Follow

Swamp Thing

Character » Swamp Thing appears in 1048 issues.

Botanist Alec Holland became the avatar of the Green, known as the Swamp Thing, following his death in a swamp as a result of a horrific accident. With the ability to control any form of plant life, Swamp Thing uses his powers to protect both the human and the plant worlds.

New 52 Swamp Thing/Animal Man Reading Order

UncleEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, I just got into Animal Man and the newer Swamp Thing. I have all of them already, and I have already read Animal Man #1-6. I was wondering what the optimum reading order is for the comics. I had started to read Swamp Thing 0, but it mentioned Animal Man Annual, so I stopped there.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

You only really need to read them in a certain order during Rotworld.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Read Alan Moores first.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the first 5 issues of swamp thing and the first 6 of animal man. I was going to start reading swamp thing thing but now it seems like some series need to be read in order with other series, so confusing arg!

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#6  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@al_capown: When it comes to Rotworld all you need to read in order is Animal Man 12 before Swamp Thing 12 and Animal Man 17 before Swamp Thing 17 as they are direct tie-ins, but the ones between can be in any order.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks man, how do you guys know all this stuff? Is there a link somewhere I havent found yet with the reading order of some of the New 52 comics?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.