Follow

Surge

Character » Surge appears in 1093 issues.

Surge is a young mutant with electricity-based powers, and presently requires gauntlet-like regulators to fully control her powers. Considered to be one of the natural leaders of the younger mutants, she now resides at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning

Where is Surge?

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By N7_Normandy

I haven't seen her in any issues since second coming.  Why is she not part of a team right now?  Is she still recovering from the whole legacy virus thing?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

writers don't want to use her anymore. the time before second coming that i can recall seeing her, see was a complete B*tch to Jubilee. With so many characters, some have to fade to the background.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @jordama said:
    " writers don't want to use her anymore. the time before second coming that i can recall seeing her, see was a complete B*tch to Jubilee. With so many characters, some have to fade to the background. "
    well that just plain sucks.  We better get to see some Surge soon....
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jordama
    @N7_Normandy said:
    " @jordama said:
    " writers don't want to use her anymore. the time before second coming that i can recall seeing her, see was a complete B*tch to Jubilee. With so many characters, some have to fade to the background. "
    well that just plain sucks.  We better get to see some Surge soon.... "

I loved surge back in the day, but if writers are just gonna make some hateful b*tch, i'm good with the background, she deserves better. 
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jubilantlad
    @jordama: I don't think they're making her a b*itch. I think they're just using her personality, which has also shown to be rather strong and independant (some can argue it's aggressive).
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @jordama said:
    "writers don't want to use her anymore. the time before second coming that i can recall seeing her, see was a complete B*tch to Jubilee. With so many characters, some have to fade to the background. "

The Nation X story line?  Where a bunch of the Institute kids mets up with Jubilee on mainland San Francisco?  I didn't think there was anything catty between them...  Or maybe I was just distracted by the pretty Mike Choi & Sonia Oback art.

I just don't see the need for all these 'Where Are They Now' type threads.  Marvel literally have thousands of characters; it's only natural that they wont all be seen all of the time.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jordama

@Jubilantlad
    said:

"@jordama: I don't think they're making her a b*itch. I think they're just using her personality, which has also shown to be rather strong and independant (some can argue it's aggressive). "

The dialouge between Jubes and Surge just pissed me off. Jubes has earned the respect that the other students were giving her but Surge was very "you don't belong here, you ain't a mutant anymore. You don't know what its like" That kind of anti-former mutant sentiment was awful, especially because of her close friendship with sofia and the relationship she had/has with prodigy.  

@xerox-kitty:  

Gotta love that art. But it seemed like surge was pain out wrong, that wasn't banter, that was me waiting to see jubes slap nori.
    XSpectreGreyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By XSpectreGreyX

I loved Surge. She was a great character. Sure, she was kind of a bitch, but it was understandable, and when she was pissed at everyone after M-Day, again, it was understandable. But now, it just seems like she's going out of her way to be mean for no reason. I hope they do use her again, because she was definitely my favourite out of the New X-Men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.