Vol 1:Scourge of the Owls Discussion/Spoilers

#1 Posted by Jake Fury (18319 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished this and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Calvin's background, his supporting cast and the twist at the end really made for a fun book. I also like the fact that Calvin isn't some uber fearless hero, he has his own fears and doubts.

#2 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

It was quite the twist when he was killed in the end. Anyway I'm really bummed that the series is ending with issue #17 I was really hoping to see more of Calvin Rose. Hopefully DC will incorporate him more in Batman Eternal or any other Batman issue.

#3 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

@gustavoburciaga1: they seem to be folding him and Casey's crew into Batman Inc. there's no telling what that means for the character other being pushed into the background.

#4 Posted by GustavoBurciaga1 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@wavemotioncannon: Yeah I read the latest issue as well and it does seem that way but it leaves you wondering what's going to happen now since Batman Inc. ended not too long ago and they still left us with the mystery from the Court of Owls one-shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.