Do you think this character will stay dead? (Spoilers!)

#1 Posted by TheReaper111 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the latest issues of secret avengers taskmaster died. Do you think he's out of the series or is this part of the book's conspiracy theme it has?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34251 posts) - - Show Bio

If your going to spoil something don't do it in the title, jeez

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12225 posts) - - Show Bio

If your going to spoil something don't do it in the title, jeez

An oxymoron at it's finest.

#4 Posted by themimegogo (52 posts) - - Show Bio

some weeks ago, I tweeded Ales Kot (The writer) about it and he just replied with a ----> :D (whatever that means)

The fanboy in me is hoping he'll come back since there's a minor hint in the story about mind control / resurrection ala Universal Soldier. Friends in the Toy industry also gave their opinion that most B-C grade characters who have their own figures / game appearances never truly stay dead for long. But that's just me hoping.

For as long as Tasky's status remains unchanged, I'll keep my distance from comics. >_<

#5 Edited by taskforce (29 posts) - - Show Bio

man i really wish its some conspiracy, heck i'll be happy if they introduce him in the villain side

#6 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs to come back

#7 Edited by themimegogo (52 posts) - - Show Bio

He's alive.

I'm reading through Deadpool #27 from Marvel Now - Taskmaster was alive and well and drunk at the wedding party. This Takes place in the Marvel 616 cannon (i guess) months after the events of AIM island. I don't know why or how but I'm just glad he's back on his feet - oh and he rode off in a Harely like a boss.

Also, Elektra Marvel now #1 (this April) he was mentioned in a Flashback involving her current story arc - and it was implied that his involvement in the prelude to the story was recent.

Avenger World # 9 - haven't seen this yet - but from what i understand, there might be an alternate future version of him there in an AIM run world (i think). I'm not crazy about following alternate or "possible" timeline versions of him - but he seems to have been roboticized in a way. and i am curious to see where it goes.

He's getting some pretty good exposure on TV as well - being a somewhat important player in Season 3 of Ultimate Spiderman. For all intents and purposes - we can safely say he's alive and well in the main Marvel universe. :)

#8 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#9 Posted by BeaconofStrength (6348 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll come back. I'm pretty sure Nick Spencer has plans for him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.