Follow

Sylar

Character » Sylar appears in 10 issues.

A former watchmaker who discovered his superhuman abilities and became a serial killer obsessed with obtaining the powers of others. Currently reformed.

NBC's "Heroes" Might Be Getting Weirder...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Did you catch the season finale of NBC's Heroes ? If you did, then you probably caught the teaser to the next season at the very end of the last episode. While, I personally have never gotten into the show; I know many of you have. Many of you have also cited your disappointment with the way things were being scripted this past season. Brace yourselves, things could be getting more complicated. Wednesday night at the Saturn Awards, actor Adrian Pasdar who plays Nathan said that next season, his character may start looking a lot more like " Sylar ." You may have caught a hint of that in the season finale where Nathan looked like he was taking on some of Sylar 's habits...Here's what he said in an interview.

"That's the irony," Pasdar said. "I don't feel like I'm playing Sylar. I feel like I'm playing a guy who's playing Nathan. You see what I'm saying? I'm not trying to act like Sylar. Sylar's trying to act like Nathan. A little tic ... here, a little compulsive, obsessive behavior somewhere else."

Okay.

"I think there's going to be a good redemptive nature to his behavior this year," Pasdar said. "Somehow we're going to try to get out from underneath the dark cloud that surrounded the first couple years of his perception of what his power might be, his ability. It's nice to think it might end a little lighter. It might end with a martyrdom kind of behavior thing in order to sacrifice [himself] to serve the world."

With all the lousy reviews and declining ratings, is it just me, or is Heroes gasping for air and survival? I won't lie. I don't think I really understand, but then again, I never really watched this show. For those of you that have, this is your chance to speak on it. Thoughts?
    vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vaage-aina

this show sucks. it started off well, then it got weird, then weirder, and im not gonna stick around when it hits weirdest. i think i've wasted enough time watching this...

E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

I'm so done with this show. I hate it.

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LastSon1027

Much like LOST if you haven't seen it from the begining than you can't just jump in without being like WTF?!?! 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

I like the show.  Err...Sylar now has the ability to shift-shape, so perhaps that's what is going on with him, mimicking Nathan.  Everyone has their own opinion, but come on, quit slamming it so hard.  Can't appease everybody it seems.  *sheesh*      What lousy reviews?  What declining ratings?   I thought it'd been going strong.  It's better than the turdfest called Smallville.  Lighten up on Heroes. Sumofabeeyotch.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jefprice

I'm a big fan of the show. Every time they've made me ask what the??!?!? They've pretty much put the pieces together. I missed a lot of the last season, but I'm sure since they claim to know the end already that it's all going to a ending we'll enjoy. And what's NOT WEIRD about a superhero show? It's like X-Men or anything else of course it's a little weird. That's part of the fun.

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
    Iron Fist Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Iron Fist Angel

Loved the first season, HATED the second season which was an abomination, and the third season was actually not bad.....until the last episode. Then the wheels pretty much fell off with bad writing and absurdities all over the place.

I would be sad to see this show go but there's a reason why the ratings have fallen off a cliff the last two seasons - it's just not that good anymore.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NightFang3

Hope this season doesn't suck.

Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I bought the first season and wached it all the way throguh when it came out. I thought it was amazing and had really fresh new ideas and characters. Then they lost the flavor. The second season was not nearly as good as the first and was too focused on concepts, which were really silly. The third season was just as bad, and eventually, it just got to the point where I was watching it because a) I felt like I had to finish out the season to see if it got better, and b) to make fun of it. So now I'm not going to watch it next season. If you still enjoy the show, then more power to ya, but it's just not entertaining me anymore.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ARMIV

Never watched the show in my life,and I don't think I ever will.

vicsrealms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vicsrealms

No thank you.  If I want weird I will stick with good shows like Sanctuary.  The first season was great but the last two just didn't catch my attention.  Its seems to have more in common with Lost.  ~sigh~

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Korg

Heroes devolved faster than any other show I've ever seen. From the first to fourth season they managed to turn gold into lead.

Overmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Overmax

You know what would be really weird on Heroes?
    If they like, fought crime or something.

Man, I'm trolly today

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By -Eclipse-

I'm a huge fan of Heroes.

But even I have to admit the finale to Fugitives was just plain retarded.

Angela - "Hey, you know that super-powered mass murderer dude we just beat?"
    Noah - "Yeah?"
    Angela - "Well, I got a plan... Instead of doing the logical thing and getting rid of him permanently, let's make him replace my son-who-just-died-for-the-third-time!"
    Noah - "... Say what?"
    Angela - "Hear me out! It's not that I just want my son back, it's cause if Sylar pretends to be Nathan, he can talk to the President and magically erase the minds of everyone who knows about us!"
    Noah - "Hmm... Well, despite the fact that I have a deep hatred of Sylar and want nothing more than to finally destroy him for good... I think we should go with that plan! But, after the purpose of this whole Volume has been rendered totally pointless with Presidential magic, shouldn't we just kill Sylar/Nathan?"
    Angela - "Nah. What's the worst that could happen?"

It was the most retarded decision they've made on the show.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I have a tiny tiny tiny bit of hope that they can save the show, it hasn't been flat out awful but it hasn't been as great as it had been. they also may have completely screwed up the one cool character left on the show. just saying

bloodshed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bloodshed

i love this show.

i started watching it  with season 3 and i got hooked.
    story wise,it blows smallville away.
    sylars's the best villian since darth maul,and he lasted longer.

Reaper 13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Reaper 13
    @LastSon1027 said:
    " Much like LOST if you haven't seen it from the begining than you can't just jump in without being like WTF?!?!  "
    Agreed.  Both are really awesome shows if you catch them from the beginning.  It would be extremely difficult to jump midway into the show and understand or like it for that matter.
    vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vaage-aina

smallville sucks cock as well....

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @vaage-aina said:
    "smallville sucks cock as well...."

and what do you consider a good show?
    TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheBug

The plot of Heroes is all over the place. Can't even watch it anymore.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By ninjadude853

i personnaly think its turning into a televised comic book, i mean, what else besides comics has the messed continuity seen in heroes recently?

not that thats a bad thing

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Djinn

i dont like where there taking the show but imma still watch 

The Law-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Law-man

I still like it, but peter losing his powers is where the show became ridiculous because he wouldn't have been that naive towards his father with a group of villains IMO. Hiro is the only saving grace for this show and I hope it does not get cancelled.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AngelFrost

I loved the return of Tracy Strauss!

Incredible!

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#24  Edited By Green ankh

Apart from season 2 i still really enjoy the show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.