roxanne_starr's Sweet Tooth #1 - Out of the Deep Woods, Part One review

How Sweet it is...not!

Well, now I know the reason for the title. The hero of this book, Gus, likes chocolate bars. That's the only sweet thing about this comic.

Gus is the victim of an unnamed disease or genetic defect which has manifested itself in his having antlers. Other children afflicted by this maledy appearently show other abnormalities, such as being covered in fur.

His father is also the victim of an unnamed disease. So was his mother, before she died. But this is not the disease that the children have. It seems to be something akin to tuberculosis.

Gus and his father live in a forest where hunters go around blowing each others brains out.

This is a lighthearted and uplifting comic...not! It is also extremely light on copy, so it can be read in about 3 minutes. The art is fair enough, though not really to my liking. Compared to this title, the Walking Dead is a laugh riot.

Posted by Cervantes

Good to know, I hate it when the hype train of quirk for quirk's sake tricks me into getting something pointless. Looking at the cover, it looks like someone watched too many Steve Buscemi movies and figured they'd fairytale him up...

@Cervantes

Lemire has come a long way (as far as getting work) since I wrote this review...but I'm still not convinced that he has it in him to become a truly GREAT writer.

I've written a few reviews, but I enjoy designing pulps better. :D

Haha! Well let me say, you are great at both. I read about 4 or 5 of your reviews. They amused me :)

I've written a few reviews, but I enjoy designing pulps better. :D

Have I ever written a favorable review? I don't remember. I think all my reviews are harsh ones. XD

I've written a few reviews, but I enjoy designing pulps better. :D

Ummm, you semi-liked Chew #1 if that counts? Arrivedeci Rox-Starr!