When it all comes down to it, she wants his d*ck. =P

#5 Posted by daredevil21134 (9084 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet

#6 Posted by War Killer (19482 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@War Killer said:

Why does she want to go to war with Bruce though? O_o

I'm just trying to figure out how this ties into the current Bat-Universe in the new DCU, I feel like Grant Morrison had all of this stuff planned to end out his Batman run but because of Flashpoint he was unable to finish it and now he;s trying to do that but it feels out of place...maybe this all takes place out-of-continuity now? O_O

#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24099 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Ex girl friends make for good mortal enemies

#8 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Grant Morrison, you have further lost my respect. What do you have against Talia al Ghul? She's not an enemy of Bruce's. She loves him, she has denied her heritage for him and has pretty much given everything for him. It is ridiculous, you yourself wrote Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul where Talia turned on Ra's to help save Bruce's life. 

I just don't understand this.  

Furthermore, Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm specifically talking about the eyes).

/end rant

#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@War Killer said:

I'm just trying to figure out how this ties into the current Bat-Universe in the new DCU, I feel like Grant Morrison had all of this stuff planned to end out his Batman run but because of Flashpoint he was unable to finish it and now he;s trying to do that but it feels out of place...maybe this all takes place out-of-continuity now? O_O

It takes place in the old DCU, but not. Just enjoy the story. It's already Grant Morrison. If you add in continuity issues, you'll kill yourself thinking about it.

#10 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely forgot this was coming out this week. I guess I'll have to wait a bit to pick it up.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Grant Morrison, you have further lost my respect. What do you have against Talia al Ghul? She's not an enemy of Bruce's. She loves him, she has denied her heritage for him and has pretty much given everything for him. It is ridiculous, you yourself wrote Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul where Talia turned on Ra's to help save Bruce's life.

Furthermore, Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm specifically talking about the eyes). /end rant

She's Chinese partly through her mother,add Sensei to that as well.

#12 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

I love you, Grant Morrison. You and I know what Talia's really like.

#13 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

You're breaking my heart, man. </3
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:

Furthermore, Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm specifically talking about the eyes). /end rant
I wouldn't worry. This will come back to Talia loving Bruce somehow. 
#15 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

@CitizenBane said:

LOL

What about the guy standing behind her? I initially thought it was an adult Damian(artificially aged) but I would'nt be surprised if it turns out to be Bane,especially since Morrison thinks his ID deserves to be kept hidden longer than Leviathans.

#16 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

a spoiler tag would have been awesome....thanks

#17 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: I don't think it'll be an adult Damien (that's twisted even for Talia). It might be some kind of metahuman bodyguard at best. I don't see Bane working for Talia after what happened in Bane of the Demon, but let's see.

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Sorry for that,but I WANTED to show everyone.

#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@entropy_aegis: I don't think it'll be an adult Damien (that's twisted even for Talia). It might be some kind of metahuman bodyguard at best. I don't see Bane working for Talia after what happened in Bane of the Demon, but let's see.

At this point I would'nt put anything past her.

This guy was referred to as "fatherless",this can apply to both a Damian clone and Bane,he pretty big too.And then there's Wingman who MIGHT turn out to be JPV.

Like I said Morrison thinks Heretic's and Wingman's ID is a bigger secret than that of Leviathan.

The one thing that goes against the Damian clone is that it's too obvious where as for Bane it's Bane of The Demon like you already mentioned.

#20 Edited by CoolnTwisted2k20 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

Furthermore, Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm specifically talking about the eyes). /end rant

What so you think Talia should be drawn as she was in issue 12 in Batman & Robin? Dude get over it. Talia is somewhat of asian descent and her asian features were more dominant than Arabic(which were shown via jewlery. On another note Talia is still feeling the effect of Nyssa's manipulations prior to OYL IIRC.

#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@CoolnTwisted2k20 said:

@RainEffect said:

What so you think Talia should be drawn as she was in issue 12 in Batman & Robin? Dude get over it. Talia is somewhat of asian descent and her asian features were more dominant than Arabic(which were shown via jewlery.

She was ugly in Batman and Robin.

#22 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@War Killer said:

it doesn't....first page says that it takes place before Flashpoint and the New 52

@entropy_aegis said:

@danhimself said:

Sorry for that,but I WANTED to show everyone.

I forgive you...I just read it and still don't really understand that much of it....I guess I'm gonna have to go back and reread Morrison's run.....again

@War Killer said:

the way it sounded in the book is that she's still pissed at him for taking Damian

#23 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just glad to see that Steph still exists in the new 52. This was awesome:

She looked a bit too young though. She was attending college in 2009, but she looks about 15-16 here for some reason.

#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall,this book reminded me how MUCH better the DCU was compared to the DCNU.Morrison did'nt even bother to acknowledge the DCNU here and the first chapter featuring Steph is how you do a Batgirl book.

#25 Posted by danhimself (21901 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: this isn't in the New 52

#26 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@CitizenBane: this isn't in the New 52

GODDAMIT

Also, a bounty of half a billion on Damian's head? Worst. mother. ever.

#27 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

500 million dollars. That's how much she'll pay anyone who kills her own son.

#28 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CoolnTwisted2k20 said:

@RainEffect said:

Grant Morrison, you have further lost my respect. What do you have against Talia al Ghul? She's not an enemy of Bruce's. She loves him, she has denied her heritage for him and has pretty much given everything for him. It is ridiculous, you yourself wrote Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul where Talia turned on Ra's to help save Bruce's l ife.

Furthermore , Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm spec ifically talking about the eyes). /end rant

What so you think Talia should be drawn as she was in issue 12 in Batman & Robin? Dude get over it. Talia is somewhat of asian descent and her asian features were more dominant than Arabic(which were shown via jewlery. On another note Talia is still feeling the effect of Nyssa's manipulations prior to OYL IIRC.

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how long you've been registered on this site.

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

@CitizenBane said:

LOL

What about the guy standing behind her? I initially thought it was an adult Damian(artificially aged) but I would'nt be surprised if it turns out to be Bane,especially since Morrison thinks his ID deserves to be kept hidden longer than Leviathans.

It CAN'T be Bane. Talia slapped him for making a move on her, and Ra's LOL'ed at him for failing to be a heir.
#29 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Overall,this book reminded me how MUCH better the DCU was compared to the DCNU.Morrison did'nt even bother to acknowledge the DCNU here and the first chapter featuring Steph is how you do a Batgirl book.

It was better than JLA #4 at any rate. Darkseid looked like he was having an orgasm when he attacked the League.

#30 Posted by thechessclub (495 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I'm with you on that=/

#31 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@entropy_aegis said:

It was better than JLA #4 at any rate. Darkseid looked like he was having an orgasm when he attacked the League.

Anything from DC is better than Justsh*t League #4. 
#32 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@CoolnTwisted2k20 said:

@RainEffect said:

Grant Morrison, you have further lost my respect. What do you have against Talia al Ghul? She's not an enemy of Bruce's. She loves him, she has denied her heritage for him and has pretty much given everything for him. It is ridiculous, you yourself wrote Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul where Talia turned on Ra's to help save Bruce's l ife.

Furthermore, Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm spec ifically talking about the eyes). /end rant

What so you think Talia should be drawn as she was in issue 12 in Batman & Robin? Dude get over it. Talia is somewhat of asian descent and her asian features were more dominant than Arabic(which were shown via jewlery.

She was ugly in Batman and Robin.

Her most accurate, and attractive, artistic depiction is No Man's Land.

#33 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

She's got some ugly-ass feet.

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Yeah,that was ridiculous.

@RainEffect:

Then Bane LOL'd at Ra's by blowing up his precious pits LOL.

#35 Edited by cosmo111687 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy in the Batman helmet is probably Talia too.

#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: I should crucify you.
#37 Posted by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

The guy in the Batman helmet is probably Talia too.

HAHAHA@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis: I should crucify you.

Why?

#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Spoiler. I saw you posting in this thread due to my activity feed and thought it'd be one of the usual Talia/Catwoman stuff, lol.
#39 Edited by entropy_aegis (13588 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@entropy_aegis: Spoiler. I saw you posting in this thread due to my activity feed and thought it'd be one of the usual Talia/Catwoman stuff, lol.

LOL,I am teh above petty love squabbles.Talia has a Taskmaster suit.

#40 Edited by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

I'm actually gonna go with those two picks. There's either the clone of Damien from the B&R or Bane. How awesome would it be if it was Bane. It's obvious though that it's Bat related though, especially with bat ears he has.

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

Yeah... :(. Oh well.

#42 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roldan said:

@CitizenBane said:

I'm actually gonna go with those two picks. There's either the clone of Damien from the B&R or Bane. How awesome would it be if it was Bane. It's obvious though that it's Bat related though, especially with bat ears he has.

If it has to be one of the two, it's more likely to be the aged Damian clone. I recall him telling Damian "You will know me" or something of the sort.

#43 Posted by Roldan (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Roldan said:

@CitizenBane said:

If it has to be one of the two, it's more likely to be the aged Damian clone. I recall him telling Damian "You will know me" or something of the sort.

That was my choice when i read Batman: The Return. But i don't know, he kinda looks big. Bigger then Batman at least.

#44 Posted by CoolnTwisted2k20 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@CoolnTwisted2k20 said:

@RainEffect said:

Furthermore , Talia al Ghul is NOT Japanese. Whoever drew her needs to be slapped in the face with a wet fish. She's of Asian descent, yes, but she is not Japanese. She has Arabian features, such as slightly darker skin and deep brown hair, not Japanese/Chinese features (I'm spec ifically talking about the eyes). /end rant

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how long you've been registered on this site.

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

@RainEffect said:

@CitizenBane said:

LOL

It CAN'T be Bane. Talia slapped him for making a move on her, and Ra's LOL'ed at him for failing to be a heir.

Are sh@#%ing me? My tenure measures my knowledge on a DC character? GTFO. -_-

#45 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CoolnTwisted2k20: Not at all. It is an indication that you have no idea who I am and you would know not to get into a Talia al Ghul debate with me or somehow act like you know more about the character than me.
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio

So effin tired of her...

#47 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
So effin tired of her...
VANCE! 

Anakin ... you're breaking my heart!
#48 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27313 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Talia...

#49 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
I hate Talia...
This is what I was thinking. I really which they would off her at this point.
#50 Posted by Mercy_ (92079 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro
@spiderbat87 said:
I hate Talia...
This is what I was thinking. I really which they would off her at this point.
What's the basis of the hate?
Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.