Is he Good or Bad ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Taskmaster a good guy or is he a bad guy?

#2 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral.

He goes to the highest bidder.

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Good guy who has memory issues and ends up being a hired merc as a result.
#4 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought he was a "bad guy."

I think Neutral would be the best answer, since he works for whoever hires him and it could put him on either side...

#5 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Neutral. He goes to the highest bidder.

this is right, however i think he is a good person on the inside, like when he helped that lady win and the dice table in taskmaster # 1. He didn't have to do that.

#6 Posted by TheReaper111 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

tasky is traditionaly a bad guy, but he will train good guys to get out of jail time

#7 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: That story you are referring to I did not like, it was in direct contradiction to every thing that had been written about him previously., I for one am happy that they seem to be ignoring it

and I think he is neutral

#8 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: He's a badguy. Always has been. Don't let anyone tell you different.

#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@BloodTalon said:

@Morpheus_: I for one am happy that they seem to be ignoring it

They aren't. Avengers Academy referenced it directly.
#10 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: well that is disappointing

#11 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

When was this story? Where?

#12 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: What do you mean the story where they said that Taskmaster has no memories or the Avengers Academy story that referenced it directly.

I don't read Avengers Academy so that I don't know but it was first in a minnie that sucked if you like Taskmaster then I say don't read it

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@BloodTalon said:

You mean the retcon story about Taskmaster's past? That was in Van Lente's Taskmaster mini-series. Christos Gage had Taskmaster reference it in his appearance in Avengers Academy # 9.

@BloodTalon: I actually liked the mini but the retcon was absolutely unnecessary, and I agree it flat out contradicts just about everything we previously knew about his past. However, it seems that this is the way Marvel wants to use the character from this point onwards.
#14 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I liked the way that the artist portrayed his power when it was in use and it had some funny lines in it but the rest I choose to ignore

I mean the story has more plot holes than most people have socks. it makes me sad.

#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@BloodTalon said:

Taskmaster miniseries.I liked it.

#16 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Taskmaster is a bad guy with a good streak. Greed is his driving force, but he's not evil.

#17 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither

#18 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

who cares if he's good or bad he's great!!

#19 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Neutral.

#20 Posted by Wavelength (17 posts) - - Show Bio

i prefer the mini personally. the idea that he is only a "bad guy" because he doesn't remember being good. and that his powers were the result of stopping the reincarnation of HITLER. the personal touch and piecing together of who is as a person and where he came from as the taskmaster made him less of a daunting yet mock able figure looming in the darkness.

#21 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a bad-neutral guy. He guys to the Highest bidder. He will do anything for money which isn't normal. Most people have some limit to what they will do. He doesn't (apart from maybe genocide). So that's why i call him a bad neutral guy because he still does anything. Also he has done bad things of his own accord. Actually that was his main revenue. His academies. They train murderers and thieves.

#22 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

No he's an anti-villain..! An anti-villain is a villain who clearly does bad things and often fights the hero but has good qualities and most the time is only a villain due to circumstances or because he truly believes he is doing a greater good. I think Taskmaster is a good guy as much as Deadpool or even Punisher are but heroes don't pay as much so he works with villains

#23 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

taskmaster is about that money he is neutral, makes me wonder why Shield or Tony Stark doesn't just put him on the pay roll

#24 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is that he was meant to be a bad guy, but subsequent writers put in a few anti-hero elements in his storyline.

#25 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

He definitely started out as a villain but he still would work for the good guys when offered enough money. In the last few years they've started to give him a sense of humor and made him a little more like Deadpool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.