Follow

Sydney Savage

Character » Sydney Savage appears in 72 issues.

Sydney Savage used to work for Australian Special Ops before she was recruited by Deuce to join his international team of female agents, Danger Girl. She has a reputation for being both fearless and reckless. It took her a little while to warm to the team's newest recruit, Abbey Chase, though they are now good friends.

Just Call Me Angel in the Morning

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz
    No Caption Provided

This blog is actually more like a continuation of my previous one though the material is just a little bit different so I will make a separate post. I should also warn ahead of times that there might be a bit of a Superman-Wonder Woman romance rant in here. As a female comic fan one of the things which I can generally say that I have the hardest time with in comics is the depiction of the private lives of heroines. The private lives of the male characters are usually fleshed out with the realizations of the desires, but for the female characters this all too often becomes becoming that desire and not having any of their own. This is one of the main reasons that I oppose the pairing of Wonder Woman and Superman so much, because it takes what she is and makes it incompatible with their supposed romance. The real world is not as easy as the events depicted in issue #12 of Justice League in terms of how romances work, and the moments since then do little to justify how it continues.

This is once again where I find the format of Danger Girl to be somewhat superior (and that of indie comics in general). Whereas the Wonder Woman and Superman work together because as a promotional tool they have to, in the most recent Danger Girl, the characters don’t work together at all (these characters being Sydney Savage and her new man, whoever that is.) I am not the kind of person that has ever had a one night stand or casual “friends with benefits” kind of sexual relations, but in Sydney I can see someone that is actually human in their depiction of a relationship. She has met a new man, not yet sure what to make of him, but she faces a similar situation as with the rest of her life when he disappears in the morning. Maybe to start to be believable the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship needs some of this reality to at least seem to be realistic even when there is little basis for the two to be together otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.