I'm out.

• 102 results
#1 Edited by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

As a result of Grant Morrison's most recent escapade with Talia al Ghul in Batman Inc., I have decided that Talia has been in comic book limbo/dead since her appearance in Gotham City Sirens. I'm not going to explain what happened, to avoid spoiling it for other people, but allow me to say this - it has infuriated me to the point where I actually don't want to read anymore Batman comics. In fact, if Scott Snyder's current Batman wasn't so damn good, I probably wouldn't.

Seriously - I'm out.

Edit: Here is a gif to best capture the essence of my attitude.

#2 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

lol wow, what the hell happened? feel free to pm me privately, I'm genuinely curious

#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell me of your pain.

In spoiler tags.

Here.

Please.

#4 Posted by Owen_Porter (83228 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up the ish yesterday but have yet to read it....

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

I know what happened : )

#6 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I know what happened :)

what happened? D:

#7 Edited by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

ALL HAIL ROMAN SIONIS TALIA AL GHUL

#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

...what D:

#9 Edited by War Killer (19485 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...never liked Grant Morrison's writing on Batman that much anyways. Whatever they did to Talia, give it a while and some new writer (*cough!* Snyder *cough!*) will hopefully return her to being Bruce's true love.

But seriously, what happened to her that's made you feel this way?

#10 Posted by Owen_Porter (83228 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane: What happened to her? I thought that was Ras for some reason....
Moderator Online
#11 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: She's wearing a skull mask for some reason and leading Leviathan. Did you read Leviathan Strikes?

#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

What the....?

#13 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

How did I miss that!!!? Must be because I was distracted by Bat-Cow

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Don't worry man, Batman comics are overrated anyway...

#15 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Bat-Cow was pretty epic.

#16 Posted by Owen_Porter (83228 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Gambler: She's wearing a skull mask for some reason and leading Leviathan. Did you read Leviathan Strikes?

Nah I haven't read it yet. Mind spoiling it for me? If its just a mask I dont really see what the uproar is about....
Moderator Online
#17 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Eh...never liked Grant Morrison's writing on Batman that much anyways.

this

#18 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

@CitizenBane said:

Nah I haven't read it yet. Mind spoiling it for me? If its just a mask I dont really see what the uproar is about....

She's made herself Batman Incorporated's main enemy as revenge for Damian choosing Bruce over her, and she put a bounty of half a billion dollars on Damian's head. So she's an outright villain now as opposed to earlier when she had this weird beloved vibe going on with Batman.

#19 Posted by BatWatch (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@Gambler said:

@CitizenBane said:

She's made herself Batman Incorporated's main enemy as revenge for Damian choosing Bruce over her, and she put a bounty of half a billion dollars on Damian's head. So she's an outright villain now as opposed to earlier when she had this weird beloved vibe going on with Batman.

Yeah, that is pretty stupid. I can see a bounty on Damian to bring him in alive so she can brainwash him, but it that are talking about trying to kill him, that is just stupid and out of character for her.

Also, I'm with those that think a skull mask is out of character. Lame.

#20 Posted by Ravager4 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

and she wears a skull mask now because....?

Also... I think I'm actually more concerned about what the hell is in that wine glass... why is it white?

#21 Posted by Owen_Porter (83228 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane:
Good looking out. See, I'm feeling that. Its about time she started acting like a Ghul. We didnt need Talia and Bats being the DCU version of Rogue and Gambit anyway. The new direction sounds tight. Now all we need is an appearance by Sandra Woosan.
Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect: I don't blame you.
#23 Posted by Saren (24325 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights: Eh, I've always hated Talia anyway, so Morrison can run her into the ground for all I care.

@Ravager4: Beats me. Maybe the glass's contents came from this guy:

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Also... I think I'm actually more concerned about what the hell is in that wine glass... why is it white?

Semen.

(Like no one else was thinking it.)

#26 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ravager4 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Semen.

Not until you mentioned it.

#27 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush: In denial, I see.

#28 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Semen.

Don't worry about it, Ivy's special that way. I'd be unfortunate to know.

@Gambler said:

Good looking out. See, I'm feeling that. Its about time she started acting like a Ghul. We didnt need Talia and Bats being the DCU version of Rogue and Gambit anyway. The new direction sounds tight. Now all we need is an appearance by Sandra Woosan.

Ouch. All the Talia fans be crying.

I got a spare shoulder for you here bro. For crying that is. Baney occupying the other one too, he's laughing his ass off.

#29 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I got a spare shoulder for you here bro. For crying that is. Baney occupying the other one too, he's laughing his ass off.

Is there enough room for me to reach over and punch him? <3

But yeah, guys. I just... I don't even know anymore. Morrison is a great writer, I respect him as one (heck, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul wouldn't be on my top list if he wasn't), but this is just...

Its the final straw for me. I know he's on record for hating anyone related to the al Ghul family, but this is COMPLETELY out of character for Talia. She loves Damian. She's defied almost everyone to protect him - heck, she's even given Bats the finger in order to save his life (granted, she said it was to 'save the legacy of the man I once loved').

So, she's all like 'TROLOLOL GONNA PUT A PRICE ON THE TODDLER'S HEAD, OH LOOKIES, THIS MASK SHIZ LOOKS HOT - BRUCEY BELOVED BABE, CHECK ME OUT NOW'

Seriously, if I could swear here without suffering Morpheus_' wrath, I would.

#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@BlackArmor: Bat-Cow was pretty epic.

Tis an understatement

@RainEffect:

Bat-Cow justifies all wrongs done in this and any other book
#31 Posted by Owen_Porter (83228 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe its not Talia.....maybe its Ras in Talia's body?

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Superguy0009e (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets just trust Morrison, he may be crazy but DAMN can he write

#33 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

Maybe its not Talia.....maybe its Ras in Talia's body?

I actually hadn't given thought to this concept. I mean, it was done in that Batman Beyond episode - surely it can be done here, right?

I'll cling onto whatever hope you give me.

#34 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

@ReVamp said:

But yeah, guys. I just... I don't even know anymore. Morrison is a great writer, I respect him as one (heck, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul wouldn't be on my top list if he wasn't), but this is just...

Its the final straw for me. I know he's on record for hating anyone related to the al Ghul family, but this is COMPLETELY out of character for Talia. She loves Damian. She's defied almost everyone to protect him - heck, she's even given Bats the finger in order to save his life (granted, she said it was to 'save the legacy of the man I once loved').

So, she's all like 'TROLOLOL GONNA PUT A PRICE ON THE TODDLER'S HEAD, OH LOOKIES, THIS MASK SHIZ LOOKS HOT - BRUCEY BELOVED BABE, CHECK ME OUT NOW'

Didn't she start to hate him after he defied her and decided to stay as Robin?

#35 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
Morrison's run on Batman is the best comic run ever, THAT SAID, his run on Batman Inc. is more hard to classify. It's excellently written, of course, but whether or not you like the direction is purely a personal thing, and I respect either liking or disliking said direction.  

However, everything up to Inc was perfect and not liking that does mean you're an imbecile. 

#36 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Morrison's run on Batman is the best comic run ever, THAT SAID, his run on Batman Inc. is more hard to classify. It's excellently written, of course, but whether or not you like the direction is purely a personal thing, and I respect either liking or disliking said direction.

However, everything up to Inc was perfect and not liking that does mean you're an imbecile.

Mate, I LOVE Grant Morrison's work. As I had previously stated, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul is my favourite Batman story of all time. I just hate how he has gone from creating this picture-perfect image of Talia, a mother who cares so intensely for her son that she is willing to defy her legacy and inheritance for him, to some ridiculous 'evil crime lord lulz'.

I mean, seriously? I can supply numerous scans and references to her stating how she would basically sacrifice everything for Bruce and Damian.

#37 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Mate, I LOVE Grant Morrison's work. As I had previously stated, Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul is my favourite Batman story of all time. I just hate how he has gone from creating this picture-perfect image of Talia, a mother who cares so intensely for her son that she is willing to defy her legacy and inheritance for him, to some ridiculous 'evil crime lord lulz'.

I mean, seriously? I can supply numerous scans and references to her stating how she would basically sacrifice everything for Bruce and Damian.

I know, that's why I hold nothing against you for disliking Incorporated. It is a....weird direction, to be kind. 
#38 Posted by Dernman (13992 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh maybe Talia is possessed. Still there is so much more to dislike about Batman inc then just Talia.

#39 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Ravager4 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Semen.

It's milk. Gotta keep those bones nice and healthy!

#40 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't you think she's TOO out of character for it to be her? I mean, it could be Ras or something else which is manipulating the way she acts...

And I didn't like the bounty part either. About Bat-Cow... loved it XD

#41 Posted by cbnnexus (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect said:

As a result of Grant Morrison's most recent escapade with Talia al Ghul in Batman Inc., I have decided that Talia has been in comic book limbo/dead since her appearance in Gotham City Sirens. I'm not going to explain what happened, to avoid spoiling it for other people, but allow me to say this - it has infuriated me to the point where I actually don't want to read anymore Batman comics. In fact, if Scott Snyder's current Batman wasn't so damn good, I probably wouldn't.

Seriously - I'm out.

/ragequit

#42 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat-Cow?

#43 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect:

your suprised that one of the most evil and stupid charecters in comic is actually evil.

her charecter is so dumb she loves Batman but will not change her evil ways, hopefully she will die and we can be done with her family forever.

@PsychoKnights: no it not, she is evil. she know what right but still followes her father.

also morrison has done more for batman than any writer in a long time, he made one of the great batman stories (Whatever Happened to...) also he took that completly stupid idea of batman have a son and made it actually intresting, he managed to do something every hard he actually made someone else work as the batman

#44 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@KenTheProfile said:

@RainEffect:

your suprised that one of the most evil and stupid charecters in comic is actually evil.

her charecter is so dumb she loves Batman but will not change her evil ways, hopefully she will die and we can be done with her family forever.

@PsychoKnights: no it not, she is evil. she know what right but still followes her father.

also morrison has done more for batman than any writer in a long time, he made one of the great batman stories (Whatever Happened to...) also he took that completly stupid idea of batman have a son and made it actually intresting, he managed to do something every hard he actually made someone else work as the batman

Whatever it is you were trying to say was immediately canceled out by your inability to use proper English and grammar. I don't even need to rebuke your statement; you've undone yourself.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

Bat-Cow?

#46 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: ...Bat-Cow...?

#47 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

What Winick did to her was worse than what Morrison's doing.

#48 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

What Winick did to her was worse than what Morrison's doing.

See, I'm very mixed on the Lost Days. Throughout the story, Talia as training Jason, but she was purposely manipulating him so that he wouldn't take vengeance on Bruce. It's been a while since I read it, but I think it was issue 5 when Jason realised that Talia was purposely putting him in situations where his inner-good nature would shine through. She was doing it all out of love for Bruce, so that she could mend his pain of losing Jason.

But then issue 6 came around and suddenly she's all like "Batman took my father from me - I want vengeance" when Talia actually helped Batman 'take Ra's from her'. I don't know what happened to Winick, he must've mixed his rabbit medication with his alcohol that night, cause Talia would NEVER sleep with Jason.

#49 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Mercy_: ...Bat-Cow...?

Bat-cow is awesome.

#50 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29331 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@RainEffect said:

@ReVamp said:

Didn't she start to hate him after he defied her and decided to stay as Robin?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.