Confirmation That Talia Will Appear in The Dark Knight Rises

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Source

It's a well-known fact that Christopher Nolan is borderline obsessive with keeping every aspect of his films a secret until they're released. He often goes to great lengths to even keep his main actors in the dark about most details; however, in an ironic twist, the smallest actor in The Dark Knight Rises might have just dropped the biggest spoiler yet.

In an interview with My Entertainment World, 13-year-old Joey King let it slip who she will be playing in the last installment of Nolan's Batman trilogy, and the result should be very interesting for fans of the Caped Crusader.

"I play young Talia al Ghul. I can’t give too much away because I promised Mr. Nolan I wouldn’t say anything. There are too many secrets about the character and the movie," King told the site.

And in those three sentences, King unknowingly unleashed a huge detail for the film that Nolan can't be too happy about. It has been confirmed for months that Bane and Catwoman would be major players in the movie, but with a young Talia being included, it's very possible that a fully grown Talia will show up as well.

Talia al Ghul is best-known by comic book fans as the daughter of one of Batman's most dangerous enemies, Ra's al Ghul, who was played by Liam Neeson in 2005's Batman Begins. With Ra's being immortal in the comics, and Talia being fiercely loyal to him, it's possible that Neeson might just appear in The Dark Knight Rises after all. We'll just have to wait and see.

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be absolutely no doubt at this point that Marion Cotillard = Talia al Ghul.

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it!!

#4 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

There should be absolutely no doubt at this point that Marion Cotillard = Talia al Ghul.

Was there ever any?

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Was there ever any?

Apparently from some people?

The second they announced the cast I knew she was Talia.

I feel bad for Joey King, though. Nolan must be livid.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Was there ever any?

Apparently from some people?

The second they announced the cast I knew she was Talia.

I feel bad for Joey King, though. Nolan must be livid.

Anyone who paid attention should have figured it out.

That said, if you don't pay attention to the internet on this news, you're not gonna catch it till the movie (ie: the causal audience).

#7 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Kewl. I was just playing as Talia in LEGO Batman. I know that's a silly reason to be excited to hear this news, but, it's my reason and it makes me feel good so I'm going with it. (:

#8 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope she's Talia. Indeed it would make sense, ending the story by bringing it back to its roots. It was obvious the al Ghuls would be involved ever since India was mentioned. I can't see Bane actually being there for any real reason other than working with Ra's, and Rajasthan makes a great setting for the desert climate.

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty old news =P

Or I'm a precog. I think it's old news...

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool beans.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13129 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a ruse. They're trying to hide the fact that IM going to play Talia in the movie.

#12 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Not surprised.

#13 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor girl, now she's gonna get yelled at by mr. Nolan....

#14 Posted by entropy_aegis (15312 posts) - - Show Bio

Double trouble for Batman.

#15 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's going 2 play Talias al ghul?

#16 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

WHERE IS MY RED CARPET?!

But seriously, I have returned to find this news and, words cannot describe my joy. DH, what would I do without you? <3

Now all I need is some screenshots of Marion Cotillard backhanding Anne Hathaway, then I can die happily.

#17 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Talia?

#18 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

Who's Talia?

GTFO

#19 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect: Who is Talia?

#20 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan is tickling us hardest with this last one.

#21 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

Cannot....comprehend...the trolling.

@RoboShark said:

Nolan is tickling us hardest with this last one.

I swear, he is an evil, evil man for giving us a teaser trailer on exactly july 20th 2011, when the movie is released july 20th 2012. An evil, evil man that we cannot help but love.

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragdollpurps said:

LOL.

#23 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Talia Al Ghul and I hope she is in the film.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.