Follow

Taskmaster

Character » Taskmaster appears in 731 issues.

Taskmaster possesses the ability to absorb knowledge and instantly replicate the combat skills of anyone he observes. He has used these skills as a teacher to many super villains, henchmen, and even some heroes. In order to clean his record, he started working for the U.S. government as a combat instructor. Due to a set of events, he was ultimately put in as sheriff of the criminal island known as Bagalia. He currently serves as Madame Hydra's personal bodyguard.

Any Recommendations?

CitizenBurner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lately I've been wanting to track down more comics containing Taskmaster. I've already acquired his most recent mini-series and am about to order his UDON mini series and was thinking about Battle Scars. Does anyone have any other recommendations as to what else to buy? Also heard about New Secret Avengers and plan to track those issues down some time soon.

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JoeEddie

I am also wondering this.

TheReaper111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers initiative is a great place to get some taskmaster action, he was a major player during dark reign :D also hes appeared in quite a few deadpool comics, also try to hunt down the agent x comics from udon, hes in those too.

themimegogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themimegogo

I've only started collecting Taskmaster comic appearances recently, so I can only recommend stuff that I know of (or have):

1 - Taskmaster 1 - 4 (Udon 2002) - without a doubt, the best mini he has and it's all about him and Udon's awesome alternate look

2 - Gail Simone's Deadpool run (Classics 67 - 69) and Agent X. I read somewhere that the next Deadpool Classic TBP - will have all these together - I'm waiting for that to come out so I can get them all in one go.

3 - Siren Infinity + Siren 1 - 3 (Malibu Comics 1995) Even as a just supporting character, his short appearances in the mini are all relevant and show a lot of him in the role of a "teacher"

4 - Taskmaster: Unthinkable (2011) - not a fan of the art, especially not happy with the story. In fact, I recommend you take it after reading the first 3 recommendations just so you have a good comparison perspective because this mini has inconsistencies and conflicts with his established lore. But my gripes aside, it still IS an important part of Taskmaster's bio, and a good thing to read moving forward.

5 - His appearances in Avengers: The Initiative (As suggested by TheReaper111). I agree with this 100% because again he's put in the spot of the mentor, but with a cruel villainy twist. He's got plenty of awesome moments in it leading up to Siege.

Keep in mind that with the exception of a few, Taskmaster (being a villain) is usually placed in a supporting or antagonistic role. Meaning most of the time, the focus is not on him. But he's usually a badass in most of the things he appears in.

Here's my collection, hope you find it useful.

https://www.facebook.com/photoreflex/media_set?set=a.679074875439381.1073741826.100000106241303&type=3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.