Follow

Talia al Ghul

Character » Talia al Ghul appears in 885 issues.

Talia the daughter of Ra's al Ghul and the heir to his worldwide criminal empire. Talia has been both lover and mortal enemy to Batman, and is the mother of Damian Wayne otherwise known as Robin.

Honestly, did you saw it coming?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Inverno

Did anyone was not surprised that Marion Cotillard in Dark Knight Rises was Talia al Ghul? Even after she officially denied to play the character, it was clear it was her all along. Yet many people who saw it were surprised by the twist at the end. Did anyone who watched DKR was going guessing she was Talia?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eeshaan1685

I was slightly suspicious that something is not right, when her character was introduced, and then she turns out to be Bruce's GF.

But the ending twist still caught me off-guard. I was like "oh snap ! why didnt I think of it earlier, the clues were there all along, especially in her personality"...

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crash_Recovery

I suspected it before I saw the movie and then for a while during the first half. After a while I just wasn't thinking about it because frankly there's so much going on in that movie.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Honestly when she first appeared on screen I had completely forgotten she was even in the movie, but it hit me about half way through due to remembering the rumors that she could be Talia. I wasn't 100% for sure until it was revealed in the movie, but even then I had already suspected so I wasn't really shocked. I was more shocked at how bad her death was... -__-

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Mercy spoiled it for me. Despite me going OUT OF MY WAY to avoid spoilers for the DKR before I saw it.

"Mercy" my ***.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By TeamUnitedNerds

@CaioTrubat said:

Did anyone was not surprised that Marion Cotillard in Dark Knight Rises was Talia al Ghul? Even after she officially denied to play the character, it was clear it was her all along. Yet many people who saw it were surprised by the twist at the end. Did anyone who watched DKR was going guessing she was Talia?

When I heard her fake name first, I thought "Hey, sounds like Talia" but it didn't occur to me that she would turn on Batman

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

Set pictures ruined it for me months in advance.

The twist was still there for people who hadn't read the comics, though.

So they got to enjoy it at least.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SUNMAN

little late tot he party?

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sunhawk

I had forgot about the set photos giving her away as talia but the scar on her back during the fireplace love scene made me think Talia.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.