otoboke's Tales of Suspense #39 - Iron Man Is Born! review

Iron Man is Born!

Out with the old, in with the new. March 1963 saw the end of the premature Incredible Hulk series, and in turn envisioned a brand new character by the name ofIron Man. Of course by now in 2011, everyone and their grandmother know whoIron Man is, but as far as origin stories go, this one was a pretty solid beginning for Stark. There are some rough patches here and there (the usual Lieber and Lee shtick of the hero overcoming odds with cunning rather than pure brawn works at odds with a guy seemingly working inside an iron suit), most notably in Don Heck's somewhat ambiguous, murky art, but generally Iron Man's beginnings here are a good read and leave a lot of room for interesting characterisation that may build upon the "tragic" side of Stark's empowerment.

For full reviews complete with digitally recovered covers and art work, visit http://manicmarvel.tumblr.com/

Other reviews for Tales of Suspense #39 - Iron Man Is Born!

This aged well.. kinda. 0

Spoilers are a possibility.So, I put it upon myself to learn more about Iron Man. I decided to review every issue of Iron Man's solo adventures I started with Stark: Disassembled and now I go to the beginning and work my way up. So here is what happened Stark is amazing with transistors so amazing that he can use them to do anything. Like as a Magnet! Seriously what is Stan Lee's obsession with magnetism? Anyway he gets captured and then is forced to work for Wong - Chu, knowing he is about ...