Snyder Leaves Swamp Thing

#1 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/10/scott-snyder-to-leave-swamp-thing/

Earlier this week, as well as talking about Gail Simone leaving Batgirl, I also mentioned that Scott Snyder was leaving Swamp Thing. It’s possible this may have been overshadowed somewhat.

In this case no one was fired by e-mail, there weren’t excruciating issues with editorial, and no one poured a cup of hot soup over anyone. It’s just that Snyder has decided to manage his workload a little more. With his new Vertigo series on the way and Man Of Steel with Jim Lee ramping up, with all of the editorial oversight such a project may need, something had to give. First American Vampire went on hold and now he’s off Swamp Thing.

As much as Snyder made his name on the new Batman series, Swamp Thing showed his range and also made a comic book that had been cancelled for low sales a number of times, sell. In a way that Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Bryan K Vaughn and Andy Diggle had failed to acheive.

I understand a recent-Image Comics creator will be writing the book after Snyder.

Sad to see him go on

I wonder who will takeover

#2 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that sucks. I mean, I'm not reading Swamp Thing but I had heard a lot of great stuff about it

#3 Edited by The_Tree (7930 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I wonder who from Image will be taking the reigns. I'll place my first bet on Brandon Seifert, second bet goes to Joe Harris.

#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3039 posts) - - Show Bio

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#5 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Give it to Gail! She'll give us the moody, kinky gay Swamp Thing we deserve!

#6 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Loki9876 said:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah, that was my first thought too

#7 Posted by tomlikesfries (4854 posts) - - Show Bio

That's too bad.

I wonder who'll be the new writer.

#8 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this sucks. A lot.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved his run.It's a shame that he is leaving the title.

#10 Posted by derf_jenkins (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anything been announced as to who will be taking over?

#11 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@derf_jenkins said:

Has anything been announced as to who will be taking over?

someone name Charles Soule

who wrote 27 for Image

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.