My opinon on Taskmaster and his Costume.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

im not really a taskmaster fan and i have never really picked up a book really wanting to read abiut him but i do think that taskmaster is a good character.But when ever i read a comic and hes in it i think taskmaster is interesting in whatever book he is in when im reading it. 

Plus i really dount like his costume.in my opion i like his udon costume alot better that his Classic one.  

Udon
Classic
#2 Posted by Hit_Monkey (1025 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180:
 The classic one has grown on me but I agree the udon set up looked awesome.
#3 Posted by 84taskmaster84 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Well as my name states lol.I am a taskmaster fan i think the Udon costume is a great stealth suit and more tactical but the original is just who he is.The whole pirate look to me works I think the suits should be used tho Udons on more stealth missions as it stream lines what he has to carry making him lighter and the original just cuz he likes to have more options faster.All in all keep them both and star using Udons suit more

Taskmaster #1
#4 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7966 posts) - - Show Bio

Much prefer the classic one, that Udon ones looks like a cross between Jason X and General Grievous concept art

#5 Posted by Dead Sidekick (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the classic one made by George Perez as nothing stands out more to me than him taking on the entire Avengers. Way before other types did this.
#6 Posted by TheGrey (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Udon's very nice, but i prefer the classic one: 

#7 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree, the Classic works better because it's his look. The UDON look made him look like a generic merc.

#8 Posted by Feliciano2040 (654 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheGrey said:

Udon's very nice, but i prefer the classic one: 
Awesome sketch, who's the artist ?
#9 Posted by Degalon (743 posts) - - Show Bio

I like his Udon look because well, it's just PRACTICAL, it looks more "pro".  Which suits a high level mercenary like him.  It makes him look more like a professional.  Plus the big thing about it was that the 2 guns and energy projector made him far more effective than carrying around all the gear, and the cape.

#10 Posted by Hit_Monkey (1025 posts) - - Show Bio
@Degalon said:
I like his Udon look because well, it's just PRACTICAL, it looks more "pro".  Which suits a high level mercenary like him.  It makes him look more like a professional.  Plus the big thing about it was that the 2 guns and energy projector made him far more effective than carrying around all the gear, and the cape.
#11 Posted by Paracelsus (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm far more curious as to the provenance of Taskmaster's powers( as with Seraph and Topaz, it is possible that he is a mutant, but this so far not dwelt upon )- is that why h never clashes with the X-Men for one?

Terry

#12 Posted by Rasarima (371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Degalon said:

I like his Udon look because well, it's just PRACTICAL, it looks more "pro". Which suits a high level mercenary like him. It makes him look more like a professional. Plus the big thing about it was that the 2 guns and energy projector made him far more effective than carrying around all the gear, and the cape.

He isnt just a merc he is their teacher, he needs to be feared and respected by then....he is a master

#13 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Degalon said:

I like his Udon look because well, it's just PRACTICAL, it looks more "pro". Which suits a high level mercenary like him. It makes him look more like a professional. Plus the big thing about it was that the 2 guns and energy projector made him far more effective than carrying around all the gear, and the cape.

to me his original look makes him look like a pirate.

#14 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic all the way.

#15 Posted by TwistedGamer (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Udon all the way.

#16 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic is by far better.

#17 Posted by JamDamage (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

Taskmaster has grown on me. His suit, not so much. I hate, I HATE pirate boots. That's why love the Ultimate Capatain America suit to the 616. I as much as I love the wing tips, I was happy to give them up for military boots. Glad Black Adam is getting a new suit. Happy as hell Deathstroke got a new suit. His gloves are wicked, but his boots sucks dick. Liefield ruined that tho. I don't even read that title anymore. One tho that is cool with Taskmaster was in his last mini-series. Instead of a full skull mask, had a cloth mask with what could have almost been a magic marker that was used to draw a skeleton on the mask and it worked great. Him as a character tho, he's just awsome

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the original mask better cause the new one makes him look like Casey Jones in a hoodie, but the rest of the new costume is fine

#19 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38789 posts) - - Show Bio
@TwistedGamer said:

Udon all the way.

#20 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they use UDON for Marvel's Relaunch

#21 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: I'm cool with the rest of the costume I just wish they'd change the mask

#22 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: a simple symbolic mask beats a mcfarlane one

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: He looks like a goalie

#24 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic

#25 Posted by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duke_Nasty said:

Classic is by far better.

#26 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Doesn't mean he can't be badass, case in point casey jones

#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: The look works for Casey cause he's kind of a bum, the look doesn't work for a top tier merc

#28 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: It does, it says 'I am neutral' and I go wherever I want. Old one says 'I wear this off the 80's and it was hip in the nineties because it was dark and edgy.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: The new one doesn't say anything, its just generic, he may as well be just a henchman in it

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Well he does teach henchmen, he might as well be their shining example of what to look up to and aspire to be when they graduate

#31 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

When did Udon get introduced anyway?

#32 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Udon outfit

#33 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: People who become henchmen are not people with aspirations, its the super villain equivalent of working at burger king when you're 40

#34 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: early 2000's

@joshmightbe: He is a more grounded characters, pirate boots belong to golden age supersoldiers and alternate company ripoffs. Henchemen can become characters, take Hydra Bob for example, and no its the supervilain equivalent of taking things more seriously.

#35 Posted by joshmightbe (24764 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: I like the rest of the costume its just that mask I don't like. He doesn't have to go back to his original just get a different one

#36 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: then do an udon with the old mask

there win win situation

#37 Posted by ClassicMerc (5 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^I could not agree more.

#38 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan of his and like his costume but his mask does throw ppl off a bit. The skull mask just makes him look like a generic evil villain and before I knew anything about him I just thought he was another Red Skull type but he is far from pure evil or a Red Skull clone. I do think it should be a little updated. Perhaps a combination of both costumes would work ? Like a half golie mask / half skull mask ? The cape should go for the simple fact that he is a top of the line fighter and a cape would be a giant weakness (which he would understand) Maybe for looks you can keep it but explain that it's a 'break away' cape so that it comes off as soon as he begins to fight. Other than that I like the colors . You don't see a lot of white used in costumes (even though he'd probably be better with darker colors) I think you keep it white and blue because it stands out on a page.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.