Follow

Surge

Character » Surge appears in 1092 issues.

Surge is a young mutant with electricity-based powers, and presently requires gauntlet-like regulators to fully control her powers. Considered to be one of the natural leaders of the younger mutants, she now resides at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning

Her hygiene

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, before I ask this, I do not mean for it to be a stupid question but how does she not stink or look dirty around other people. I mean in the New X-Men series, in one scene she said that her and water do not mix. She has the power of electricity and placing her in water is bad. When i saw that, I began to wonder about her hygiene. Like does she takes showers and baths, does she brush her teeth? I mean how do the creators work that out. I mean Static Shock has electrokinesis and he can be placed in water and it wont have an effect on him.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: Not everyone with electric powers is bad with water. Static for example knows how to conduct his powers through water safely. Surge has far less control. That said, I always assumed she sponge bathed or something.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Avatar image for unfraggablepushman
    UnfraggablePushman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surge is only weak to water if fully submerged; the instance in question was when she was in danger of being flooded through. On top of that, it stands to reason that the technology in her gauntlets and her control over her powers has grown. On top of that, Xavier built a special shower system for Orphan from The X-Statix. I'm sure he could build one for a student at his school as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.