Have We Seen The End of Talia al Ghul?

• 76 results
#51 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29330 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

YES DIE TALIA DIE

So much Rain-bait in this thread. So much.

#52 Posted by KRYPTON (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

It is so weird that Bruce's wife/ex-wife/mother of his only child is a super villain.

#53 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Like father, like daughter... They seem to always come back whenever..

#54 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

@katanalauncher said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@katanalauncher said:

Way to put a spoiler in the title Babs, not everyone is caught up with Batman.

She clearly says in the article before any spoiler-y details regarding Talia are given

If you have not yet read BATMAN INCORPORATED: LEVIATHAN STRIKES you may want to do so before you read any further.

Yes, because clearly I could have avoided a suggestive spoiler on the main page of the website

I didn't spoil anything with that title. I was teasing my theory. Doesn't mean it has happened.

That's why it's called suggestive spoiler Babs.

It's not just you, it's a trend I see a lot on this site.

It's especially painful for those of us who know the characters but isn't caught up with the story.

#55 Posted by HombreMan (101 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: Actually, Both Morrison and the Batman Beyond staff take the idea form H.P. Lovecraft's "The Thing On The Doorstep" where an evil alchemist swaps his old and decaying body with his daughter's.

#56 Posted by entropy_aegis (13604 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine said:

I personally think that anyone who admits to not liking a character in an interview should not be writing them. That'd be like if I was hired to write Superman, I'd intentionally DESTROY his character!

He claimed that he does'nt like Ra's because he felt the character is overused(he's correct),he's only written him in like 2 issues of an editorially mandated crossover and gave him the ability to transfer his soul via magic technique.

#57 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687 said:

I generally agree with you, Babs. I think that Talia probably is Ra's. All the clues point to it. Her change in behavior, the fact that she calls him Detective, how the name Leviathan could be a coded reference to The Demon Head.

Also, an additional point of interest that may or may not have any significance, is that if you remove Talia's name from Leviathan, letter by letter, you are left with four letters - "EVHN". I don't know what significance "EVHN" has, but it clearly has some since "four letters" is emphasized in Talia's speech bubble, hinting at something bigger (maybe an acronym for something?).

LEVIATHAN -> The four letters I want to remove are lowercase -> LevIAThAn -> Remove letters that aren't capitalized LIATA -> rearrange to get TALIA

#58 Posted by wxjunkie (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I for one am glad you spoiled it. I started reading Inc and hated it. Now I don't have to read Leviathan Strikes hoping for something good to come out of the Inc stories. Great concept but poorly executed.

#59 Posted by hulkmakedoodoo (15 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK LIKE TO SEE TALIA'S END!!! REAR END!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!

#60 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

YES DIE TALIA DIE

LOL

ahahahahaha.......she was and still is a BORING female character.........now that she is Leviathan she is interesting now....kinda.....

but people she is IN CHARACTER........there is nothing new about this talia and the one before......

p.s.

YAY morrison

#61 Edited by cosmo111687 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

@battyfan1 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@CitizenBane said:

YES DIE TALIA DIE

LOL

ahahahahaha.......she was and still is a BORING female character.........now that she is Leviathan she is interesting now....kinda.....

but people she is IN CHARACTER........there is nothing new about this talia and the one before......

p.s.

YAY morrison

Poor Raineffect, when he sees this...

Oh, I was just thinking that the remaining letters (the ones you remove after capitalizing the letters for her name) might have meaning behind them. They probably don't, but I thought I should put that out there in case if somebody else can make a connection to them. :)

#62 Posted by cosmo111687 (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

@wxjunkie said:

I for one am glad you spoiled it. I started reading Inc and hated it. Now I don't have to read Leviathan Strikes hoping for something good to come out of the Inc stories. Great concept but poorly executed.

*rolls eyes

#63 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame!

#64 Posted by daredevil21134 (9090 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

I know a RainEffect bait when I see one.

Rainy, get yo ass down here.

Seconded

#65 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's Pyg.

#66 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Grant Morrison. 8 )

#67 Posted by MotYrreb (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I've about had it with Morrison's poor writing and the art in this book is even worse...cartoony. Please, Morrison, Go find SOMETHING to do at Marvel.

#68 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@MotYrreb said:
I've about had it with Morrison's poor writing and the art in this book is even worse...cartoony. Please, Morrison, Go find SOMETHING to do at Marvel.
No.  

I really don't like this development, at all, but I trust Morrison  more than any other writer, because he's a genius, so I'm willing to reserve judgement until the series is over. There's got to be something amiss, because Morrison wouldn't just have Talia be evil; that's far too simple for him. Not to mention that she's just not a threat to the Bat-family, regardless of what colourful assassins are under her employ. 
#69 Posted by entropy_aegis (13604 posts) - - Show Bio

@MotYrreb said:

Then DC loses then only writer worth a damn right now.

#70 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

No, we have not.

#71 Posted by battyfan1 (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@MotYrreb said:
No. I really don't like this development, at all, but I trust Morrison more than any other writer, because he's a genius, so I'm willing to reserve judgement until the series is over. There's got to be something amiss, because Morrison wouldn't just have Talia be evil; that's far too simple for him. Not to mention that she's just not a threat to the Bat-family, regardless of what colourful assassins are under her employ.

HA!!!!!

the best thing morrison did for Talia is make her relevant and interesting ....which is hard to do...

Morrison is awesome and has the best story arcs. period.......DC is lucky to have him...

#72 Posted by Sammo21 (670 posts) - - Show Bio

In traditional Christianity (and the Old Testament/Torah) Leviathan isn't a demon but a large sea dwelling serpent or creature.

I like Grant Morrisson when he isn't working with established characters and franchises. We3, great. Joe the Barbarian, great. Batman...no thanks...not even a little bit.

#73 Posted by Queso6p4 (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this seemed really out of character for Talia as well but I look forward to seeing what happens.

#74 Posted by Mr_Wayne69 (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Either way it'll be good storytelling.

#75 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

No, she only rise... I'm sorry I had to do that!

#76 Posted by THEBlaqueBasterd (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs: lool..dude chill out, besides.. i thought her "deductive skills" were pretty stellar on this one :|

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.