, and some are completely nonsensical.
Staff
#40 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @DragynWulf:

Too many characters have flucuated in rank, and some are completely nonsensical.

"

Venom/Anti-Venom at 11 tons makes me laugh. ;P
#41 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:
That's an excellent example and one of the many on my mind.  I'm all set with this conversation though since I have nothing to add.
Staff
#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio

And one last note, if the editors did such an excellent job, perhaps Taskmaster wouldn't flucuate so much from title to title ;)

Staff
#43 Posted by DragynWulf (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@DragynWulf:
Actually, you are.  It doesn't matter what field or work you're in, it doesn't make your knowledge on continuity greater than any other fan. You're disregarding this because it goes against the origin that was established in his previous run--- and because of that, you're operating under the assumption that the revealations (which contract the UDON origin) in this latest run will be disregarded in later titles because it does not fit. However, two titles have now treated this latest run as canon material. Do I think it was a stupid move to re-write his origin? Yes, very much.  But that doesn't mean I'm now going to pretend it never happened.  If someone down the road decides to make that change, then great.  But until then, it's being treated as canon material. And since you're a handbook writer, please inform them to get some of their own continuity in terms of ranks. (fighting skill, strength, energy projection)  Too many characters have flucuated in rank, and some are completely nonsensical. "

The Handbook writers talk with the writers, editors, artists, and others, not to mention that it is approved by editorial. We are told by editoral what is and isn't within continuity. All you are doing is assuming you know what is and isn't while assuming you know how everything works. 

No idea what you are talking about "getting out own terms of ranks". You act like you came up with the terms. The Handbooks have been using those terms since the 90's, long before the internet was around and much longer than this website was even thought of being created. 

And yes, characters have had a flux in their ranks, but if you'd read the Handbooks, you'd understand that it mainly covers their current powers. However there are profiles that show different stages for the characters if they have had different powers, forms, or ranks like the Hulk, Spider-Man, and others.
#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (40612 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf:
I'd certainly hope the handbook writers discuss the material with everyone, but we've seen characters like Bucky or Steve Rogers go down in skill, others get ranks they do NOT deserve aka being credited too well or too low.   Ask any of the dedicated fans here and they'll agree with me.  Just because it's official doesn't mean it's accurate.  That's like saying 'Spider-Man CAN beat Firelord.  Just read the issue and see for yourself."  No where did I say I know how everything works, but I have read his appearances old and current, and the latest run HAS been treated as canon in one current 616 title.  Nuff said.
Staff
#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man wearing the suit that is weak against fire beat Firelord. :p 

(It was the symbiote, right?)

#46 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Taskmaster, AND, the newly released limited series. Taskmaster is a patch work quilt as far as continuity is concerned. Originally he was born with his abilities. We see him as a child mimicking cowboys and such on T.V.  and playing High School football mimicking moves.  Udon took his abilities a step further and gave him Photographic Memory, but we still see him as a child with abilities. Now the new series comes along and not only wasn't he born with his powers, he didn't obtain em until well into adulthood via the serum.

Yet in every instance he still had the moves/fighting abilities of characters he had fought in other issues/series despite his reboots and retcons. The new series clearly dipects him using the orignal Swordsman's style and even references his fight with Elektra. So there's the writers (or whoever's) attempt at connecting the series to Taskmaster's past. Captain America mentions the whole "training John Walker to be the next Cap" instance as well as the Camp Hammond/Avengers Initiative history. So now its connected to events in Tasky's waaay waaay past as well as his more recent stints.

But none of that matters until events from the new series are referenced in other comics (which it was).

This memory loss event was established in the new series and now re-enforced in Avengers Academy. I'm not sure what else could be done to cement the fact that the new series was canon. You have events from his past integrated into the limited series, and now we have events from the limited series being integrated into the character in later issues. What else is there?
#47 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Solution: There are two Taskmasters. One that had his powers from childhood (we'll call him UTM) and remembers, and another who got them from a serum and doesn't remember anything but his moves (we'll call him TM). TM is unaware of UTM because he can't remember what he's done and what he hasn't. UTM is a not only a master martial artist, but also a brilliant man and has been taking great care to ensure that the world believes there is only one Taskmaster. He knows the truth and allows this other Taskmaster to run around and do things for his own sinister purposes. Every now and then he'll confront him (dressed as another hero or villain of course) and fight him to gain any new skills he's learned, but otherwise has no contact with him. After his failed shot at making the big time during Seige, UTM is hanging back and letting TM make appearances while he plans his next move. 

Maybe one day...
#48 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot:  hahaha nice.
#49 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf said:
"The Handbooks have been using those terms since the 90's, long before the internet was around and much longer than this website was even thought of being created."
The internet wasn't around in the 90s? seriously?
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@DragynWulf said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"@DragynWulf:
Actually, you are.  It doesn't matter what field or work you're in, it doesn't make your knowledge on continuity greater than any other fan. You're disregarding this because it goes against the origin that was established in his previous run--- and because of that, you're operating under the assumption that the revealations (which contract the UDON origin) in this latest run will be disregarded in later titles because it does not fit. However, two titles have now treated this latest run as canon material. Do I think it was a stupid move to re-write his origin? Yes, very much.  But that doesn't mean I'm now going to pretend it never happened.  If someone down the road decides to make that change, then great.  But until then, it's being treated as canon material. And since you're a handbook writer, please inform them to get some of their own continuity in terms of ranks. (fighting skill, strength, energy projection)  Too many characters have flucuated in rank, and some are completely nonsensical. "
The Handbook writers talk with the writers, editors, artists, and others, not to mention that it is approved by editorial. We are told by editoral what is and isn't within continuity. All you are doing is assuming you know what is and isn't while assuming you know how everything works.  No idea what you are talking about "getting out own terms of ranks". You act like you came up with the terms. The Handbooks have been using those terms since the 90's, long before the internet was around and much longer than this website was even thought of being created.  And yes, characters have had a flux in their ranks, but if you'd read the Handbooks, you'd understand that it mainly covers their current powers. However there are profiles that show different stages for the characters if they have had different powers, forms, or ranks like the Hulk, Spider-Man, and others. "
Why are you sitting here lying?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.