Power question

#1 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

What what happen if he tried synching with Angel or Icarus (before)? Would he grow wings? not sure if it was ever addressed, I don't claim to be an expert on Synch. Thanks
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember the majority of Generation X (and I gave most of my issues away after the series finished).

However, during his first appearance in the Phalanx Covenent he was a very typically over-muscled character.  After the cross-over had finished, Monet offered to buy Synch some smaller sized clothes for when his physyque shrank back to normal... It turned out that he wasn't a naturally muscular guy, but had gained extra muscles from being around Sabretooth. 

As for something extreme as wings... I don't know.  That said, Mimic was able to grow wings.  I can only presume that Ev would have had a similar experience.

#3 Posted by Enderof295 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

In all likelihood, he would grow wings.  During Gen X 15-16 when he was "possessed" by Emplate, Synch gained mouths on his hands just like Emplate had.  The problem with growing the wings is that as soon as he got out of range of either Angel or Icarus, he would lose the power. 
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Late in Generation X he did manifest slugs by synching up with Maggott so I'd say he should grow wings. In the early days though it was his aura that mostly manifested the powers. By synching with Penance his he had a diamond hard aura.

#5 Posted by cattlebattle (12783 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
Late in Generation X he did manifest slugs by synching up with Maggott so I'd say he should grow wings. In the early days though it was his aura that mostly manifested the powers. By synching with Penance his he had a diamond hard aura.
This....it was dependent on the writer

I remember him synching Hemmingway and he just remained normal, but had Hemmingways strength, I also remember him synching Chamber in Cassidy Keep and his face was left normal but he had Jonos power output.....although a few issues later when being controlled by Emplate he could shed his skin when synching Husk
#6 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

*****BRING SYNCH BACK*****

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
@PrinceIMC said:
This....it was dependent on the writer  I remember him synching Hemmingway and he just remained normal, but had Hemmingways strength, I also remember him synching Chamber in Cassidy Keep and his face was left normal but he had Jonos power output.....although a few issues later when being controlled by Emplate he could shed his skin when synching Husk

Jono's face though isn't a manifestation of his power, it was him being unable to control his power that blew his face off. From the start it was said that Synch usually had greater control of the powers he copied. Even later Synch was able to fly using Jono's power when Jono tried to do it he'd just scorch the ground.

I think Synch's powers were the most inconsistent over the course of Generation X. At first he held on to Sabretooth's additional mass for days, by the end he'd lost powers immediately after leaving the area of the mutant he's copying. I guess with Hope, the mutant messiah, we're never gonna get Synch back though. Which makes me kinda sad.
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12783 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@cattlebattle said:
@PrinceIMC said:
This....it was dependent on the writer  I remember him synching Hemmingway and he just remained normal, but had Hemmingways strength, I also remember him synching Chamber in Cassidy Keep and his face was left normal but he had Jonos power output.....although a few issues later when being controlled by Emplate he could shed his skin when synching Husk
Jono's face though isn't a manifestation of his power, it was him being unable to control his power that blew his face off. From the start it was said that Synch usually had greater control of the powers he copied. Even later Synch was able to fly using Jono's power when Jono tried to do it he'd just scorch the ground.  I think Synch's powers were the most inconsistent over the course of Generation X. At first he held on to Sabretooth's additional mass for days, by the end he'd lost powers immediately after leaving the area of the mutant he's copying. I guess with Hope, the mutant messiah, we're never gonna get Synch back though. Which makes me kinda sad.
True....He also had strange effects on copying mutants sometimes,He also was responsible for splitting the M twins as a side effect of his synching, it was almost like he could read people with it at times in the Genx novel "ghosts" he saw the future of Jonos abilities and found him too one day be able to warp reality and basically be the most powerful mutant ever...although, that was book non canon, which was a shame because in that same book I recall Synch used his power accidentally without mutants around and could reconfigure and assemble objects to certain degrees, one day also making him extremely powerful.....would have been great if the Genx roster one day turned out to be a bunch of Omega Levels.

there was other times he would not take on the physical traits of who he was synching with, but I also recall him having stretchy body parts when he took on Skins powers, although...oddly, he did not get grey, saggy skin...so yeah, I would also chalk it up to wildly inconsistent

I dislike every aspect of Hope Summers and find it funny that they killed off or depowered a bunch of other potentially really powerful characters, Synch Prodigy etc...but Hope gets to stay

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.