Follow

Talia al Ghul

Character » Talia al Ghul appears in 886 issues.

Talia the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and the heir to his worldwide criminal empire. Talia has been both lover and mortal enemy to Batman, and is the mother of Damian Wayne otherwise known as Robin.

TDKR Talia Casting Choice

BatCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BatCow

I really did not like the fact that Marion Cotillard was cast as Talia. She did not portray Talia as the physical adept, criminal mastermind with the undying, but also torn love for both her father and Batman, like she is in the comics.

Even though many would disagree, saying that she would just be eyecandy for the movie, I think that Angelina Jolie would have been the best choice to play Talia. She has played many characters that reminiscent of Talia such as her roles in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Mr. & Mrs. Smith,and Wanted.

No Caption Provided

She even looks a lot like her physically, including the strong, angular jaw; piercing, slightly slanted eyes; edged, gaunt cheeks; and slim and tall, but also muscular body type.

Perhaps if a reboot of the Batman movie series were to happen within the next 5 years (which I highly doubt), Angelina should play Talia.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@BatCow said:

I really did not like the fact that Marion Cotillard was cast as Talia. She did not portray Talia as the physical adept, criminal mastermind with the undying, but also torn love for both her father and Batman, like she is in the comics.

Even though many would disagree, saying that she would just be eyecandy for the movie, I think that Angelina Jolie would have been the best choice to play Talia. She has played many characters that reminiscent of Talia such as her roles in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Mr. & Mrs. Smith,and Wanted.

No Caption Provided

She even looks a lot like her physically, including the strong, angular jaw; piercing, slightly slanted eyes; edged, gaunt cheeks; and slim and tall, but also muscular body type.

Perhaps if a reboot of the Batman movie series were to happen within the next 5 years (which I highly doubt), Angelina should play Talia.

Not a lot of people in that trilogy actually LOOKED like the characters they were based on..............and I would've suspected Angelina to be evil anyway

YMCMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By YMCMB

I think Marion was chosen because she's part of Nolan's entourage of actors, but she does look like Talia. And her character wasn't exactly on-point with her comic counterpart, but that wasn't really her fault. It was the fault of the screenwriters.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Marion Cotillard was perfect in the role that was written for her to portray.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Mercy_ said:

Exactly, she was very unexpected

I'd be suspicious of Angelina..........Her witch looks maker her look villainous

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Mercy_ said:

Vermoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vermoot

She would have been great if she actually were a good actress. Which, she is not. (Believe me, I'm french and I've seen her in a lot of movies. She doesn't even overdubs herself well.

Damn...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.