New 52 Swamp Thing Respect Thread

• 95 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally the most complex and adult character: Swamp Thing.

Let's take a look at the new Swamp Thing feats in this new universe:

Swamp Thing 0

Created a Bio-Restorative Formula whose function is to restore the flora, as well as makes it resistant to the worst existents enviroments.

Swamp Thing 2

A predecessor Swamp Thing explains that he is connected to the Green since birth and some day would become the Green's greatest warrior king.

Swamp Thing 3

Due the connection with The Green Alec can manipulate plants at will.

Swamp Thing 5

Summon plants to restrain rotling animals and William Arcane.

Swamp Thing 7

Due being attacked by The Rot,the Parliament of Tree couldn't turn him into Swamp Thing anymore. So Dr. Holland cleverly suggests to the Parliamnet join their powers with Bio-Restorative formula so that its body is fused with plants,thus becoming the new Swamp Thing.

Transforms its nails into branches to one-shot the rotlings.

Creating functional wings.

Swamp Thing 8

Flying.

Defeats a whole rotling army.

Swamp Thing 9

Survived to be impaled by a possessed Abigail Arcane twice (remember he still have a human body beneath).

Use Peaches and Orchid's seeds to separate Abigail from that shell

Endure Sethe attacks.

Swamp Thing 11

One-shot the Un-Men.

Swamp Thing 13 & 14

Truns Poison Ivy's sword into vines to conatin her.

Enter into The Green.

Tagging a zombie Kid Flash.

Withstand blows from Superboy.

Swamp Thing can't only shape hisbody to create weapons,but also to later his size.

Although The Rot is draining his powers,Alec manages to turn nearby flora into a boat.

Battling more rotlings.

Swamp Thing 15

In a single strike tore apart a zombie Starro.

Swamp Thing 16

Bruce Wayne recreated the Bio-Restorative formula in oder to neutralize The Rot,but but with his death the formula can not be completed and therefore Alec use his own body to synthesize the missing components

Pump the Bio-Restorative formula into himself to regain strength.

Animal Man 17

Hold his own against zombie Superman.

Shooting spikes

Swamp Thing 17

Using all remaining strength to pull out Bat-Bot to the atmosphere.

Swamp Thing 18

Slices Anton Arcane.

After Alec Holland death the Parliament of Tree join his counsciouness with The Green,making it the fisrt avatar without a human body.

#2 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@ratman19:More scans

#3 Posted by Sicarius_ (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally only read THIS comic, all the others i skim through but this omfg LOVE SWAMP THING

#4 Posted by termiteone4ever (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp thing always good to read

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO the best ongoing atm.

#6 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Epic :) Love SW..

#8 Posted by jaytiz27 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta lot of love for swamp thing, one of my favs

#9 Posted by Silverblooded (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Just started reading the New 52's for swamp thing (I know took me long enough, but I wanted to start at the 0 issue) is there any really great storylines or specific issues I should try to get my hand on?

#10 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@silverblooded all previous new 52 issues of swamp thing, animal man, demon knights and justice league dark

#11 Edited by Cap10nate (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: There are going to be some awesome respect worthy scans from rot world since he will be fighting so many different rot infected characters. I hope they really show the fight next issue. It will be awesome to see how he beats Superboy and the others.

#12 Posted by Silverblooded (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk: thanks I'll defintely look into them.

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate: Me too,Ican't wait to see the issue 14 and 15..this one of the best New 52 comics!!! Oohh I will update this thread soon as I cans okay?

#14 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

He gets very big.

#15 Posted by SmashBrawler (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

He gets very big.

Eh-neeek-chock.

#16 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

Erm, quick question. The rotted people will get better, right? I haven't noticed in story the Teen Titans getting pulled into all this.....and somehow zombification/rotification would be noticed somehow

#17 Posted by Jethrin (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing gets better every month!

#18 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

someone post more scans of the mighty swamp thing

#19 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best comics on the New 52.

#20 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

Erm, quick question. The rotted people will get better, right? I haven't noticed in story the Teen Titans getting pulled into all this.....and somehow zombification/rotification would be noticed somehow

The rotworld arc is set in an alternate future

#21 Posted by terry2012 (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

What are his powers? And is he immortal?

#22 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing 16

In Rotworld future,Batman create a serum capable to cure rotted people,,but has no way of summarizing it and knew the Swamp Thing, would be the only one able to do it. Alec uses his own body to create the missing components (at Metamorpho style) and added the Venom to fortify formula

@krspaceT: @Stormbox: @jobbernos: @SmashBrawler: @Sicarius_: more scans

#23 Posted by Sharkey (55 posts) - - Show Bio

That last page there had me literally grinning when I first read it, love the Bat-bot and the repurposed Venom canisters. :)

#24 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sharkey: @Stormbox: @The Mighty Monarch:@regrivett@ratman19: more scans

#25 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sharkey: @terry2012: @JonesDeini @Jakesully1981 @danhimself@broo1232 :more scans

#26 Posted by terry2012 (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Okay, thanks.

#27 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: you're welcome

#28 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Swampy far exceeds any other incarnation of Swamp Thing..

#29 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspacet: @biteme_fanboy: @7deadpool7 @austinhasten@jakesully1981 @cap10nate: more scans

Swamp Thing 19

Causing the ground engulf an oasis and summon giant vines to round up some mercenaries in the middle of the desert.
Alec can change his size and traveling to any place where there are plants,even in microscopic ones.
A quick battle against Scarecrow
After Scarecrow using carbon dioxide against him,Swamp Thing faints and lose control over the plants,that begin to attack Metropolis

#30 Posted by Cap10nate (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Another great issue. The only question I had was with the carbon dioxide being what hurt him. Since plants breathe in CO2, shouldn't it have no effect on him. It was good to see his power engulf Metropolis though. Very reminiscent of his siege on Gotham.

#31 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: True. Charles Soule fails there,but still is a great issue

#32 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@biteme_fanboy: @austinhasten@terry2012: @mezmero@termiteone4ever: @ratman19: more scans

Justice League Dark 19

If enter in contact with enchanted plant life he would still able to control it and it's abilities (probably). Swamp Thing can also track someone/something through the Green.
Doctor Destiny implies Swamp Thing has a important role in Trinity War.

#33 Posted by Lvenger (19851 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: So Swamp Thing has a role in the Trinity War? Interesting. Nice scans mate!

#34 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Ohh yeah!!!! I can't wait to read Trinity War

#35 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing 20

Without Swamp Thing the plant life is out of control and soon would destroy Metropolis.
Swamp Thing can heal himself,as showed after being burned by Superman (This means he can heal destroyed plant life).

Holding Scarecrow. Destroying his body and rebuilding it in another place.

#36 Posted by jwalser3 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for the next JLD

#37 Posted by terry2012 (5211 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by Damian_Arrows (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Found myself enjoying the last two issues Soule did over the rushed Snyder blockbuster. can't wait for more from the new team. the art fits perfectly as well. next issue can't come soon enough.

#39 Edited by Damian_Arrows (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: higher amounts of CO2 (along with a normal temperature, moisture, and nitrogen levels) would increase his growth. so, Soule got it right.

#40 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@cap10nate: @jwalser3: @terry2012: @damian_arrows: More scans

Swamp Thing 21

Regrowing his head.

Through The Green Alec can acess the memories of previoous avatars and the Parliament.
A strange entity drains energy from The Green and almost killed Alec,but with willpower was able to overcome this.

#41 Edited by terry2012 (5211 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by RustyRoy (12683 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormbox: @sharkey: @sicarius_: @cap10nate: More scans

@rustyroy: Thanks mate!!

Swamp Thing 22

Tracking the Seeder through The Green to a small village in Scotland,Alec is able to sneak upon the citizens by just enter into other plants and growing his body inside of it.

Swamp Thing 23

After Constantine cut his connection with The Green,Alec had to use all remaining energy and willpower to keep your body together so he could escape from jail.

Due to not being connected with The Green his body could be easily destroyed,but his consciousness connects with local flora and uses their pollen to eliminate Seeder's control over the citizens.

Rebuilding his body from a mountain.

#45 Posted by Al_capOWN (534 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wit for swamp thing 23

#46 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by ComicStooge (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome. Anymore?

#48 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8752 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by ComicStooge (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#50 Posted by jwalser3 (5001 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I haven't been following Swamp Thing. I need to get back into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.