Follow

Surtur

Character » Surtur appears in 222 issues.

Surtur is the God of Muspelheim and King of the Fire Giants. He is a demon of gigantic proportions and one of the greatest threats to Asgard. He wields the powerful Twilight Sword that is capable of destroying universes.

Surtur Respect Thread with Pics of Feats

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zee crusher

First i'd like to say he was in my favorite story line of marvel and he did a good job while he was out i'm sure he won't be out again but he was a strong being so lets look at some feats Surtur shows the even with out his sword of doom he makes a fiery sword and show he still had enough energy to destroy a galaxy with the sword of doom he'd be alot stronger Surtur gets knocked back by odin but gets up an uses the casket of ancient winters and even says the odin and the odin force wouldn't get him out of this Surtur controls his molecular structure and turns his hands to huge snakes Surtur actually is seen destroying an entire galaxy beta ray bills galaxy With only a mere gesture of his hand he destroys and entire moutain Surtur with one eye beam took down the limitless power thor girl Destroys rainbow bridge made by odin in that lead from asgard all the way to earth with on slam of his sword More to come i just gotta upload them.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By warlock360

nice ;)

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Surtur! Destroyer of Galaxies! Cool scans. lol

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zee crusher

Thank you lol.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zee crusher

Surtur makes hammers for basically all of his soilders on the island

Asgardians admitting that not even a whole world could conquer surtur and his power

Kal-Kent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kal-Kent

BADASS dude i never knew surtur was so strong.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator

So are you saying that Surtur is more powerful than Galactus ?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

The_Creator says:

"So are you saying that Surtur is more powerful than Galactus ?"

Probably he is

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Surtur is awesome. He is one of Marvel's most underrated characters.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zee crusher

fesak says:

"Surtur is awesome. He is one of Marvel's most underrated characters. "

Lol I'm guessing that means you read the ultimates when Loki sent out asgards creatures and I think surtur was one of them lol he got beat by just the avengers when in 616 it took thor with the rune magic and odin force to actually scare him lol.

The_Creator says:

Are stupid or something?? Who said he was more powerful. Hes strong yes but hes at least capable of beating a starved galactus. Why do you constantly make up lies and estimates?? Can you read a comic book for once.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fesak  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:

Lol I'm guessing that means you read the ultimates when Loki sent out asgards creatures and I think surtur was one of them lol he got beat by just the avengers when in 616 it took thor with the rune magic and odin force to actually scare him lol.

Actually i didn't read the Ultimates, and i'm glad i didn't as that just sounds awful.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zee crusher

Lol it was did if you read onslaught reborn then you basically read ultimates with Surturs return lol. I can't believe they made loki have control over him. I need some more feats for this. thread.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I wouldn't read Onslaught Reborn even if i got paid for it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By the creator

zee crusher says:

" The_Creator says:
    Are stupid or something?? Who said he was more powerful. Hes strong yes but hes at least capable of beating a starved galactus. Why do you constantly make up lies and estimates?? Can you read a comic book for once."

Hardly stupid. Compared to you I'm the smartest man on the planet.

Your scans show Surtur stating that he is emitting energy capable of destroying a galaxy and then later destroying the home galaxy of Beta Ray Bills people.

These are feats that Galactus cannot perform. Galactus is described as a 'living sun' for power purposes.

Hence Galactus is described as the World Devourer, not a Galaxy Devourer/Destroyer.

This is why I asked this question.

Your answer, about Surtur being able to beat a starved Galactus is quite intesresting then because it flies in the face of some of the posted scans.

You have a tendency when doing your appreciation threads to show the occasions when a character performs a feat of huge power/speed/durability etc that stands out from the normal.

Foe some longer running characters this is not the more consistent power level that has been displayed in most of their appearances.

Finally, 4 of the above scans are from quite old comics, when the power levels of characters depicted varied significantly from appearance to appearance. With today's better editorial and planning meetings this has less tendency to happen.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the creator

The_Creator says:

"zee crusher says:
    " The_Creator says:
    Are stupid or something?? Who said he was more powerful. Hes strong yes but hes at least capable of beating a starved galactus. Why do you constantly make up lies and estimates?? Can you read a comic book for once."
    Hardly stupid. Compared to you I'm the smartest man on the planet. Your scans show Surtur stating that he is emitting energy capable of destroying a galaxy and then later destroying the home galaxy of Beta Ray Bills people. These are feats that Galactus cannot perform. Galactus is described as a 'living sun' for power purposes. Hence Galactus is described as the World Devourer, not a Galaxy Devourer/Destroyer. This is why I asked this question. Your answer, about Surtur being able to beat a starved Galactus is quite intesresting then because it flies in the face of some of the posted scans. You have a tendency when doing your appreciation threads to show the occasions when a character performs a feat of huge power/speed/durability etc that stands out from the normal. Foe some longer running characters this is not the more consistent power level that has been displayed in most of their appearances. Finally, 4 of the above scans are from quite old comics, when the power levels of characters depicted varied significantly from appearance to appearance. With today's better editorial and planning meetings this has less tendency to happen. "

Still waiting for a reply Zee.

Your scans fly in the face of your comments. Is that just poor writing.

What's your thoughts ?

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

zee crusher said:
    "

fesak says:

The_Creator says:

Are stupid or something?? Who said he was more powerful. Hes strong yes but hes at least capable of beating a starved galactus. Why do you constantly make up lies and estimates?? Can you read a comic book for once.

"

That's the thing though, he didn't come across as scared at all...more...excited. I mean his only response was to welcome him, and ask what glorious combat they would wage between them. If Surtur is half as warrior centered as Odin, i think he relished the idea of an opponent he fealt could actually challenge him as Odin had. Dude was a beast.
    LJ_RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very few stand chance against a member of the Cosmic Order and Surtur isn't one of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.