My Thoughts on Arkham City's Talia al Ghul (Possible Spoilers)

#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
For those of you who haven't played Arkham City yet or got up to Talia al Ghul, I suggest you stop reading! 

So, where I live, Arkham City got street broken and I got it two days earlier than you lot, hah! Anyways, I just beat the portion of the game where you are introduced to Talia al Ghul, and I was going to go over (as the massive fan of Talia that I am) what I liked and didn't like. 

Pros:
  • Great voice-over
  • Suitable outfit (not ridiculous or overly sexual)
  • Brillianty dialogue (Very refined and reflective of her upbringing)
  • Commanding and independent attitude
  • Great relationship with Batman (Batman yells at every one else, but speaks gently to Talia)
  • SHE SAID BELOVED!
  • Oracle gets annoyed at Bruce for wanting to find her
Cons:
  • Blonde hair (She's of Arab and Chinese descent, she should've have blonde hair)
  • No action (Of both the sexual and physical kind, hah!)
  • Short screen time
Now, bear in mind, I'm only like ... er, not even a quarter through the game, so she could make a second appearance (as she did leave rather abruptly). I would love that, especially if there is a Catwoman/Bruce/Talia scene, now THAT would tickle my fanboy muscle.
#2 Edited by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Her hair's not really blonde, it's moreso a light brown. However, I agree with all your pros. =)

#3 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

my only problem was

her death really didn't seem to affect Batman at all and I think maybe it should have been substituted for Joker doing something even worse and more deserving of his final act...plus Batman carried the Joker's body out of the theater but just left Talia's lying there??? Real classy Bruce.

#6 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

also how stupid is this Batman that he didn't realize who Strange's "Master" was immediately after Strange said "Master"...."World's Greatest Detective" my a$$

#7 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: I absolutely agree.
#8 Edited by Mercy_ (92767 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@0xymoron said:
Her hair's not really blonde, it's moreso a light brown. However, I agree with all your pros. =)
Yeah, it looks blonde when she first appears, but I noticed it does sort of more resemble a light brown.

@super_psycho said:

I f#@king love Talia.!! She is awesome

Ah, dude! I literally yelled out "No!!" when the Joker shot her!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Curse my inability to pass up spoiler tags >_<

#9 Posted by danhimself (22586 posts) - - Show Bio

also.also....I would have gone bad for her....Ra's would have been like "All you have to do is..." STAB!!!

#10 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@0xymoron said:
Yeah, it looks blonde when she first appears, but I noticed it does sort of more resemble a light brown.

@super_psycho said:

Joker should have killed catwoman instead of talia :)

#11 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@RainEffect said:

@0xymoron said:

@super_psycho said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Curse my inability to pass up spoiler tags >_<

You're the best, DH. Haha!
#12 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@super_psycho: Dude! You might want to spoiler tag that xD
#13 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: mere spoiler tag can't hide my hatred for catwoman

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15341 posts) - - Show Bio

I have come to the conclusion that the only reason why Joker has been included in these games is simply because he's the Joker.His plan in AA did'nt feel anything like Joker to me,it's something what Hugo would have done and Arkham City should have ended with Ra's.@danhimself said:

my only problem was

her death really didn't seem to affect Batman at all and I think maybe it should have been substituted for Joker doing something even worse and more deserving of his final act...plus Batman carried the Joker's body out of the theater but just left Talia's lying there??? Real classy Bruce.

LOL,this was classic.

#15 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@super_psycho said:

@RainEffect: mere spoiler tag can't hide my hatred for catwoman

You, sir, just earned +20 Respect points.
#16 Posted by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho: I'm just boiling inside because of your comment about Catwoman. However I was deeply saddened from what happened to Talia. ;(

#17 Edited by TheCannon (18918 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

my only problem was

Talia's body went missing during the final battle.

#18 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

Necroing this thread, eh? But I suppose it's a good thread. My problem is that Talia should have a British English accent. She learned from the best, and her actions should reflect that. Ra's would have gotten the best English teachers from Britain itself.

#19 Posted by chipsnopotatoes (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho said:

@RainEffect said:

@0xymoron said:

@super_psycho said:

Joker should have killed catwoman instead of talia :)

In which case, you would have seen Bats carrying her out instead of the Joker.

BTW, is the Joker playable at all in this game? Sounds like it would be fun to be him.

#20 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@chipsnopotatoes: nope... only batman and catwoman are playable in the main campaign also robin if u have the dlc harley quinn's revenge... nightwing is also playable in riddler's challenge maps...but again u need a dlc

#21 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i do prefer bruce with selina i do like him and talia to its hard cause bruce to me clicks with both selina and talia its hard for me to choose between them as his lover.

#22 Posted by corygilbert01 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

To you geniuses who think that Batman shunned Talia by not carrying her out:

Did you not notice the lack of a body whilst fighting Clayface? He was too far forward when he struck the ground, so he couldn't have absorbed her, so, that leaves two possibilities: Either an oversight by the developers, or, her Guard carried her out unseen. They're assassins, they can do it.

Plus, in the comics, Talia has been in one of the Pits.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.