Goodbye, my friend.

#1 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Shamelessly stealing that line from TDKR. But nevertheless, this is me bidding a farewell to the ranks of Talia al Ghul lovers. I've given up entirely on Talia al Ghul, and find that she's just too inconsistently written, to the point of idiocy. There are just so many better female Batman villains out there, heck, more interesting female villains for Batman that I find Talia al Ghul is just too inconsistently written and... too predictable.

Now, if only I could find to tell him I have seen the glorious light.

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o Are you sure you are ok? We can always call a doctor if you want to :P

#3 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

LMAO. You're the best. <3

#4 Posted by justice teen (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: i haven't read batman lately but as a talia fan what have they done to her to make you wanna give up on her.

#5 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel your pain. I love classic, non-psychotic/overly cliched Talia but I've grown tired of recent interpretations. Hopefully someday a writer will restore her to the way she's supposed to be. But until then I'm just avoiding her altogether.

#6 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

I feel your pain. I love classic, non-psychotic/overly cliched Talia but I've grown tired of recent interpretations. Hopefully someday a writer will restore her to the way she's supposed to be. But until then I'm just avoiding her altogether.

Which is?

#7 Posted by Onemoreposter (4049 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

145,000+ comments? Were you the first person to ever come to comic vine?

#8 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@ComicMan24 said:

This makes me laugh so hard.

He actually thinks CM posts like a normal person.

#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147091 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@ComicMan24 said:

This makes me laugh so hard.

He actually thinks CM posts like a normal person.

Hey! Just because my post count is a little bit higher than most people's, that doesn't mean that I don't post like a normal person :P

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Which is?

Basically, not maniacal. Torn between her love for Batman and belief in his morals and her love for her father. I like Talia as a character who may make wrong decisions (mostly in the name of her father) but who at the end of the day can tell right from wrong and knows that what Batman strives for is more rightious than what Ras does.

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Which is?

Basically, not maniacal. Torn between her love for Batman and belief in his morals and her love for her father. I like Talia as a character who may make wrong decisions (mostly in the name of her father) but who at the end of the day can tell right from wrong and knows that what Batman strives for is more rightious than what Ras does.

It was getting kinda lame and repetitive to see her that way,I do agree that she should not be as maniacal as she is right now but the whole beloved thing needs to stick to the 70's.

#12 Posted by SupBatz (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@SupBatz said:

Which is?

It was getting kinda lame and repetitive to see her that way,I do agree that she should not be as maniacal as she is right now but the whole beloved thing needs to stick to the 70's.

Fair enough. I agree that Talia was getting a bit repetitive over the years. And it was definitely time for a change. Though I would've preferred her perhaps renouncing both Batman and her father and developing her own views which were a sort of compromise between the views of the two men in her life. It would've established her as a distinct new villain as well as given her a fresh start. Current Talia, to me, seems to border on psychopathic and sociopathic which does not feel right to me.

#13 Posted by justice teen (464 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said I haven't read the recent stuff, but I always found Talia to be some what of a heroic villain. Like she will always help the batman family even though it does not seem like it, and the reason behind it is because she loves Bruce and it helps her in the long run. I think this because I feel she is to Bruce what Lois is to Clark in their own dark and much more interesting and sensible way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.