Follow

Talia al Ghul

Character » Talia al Ghul appears in 886 issues.

Talia the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and the heir to his worldwide criminal empire. Talia has been both lover and mortal enemy to Batman, and is the mother of Damian Wayne otherwise known as Robin.

Is she a solid B-lister now? (SPOILERS)

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sethysquare
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam
    KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnightRise

@AweSam said:

I don't think

boosted her popularity. She was the most annoying character there. Now she has a bad image.

Exactly, no development to make her likeable. Maybe if Nolan played up her affection toward Bruce and made the betrayal more difficult she would've had more appeal in TDKR

...Actually that would've been a terrible idea forTDKR

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think

boosted her popularity. She was the most annoying character there. Now she has a bad image.

Exactly, no development to make her likeable. Maybe if Nolan played up her affection toward Bruce and made the betrayal more difficult she would've had more appeal in TDKR

Maybe if they chose an actress that can fight, then she would've had a more useful role instead of doing nothing except stabbing Batman. I was hoping for a Catwoman vs Talia fight scene.
    Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@AweSam said:

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think

Maybe if they chose an actress that can fight, then she would've had a more useful role instead of doing nothing except stabbing Batman. I was hoping for a Catwoman vs Talia fight scene.

I was hoping for that too!

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KnightRise

@AweSam said:

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think

Its ironic Batman & Robin butchered Bane, who was redeemed by TDKR, which then gave us a watered-down version of Talia
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sethysquare

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think

Its ironic Batman & Robin butchered Bane, who was redeemed by TDKR, which then gave us a watered-down version of Talia
    I think this made her a solid B-list enemy of Batman. She can now sit beside Bane side by side.
    Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Madame_Mist

I think so. I prefer her to have long absences so that her actual appearances would be satisfying enough to understand that she is important and still a threat.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

@KnightRise said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think

She was very much like her current self and Talia rarely fights anyway.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By X35

And on the other hand, it's not like Batman Inc. is ever going to do anything worthwhile with the character except destroy her.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By SupBatz

I liked Talia in TDKR, but that's just me. I thought she was very interesting and her final scenes were excellently performed (except for her death). She was relatively true to character except for her romance with Bruce.

Batman Inc. on the other hand...

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RainEffect

@X35 said:

And on the other hand, it's not like Batman Inc. is ever going to do anything worthwhile with the character except destroy her.

Let me love you. <3

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By battyfan1

@X35 said:

lols.....morrison is actually reviving her with batman inc. When has talia actually been interesting or relevant? never. She is best when she is her true self, evil manipulative woman.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By X35

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

lols.....morrison is actually reviving her with batman inc. When has talia actually been interesting or relevant? never. She is best when she is her true self, evil manipulative woman.

Bahahaha.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RainEffect
    @X35 said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

Bahahaha. @RainEffect

Why thank you, X35, for bringing this bollocks to my attention. It's amusing because I was playing Batman: Arkham City and doing the Riddler Challenges, and when I read this, Batman's voice was like "You're mine... ALL of you." xD

But, alas, I won't try and open the minds of those unwilling to be opened.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I already considered her a solid B-Lister. And although I loved her in DKR, I think Nolan missed an opportunity to elevate her overall popularity. To much Alfred and Catwoman and not enough Talia for my taste. But overall I'd say she's been a B-Lister now for awhile.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RainEffect
    @Gambler: Agreed - she was revealed far too late in the movie. She was revealed and then she died, what, ten minutes later? It wasn't even very meaningful. Like, I adored how Nolan did the twist, with the whole child in the pit arc. But what I would have liked was more emotional impact on Bruce. I would've preferred a scene where Bruce tries to explain why he had to stand against her father, and try and negotiate her out of it - with the last resort being stopping her forcefully.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambler said:

I already considered her a solid B-Lister. And although I loved her in DKR, I think Nolan missed an opportunity to elevate her overall popularity. To much Alfred and Catwoman and not enough Talia for my taste. But overall I'd say she's been a B-Lister now for awhile.

Alfred? that guy got the least amount of sceen time.Catwoman was'nt in it that much either,Bane and Batman were the most prominent.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@entropy_aegis: Not how I saw it. Especially in the beginning Alfred was all up in there. Batman? He had the least amount of time out of everyone minus Talia in my opinion. They dropped the ball there but maybe thats cause I dont give a damn about Catwoman and love Talia.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis: Not how I saw it. Especially in the beginning Alfred was all up in there. Batman? He had the least amount of time out of everyone minus Talia in my opinion. They dropped the ball there but maybe thats cause I dont give a damn about Catwoman and love Talia.

Yeah but Alfie disappeared and pretty much never came back,I should have said Bruce not Batman.I honestly think Talia existed for fan service,you could just remove her and it makes no difference.But I did enjoy the reveal for what it's worth.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@entropy_aegis: I think the reveal is probably why her screen time was so limited. I already knew she was Talia but the average movie goer may not have and if she had substantially more screen time I think the audience would have suspected something downgrading the reveal. I would have liked to see some fight scenes with her and her death was one of the weakest I've ever seen. It was laughable.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis: I think the reveal is probably why her screen time was so limited. I already knew she was Talia but the average movie goer may not have and if she had substantially more screen time I think the audience would have suspected something downgrading the reveal. I would have liked to see some fight scenes with her and her death was one of the weakest I've ever seen. It was laughable.

Man atleast it was better than Bane's.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@entropy_aegis: lol I thought Bane was badass :P

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Aiden Cross

Talia vs Catwoman... It totally should've happened.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis: lol I thought Bane was badass :P

I thought so too.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sethysquare

@entropy_aegis: I think it makes a difference. Because Bane had no motivation to kill Bruce, if not for Talia.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By entropy_aegis

@sethysquare said:

@entropy_aegis: I think it makes a difference. Because Bane had no motivation to kill Bruce, if not for Talia.

He wanted to become the new leader of the LOS and to prove his worthiness.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@entropy_aegis said:

@sethysquare said:

Prove it to who though? Ras? He's dead and never would have approved of him anyway.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sethysquare

@Gambler said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@sethysquare said:

Prove it to who though? Ras? He's dead and never would have approved of him anyway.

Yeah, exactly.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sethysquare

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

I agree with this. Although I think Talia is more than just a one dimensional character, I think that some people got too caught up with batman/talia otp. Which they seem to forget that at the end of the day, talia is still a villain.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SupBatz

@sethysquare said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

I agree with this. Although I think Talia is more than just a one dimensional character, I think that some people got too caught up with batman/talia otp. Which they seem to forget that at the end of the day, talia is still a villain.

I think a balance needs to be reached. Talia isn't an evil, manipulative woman at heart. She's like her father - she wants to save the world.

Only she's not sure how to do so. She's conflicted between the belief that it can only be saved through purging and rebirth (Ra's) or through justice (Batman). At the end of the day, despite her love for Batman, she tends to favor her father's belief which is why, yes, she is a villain. But at the same time she is not evil or manipulative.

At least, that's how I always saw her.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sethysquare

@SupBatz said:

@sethysquare said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

I think a balance needs to be reached. Talia isn't an evil, manipulative woman at heart. She's like her father - she wants to save the world.

Only she's not sure how to do so. She's conflicted between the belief that it can only be saved through purging and rebirth (Ra's) or through justice (Batman). At the end of the day, despite her love for Batman, she tends to favor her father's belief which is why, yes, she is a villain. But at the same time she is not evil or manipulative.

I do agree. But on the other hand, I have seen threads here where people got really upset that she drugged bruce because of how they idealised Talia to be. I think that just seems weird to me.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RainEffect
    @SupBatz said:

@sethysquare said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

Finally - someone who sees her as I do. <3
    SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SupBatz

@sethysquaresaid:

@SupBatz said:

@sethysquare said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

I do agree. But on the other hand, I have seen threads here where people got really upset that she drugged bruce because of how they idealised Talia to be. I think that just seems weird to me.

Well, that does feel a bit out of character to me as well but I'm not really all that broken up over it. The problem wasn't entirely in the concept for me so much as in the execution. The way Talia's actions were explained to the audience just wasn't presented in a way that it makes sense for her as a character.

@RainEffectsaid:

@SupBatzsaid:

@sethysquare said:

@battyfan1 said:

@X35 said:

Finally - someone who sees her as I do. <3

Thanks and same to you ^^

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By battyfan1

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambler said:

Yeah but Alfie disappeared and pretty much never came back,I should have said Bruce not Batman.I honestly think Talia existed for fan service,you could just remove her and it makes no difference.But I did enjoy the reveal for what it's worth.

i totally agree with you here....Bane is a favourite character and i think the inclusion of Talia as fan service (although i don't know if she actually has that many fans lol).....took away from how much of a menace Bane can be. He could have been the driving force, mastermind/ everything behind his destruction of Gotham and Batman....

i love bane and i disliked Talia's involvement with him or even being part of the movie....what was her point?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SandMan_
    @Gambler: Bane's death is underwhelming.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By entropy_aegis

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambler said:

i totally agree with you here....Bane is a favourite character and i think the inclusion of Talia as fan service (although i don't know if she actually has that many fans lol).....took away from how much of a menace Bane can be. He could have been the driving force, mastermind/ everything behind his destruction of Gotham and Batman....

i love bane and i disliked Talia's involvement with him or even being part of the movie....what was her point?

Well I did like her interaction with Bane seeing that comic Bane is very much like that(with Scandal).Regardless I had already prepared myself for an anti climatic ending with Bane.

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By battyfan1

@entropy_aegis said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambler said:

Well I did like her interaction with Bane seeing that comic Bane is very much like that(with Scandal).Regardless I had already prepared myself for an anti climatic ending with Bane.

...yeah but for me Scandal is not that same as what happened in the movie.....and your right about how Bane went out.....I actually hated that. I was like WTF....

Bane was trying to blow Batmans brains out and then catwoman decided to do that to Bane....i was disappointed at Nolan
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@SandMan_ said:

@Gambler: Bane's death is underwhelming.

yup

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@Gambler said:

...yeah but for me Scandal is not that same as what happened in the movie.....and your right about how Bane went out.....I actually hated that. I was like WTF....

Bane was trying to blow Batmans brains out and then catwoman decided to do that to Bane....i was disappointed at Nolan

We did'nt get much but the brief glimpse at their relationship reminded me instantly of Bane/Scandal.

Well atleast it was the batpod gun and not a taser lol or a puny fall.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RainEffect
    @entropy_aegis said

We did'nt get much but the brief glimpse at their relationship reminded me instantly of Bane/Scandal.

Well atleast it was the batpod gun and not a taser lol or a puny fall.

LMAO. I was trying to figure out what you meant by the taser, then I remembered Begins and Scarecrow. Oh god that was hilarious how he rides off with a taser in his face.
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

I thought that she is already a solid B-lister.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.