Honestly, did you saw it coming?

#1 Posted by Inverno (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone was not surprised that Marion Cotillard in Dark Knight Rises was Talia al Ghul? Even after she officially denied to play the character, it was clear it was her all along. Yet many people who saw it were surprised by the twist at the end. Did anyone who watched DKR was going guessing she was Talia?

#2 Posted by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I was slightly suspicious that something is not right, when her character was introduced, and then she turns out to be Bruce's GF.

But the ending twist still caught me off-guard. I was like "oh snap ! why didnt I think of it earlier, the clues were there all along, especially in her personality"...

#3 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I suspected it before I saw the movie and then for a while during the first half. After a while I just wasn't thinking about it because frankly there's so much going on in that movie.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly when she first appeared on screen I had completely forgotten she was even in the movie, but it hit me about half way through due to remembering the rumors that she could be Talia. I wasn't 100% for sure until it was revealed in the movie, but even then I had already suspected so I wasn't really shocked. I was more shocked at how bad her death was... -__-

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercy spoiled it for me. Despite me going OUT OF MY WAY to avoid spoilers for the DKR before I saw it.

"Mercy" my ***.

#6 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Did anyone was not surprised that Marion Cotillard in Dark Knight Rises was Talia al Ghul? Even after she officially denied to play the character, it was clear it was her all along. Yet many people who saw it were surprised by the twist at the end. Did anyone who watched DKR was going guessing she was Talia?

When I heard her fake name first, I thought "Hey, sounds like Talia" but it didn't occur to me that she would turn on Batman

#7 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Set pictures ruined it for me months in advance.

The twist was still there for people who hadn't read the comics, though.

So they got to enjoy it at least.

#8 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio

little late tot he party?

#9 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

I had forgot about the set photos giving her away as talia but the scar on her back during the fireplace love scene made me think Talia.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.