The Astonishing X-Men Join S.W.O.R.D. To Save Earth

Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio

Blasting out of the pages of Astonishing X-Men and Secret Invasion (as well as Spider-Woman), the intergalactic organization S.W.O.R.D. will boldy take you where no series has gone before.  If that's not enough to get you excited, the X-Men's Beast and LOCKHEED will be along for the ride!

With the extra-sized S.W.O.R.D. #1 from Kieron Gillen (Thor) and Steven Sanders (Five Fists Of Science), we'll see former Avengers-liason Henry Gyrich joining the enigmatic Agent Brand.  Why does Gyrich think ridding Earth of all aliens will save it?  What will his plan do to the very fabric of the Marvel Universe?  Find out on November 18, 2009. 

What are your thoughts on intergalactic adventures with S.W.O.R.D.?  What do you think Gyrich is really up to?  With Lockheed hanging around, do you think they'll try to rescue Kitty Pryde from that magic bullet?

Staff
#1 Posted by Overguardian (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Squirrel Girl on the monitor? Next to Lockheed....
#2 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of a "space police/adventure" comic thats close to home in comparison to the cosmic books.

But I wonder why S.W.O.R.D and the subject of alien enhabitants on Earth did not make Osborns "List"?

#3 Posted by antonp (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that Hank Hill from King of The Hill?

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overguardian: I think its a Mephistoid, Hepzibah's race. She used to look more skunk-like than cat-like.

Wow some of this art is terrible.
#5 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" Wow some of this art is terrible. "
Agreed.
#6 Posted by thedez (43 posts) - - Show Bio
@antonp: That's what I was thinking
#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@antonp: Heh. Propane.
#8 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess this Kitty Pryde's ticket out of the magic bullet

#9 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it. I'm looking forward to this, though. SWORD was definitely one of the best things to come out of Whedon's Astonishing X-Men arc and it's been utilized well since then. I really hope Beta Ray Bill may make an appearance, hopefully he's a regular in this series.

#10 Posted by Nisk5 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Beast so tiny
#11 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Slipstream and Adam X are gonna be in this?
#12 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea. I really like seeing members of Hulks warbound on the screens, I was wondering whats happened to them, hope they are in this series.

#13 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks so BAD!

#14 Edited by Kreature (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@antonp:   
Of course! He is a member of hank hill look-alike aliens.It all makes sense now. After ridding the earth of the competition, they'll be free to enslave the human race and Earth will become the number 1 place in the universe to buy propane. Its so diabolical!! 

#15 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever happened to Hank after he was in the Machine in Dark Avengers?

#16 Posted by cadaver (143 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. liked it when joss was writing it, not sure about this, and the artwork, yeah. terrible.

#17 Posted by Pulsar (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything that involves HPG is bad. He just can't stop sticking his nose into the affairs of super-powered beings. lol
#18 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I see Hank Hill too.

#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is that red thing next to them? lol >.>

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overguardian said:
"Is that Squirrel Girl on the monitor? Next to Lockheed.... "

Hepzibah :) 

Can't say I'm excited about this series, but with the solicitations for issues 2 & 3 out, I have to admit it really is looking more interesting than I originally gave it credit...
#21 Posted by Top Flight Security (142 posts) - - Show Bio
@Media_Master said:
" Yeah I see Hank Hill too. "
Looks like HRG from Heroes.
#22 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales: 

Oh man the first thing I noticed was the horrible art. It's just bad.
#23 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

ha ha propane    
#24 Posted by camodude (193 posts) - - Show Bio

LOCKHEAD HECK YEAH!!

#25 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Stuff like this is the reason why I started reading DC comics.

#26 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (428 posts) - - Show Bio

The art isn't stellar, certainly, but we haven't seen the staring couple yet.  They might look great.  Also, I'm always far more concerned with the story rather than the art (of course the art can only be so bad before it distracts from even the best script)  Anyway, I am so excited to see Beast away from the x-men.  When writers don't like him or don't know how to write him (like has been the case in recent Uncanny and Astonishing) then they just write him off as the medical/tech guy in the background.  This will be a great moment for him to shine and for one of the first x-men and fonding member of many other big Marvel team's I think a co-starring role in his own book is long over do.

#27 Posted by zerogee0 (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Phoenix Child said:
" i guess this Kitty Pryde's ticket out of the magic bullet "
One can only hope.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.