Is he anyone's fave DC character?

#1 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

He's always been mine for 27 years since i was 4 when i rented the Swamp Thing movie on video and collected his comics since including some DC crossovers where he meets Batman, Superman, Justice League and more then later the Vertigo ones as my parents had no problem of me reading comics for mature readers.

I even saw the sequel to the Swamp Thing movie in theaters when i was 7 and had the toys as a kid plus watched/taped both the live-action and animated shows.

#2 Edited by Cap10nate (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jakesully1981: When i think about it, he is probably my favorite DC character. His New 52 book has been my favorite DC title, and I am going back and reading some of Alan Moore's run from the 80s. I think he is an awesome character.

#3 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked much DC but I love Swmp-thing I recently got the first hardcover book of Alan Moore's run.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58026 posts) - - Show Bio

He was when I read his first series. He isn't my #1 character anymore but still one of my favorites.
BB

#5 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

hes one of my favorite charecters but not my favorite

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

The second Swamp Thing movie was in the theaters????????????????????

#7 Posted by Jakesully1981 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle of course, Return of Swamp Thing had a limited run in early May of 1989 and i saw it in theaters as a kid

#8 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Changed my mind Swamp-thing IS my favourite DC character closely followed by Batman.

#9 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing....

You are ama-zing!

#10 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

hes my favorite of all time.

#11 Posted by Mowgli22 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

one of my favorites.

#12 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Swamp Thing....

You are ama-zing!

Haha, the old corny show from the 80's.

I'd say Swamp Thing is a close second favorite, right under Batman.

#13 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Swamp thing he's in my top 3

#14 Posted by The Stegman (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I like him....but not love.

#15 Posted by Bruxae (13870 posts) - - Show Bio

He is definetly in my top 5.

#16 Posted by radnorrin (7 posts) - - Show Bio

He is my favourite! I love him ol' swamp head so much I'm writing my Master's Thesis on him!

#17 Posted by Al_capOWN (534 posts) - - Show Bio

He aint my favorite, but def. my top 3, he's awesome. I love swamp thing new 52 series.

#18 Posted by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

He's slowly becoming one of my favorites behind Batman and Green Lantern

#19 Posted by mr_gone (218 posts) - - Show Bio

tie between him and batman. looking at the comments here, it's neat seeing that it seems to be a popular combination

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.