Follow

Swamp Thing

Character » Swamp Thing appears in 1047 issues.

Botanist Alec Holland became the avatar of the Green, known as the Swamp Thing, following his death in a swamp as a result of a horrific accident. With the ability to control any form of plant life, Swamp Thing uses his powers to protect both the human and the plant worlds.

Swamp Thing Vol 3

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AustinHasten

I've recently purchased the 2000 Vertigo series of Swamp Thing, it's on its way now, and I wanted to know what others who have read them thought about them. The fact that it's focused on Tefe kind of scares me.

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By JairamGanpat

@austinhasten: I can't recommend anything to you but I can tell you not to get Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing. It started off strongly but got a lot weaker as it progressed. Rotworld was WAAAAY too long and killed interest.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Heard it was okay. BKV was then still learning how to write.

BB

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@austinhasten: I can't recommend anything to you but I can tell you not to get Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing. It started off strongly but got a lot weaker as it progressed. Rotworld was WAAAAY too long and killed interest.

Scott's run on Swamp Thing is actually my favorite thing to come out of the New 52, other than his run on Batman, of course. Yes, Scott is fond of the long story arcs, but I enjoy the way that allows him to create a really strong narrative.

Heard it was okay. BKV was then still learning how to write.

BB

Alright, thanks! I'm sure I'll love it just because I'm a Swamp Thing fanboy.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@austinhasten:

I'd suggest you get Moore's run if you haven't and Millar's. Maybe Veitch's too.

BB

AustinHasten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got Moore's, it's one of the best things in all of comicdom.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.