inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided

Judge, jurors, and members of ComicVine, a crime has been committed in the world of comic books, and that crime is the abuse of the term friend… pal.

Dictionary.com defines friend as:

–noun

1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.

3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?

4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.

5. (initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker.

A synonym for that is “Pal.” The term pal denoting a tighter bond between the two friends, maybe even a “best friend.” We’ve all heard about how terrible a friend Superman is to Jimmy Olsen, however, the door swings both ways and Jimmy Olsen is NOT Superman’s pal. I’ve looked through the first 50 covers of Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, and I’ve found undeniable evidence that not only is Jimmy Olsen a terrible friend, he’s also a terrible human being.

No Caption Provided

Case 1: He’s thinks he’s better than everyone else.

Issue number one shows us right off the bat that Jimmy Olsen thinks he’s a better detective than Superman, and that he doesn’t need his help. Obviously, Mr. Olsen forgot his manners and left the rules of teamwork at the door! Jimmy and Superman are supposed to be a two man team, working together in order to solve the crime. He has no respect for anyone, only himself!

No Caption Provided

Case 2: He breaks the rules to get what he wants.

Man rule #32: Never date your buddy’s ex. Not only does Jimmy break that rule, here in issue 21, but he destroys it with a nuclear missile, and he urinates all over the ashes. We have a man who considers himself a supposed “friend” taking another man’s girlfriend down the aisle to wed her. Obviously Superman is physically distraught over this, but just too timid to say otherwise. Why is he too timid, well your answer lies within my next point.

No Caption Provided

Case 3: He’s a user and an abuser

Issue 22, proves that not only does Jimmy Olsen use Superman to do his evil-bidding, and yes, I just called him evil, but Jimmy also physically abuses Superman almost to the point of death! Can I get an Amen? Jimmy finds out he has Kryptonite eyes and decides to use them on Superman to do his evil bidding? Is that what one friend would do to another? I think not, friends are supposed to help each other.

No Caption Provided

Case 4: He considers thoughtful gifts a bartering tool

Issue 35 shows us that Jimmy takes advantage of friendship to a point where Jimmy will use gifts from Superman in order to get his own way. Jimmy obviously did something horrible, which as you can see greatly upset Superman, and instead of apologizing, like a man, he decides to smash a framed and SIGNED picture of Superman himself because if he does, Superman may open up his big heart and forget Jimmy’s indiscretion. I do say! Is this the action of a friend or an enemy?

No Caption Provided

Case 5: He belittles your accomplishments

My final piece of evidence today comes from issue 37 where that devious little “friend” decides to go watch Superman play on his intramural baseball team. However, when Superman finally gets the chance to hit that game winning home run, Jimmy robs him of it to show off his newfound stretching ability and catching the ball from the stands. Not only was it horrible to Superman’s ego, but it later led to THIS

Would any of your friends do something like this to you? NO! Because they would be your enemies!  
    I move to change the title of the book from Superman’s Pal: Jimmy Olsen to Jimmy Olsen: Total Douchebag.

Now if it pleases the court, I’d like any other viner available to please present further evidence, in order to further prove Jimmy is a jerk.

~Mat Elfring (inferiorego) is a comedian, teacher, comic book writer, comic store employee and pretend lawyer.~

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

when you look at it, Jimmy Olsen is almost Luthor...

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By They Killed Cap!

He's a Putz
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Jimmy Olsen : Lex Luthor's Pal?

MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MemnochZERO

He hasn't killed a bus full of school children (yet) but I'd say he's quite possibly as twisted as the Joker and should be sent to Arkham and taught a lesson. Granted, Superman is no saint either.. he's a dick... but Jimmy in the guise of a goofball sidekick doing these things... so much worse than a god-like alien that knows he can get away with it. 
    Zniperking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zniperking

what an @$$hole

Quest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Quest

jimmy's soul is black
    aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By aouric

Jimmy Olsen you are guilty as charged, the jury has decided that you are no friend of Superman and will be banished to the Phantom Zone!

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tyler Starke

I present to the court, that all of Jimmy's "Acts against superman" are clearly influenced by the LSD dose that was slipped to him, and plead temporary insanity for my client

No Caption Provided
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrCipher

The eviddence is clear. And with a little push, Jimmy could even become a hulking, muscle-bound jerk who likes to push people around (see Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths).
    Avatar image for ninjasquirrel01
    ninjasquirrel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ninjasquirrel01

Viners, huh?  
    I like how he doesn't ask Superman's permission until they're literally AT THE WEDDING.
    Well at the very least he's Clark's only friend.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

I also remind you the users and staff/moderators of the time when Jimmy sold pictures to another news paper in a world without super-man. However Jimmy has shown himself to be a real pal to super-man in other areas I'm pretty sure. But he is still Guilty.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Yung ANcient One

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Jimmy is such a "pal".

Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
    Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I have to go after you on this just because I can and my work day is near an end and I’m bored and I don't feel like doing my job right now SOOOO……

MOTION TO DISMISS

NOW COMES THE DEFENDANT JIMMY OLSEN, by and through their attorney, ANDREW BELLON, MOTION TO DISMISS on grounds of false practice and states as follows:

MOTON TO DISMISS

2.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 1

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 1: this is a personal opinion NOT fact, based on limited evidence that is determined by how the defendant (Mr. Jimmy Olsen) is perceived by the reader and therefore cannot be deemed worthy as evidence.

4.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 2.

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 2: “Man Rule” is not a universally recognized legal set of rules or codes. Although I STRONGLY agree with this said “Man Rule #32” it is invalid to make any argument that Mr. Olsen breaks the rules.

6.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 3.

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 3: Mr. Olsen has sworn that only once did he use his Kryptonite eyes in a manner affecting Superman and at this time Mr. Olsen wanted his FRIEND Superman to get the Doritos and pass them over to him this is neither a crime nor abuse!

I HAVE RUN OUT OF TIME AT WORK AND NOW MUST GO HOME... TO BE CONTINUED

IT FOLLOWS THAT:

This case is null and void. If the said attorney Mr. Mat Elfring continues his negative public manner the DEFENDANT JIMMY OLSEN through his attorney will be forced to take legal action for false practice.

... sorry mat lol 

p.s. I in no way am a real attorney nor is this a legal document, nor am I seriously trying to defend Jimmy Olsen... I'm just bored.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Jimmy needs a good lawyer, he should call this guy

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#16  Edited By Dracade102

Jimmy Olsen; The Council Of The Planet Krypton has Spoken. 
    You will now be Banished to the Phantom Zone.. 
    *The Phantom Zone Portal Comes out of Nowhere and Imprisons Jimmy, Non, and Ursa in it*
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Primmaster64

What an a$$

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By NightFang3

The arch-enemy is alway's the best friend.    

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy

When Luthor dies...Jimmy Olsen will take his place.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LP

BASTARD!!!

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ms__omega

Damn what a Douche'

nick7913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By nick7913

Ahhh, the Silver Age... Should we also be expecting an article about what a manipulative b&*^h Lois is? If so, I would like to present exhibit A:

http://neillcameron.blogspot.com/2009/08/imaginary-adventures-of-lois-lane-part.html

pentagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By pentagram
    @Chocolate Lantern said:
    "

I have to go after you on this just because I can and my work day is near an end and I’m bored and I don't feel like doing my job right now SOOOO……

MOTION TO DISMISS

NOW COMES THE DEFENDANT JIMMY OLSEN, by and through their attorney, ANDREW BELLON, MOTION TO DISMISS on grounds of false practice and states as follows:

MOTON TO DISMISS

2.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 1

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 1: this is a personal opinion NOT fact, based on limited evidence that is determined by how the defendant (Mr. Jimmy Olsen) is perceived by the reader and therefore cannot be deemed worthy as evidence.

4.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 2.

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 2: “Man Rule” is not a universally recognized legal set of rules or codes. Although I STRONGLY agree with this said “Man Rule #32” it is invalid to make any argument that Mr. Olsen breaks the rules.

6.       The Defendant denies the allegations and conclusions of law contained in paragraph 3.

a.      

b.       Rebuttal Case 3: Mr. Olsen has sworn that only once did he use his Kryptonite eyes in a manner affecting Superman and at this time Mr. Olsen wanted his FRIEND Superman to get the Doritos and pass them over to him this is neither a crime nor abuse!

IT FOLLOWS THAT:

This case is null and void. If the said attorney Mr. Mat Elfring continues his negative public manner the DEFENDANT JIMMY OLSEN through his attorney will be forced to take legal action for false practice.

... sorry mat lol 

p.s. I in no way am a real attorney nor is this a legal document, nor am I seriously trying to defend Jimmy Olsen... I'm just bored.

"
    motion approved by the DA.
    flynntanamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By flynntanamo

He is a ginger, he doesn't have a soul.....jk jk :D

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @pentagram said:
    " @Chocolate Lantern said:
    "

MOTION TO DISMISS

MOTON TO DISMISS

a.      

a.      

a.      

IT FOLLOWS THAT:

... sorry mat lol 

"
    motion approved by the DA. "

All points made are null and void since he states within the motion that he is not a "real attorney, nor is this a legal document."

I, however, am a real attorney in the world of comics.

DENIED!

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cmaprice

I love how Superman was the flower girl at that wedding. Really? How often he saved you, he couldn't be the best man, or give Lois away? Not even the ring bearer? That's emasculating. 

He's the man of steel, Jimmy, but he's not made of stone.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @cmaprice said:
    "  He's the man of steel, Jimmy, but he's not made of stone. "
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    So awesome.
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PYH000

Jimmy, how could you???!!! I always saw you as a lovable photographer boy making an honest living who looks up at Superman as a hero but I can't believe you would stoop down to Lex Luthor's level!

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Korg

Motion to dismiss. Olsen gets sh!t on by Superman constantly in this series, including Superman withholding water from a dying Olsen. He also burns Jimmy's Christmas present with his heat vision. The list goes on. Superman has super powers. Olsen does not. Jimmy is clearly the wronged party here, and this farce should not be allowed to continue.

utnapishtim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By utnapishtim

May Jimmy, Superman, and Lex Luthor be shot (via the Green Lantern Corps) into a black hole
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32  Edited By jakob187

Jimmy Olsen: The TRUE Lex Luthor? 

Come on, we all know it would be SWEET to see Jimmy Olsen grow a set and be the best Superman villain EVER!

Scoobypuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scoobypuff
    @Chocolate Lantern: i have a pending case against the late estate of papa smurf would you be my attorny?
    Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
    Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Scoobypuff said:

"@Chocolate Lantern: i have a pending case against the late estate of papa smurf would you be my attorny? "

I would be more than happy to represent you against Papa Smurf!  Fax all current documents to my office and we will talk.

@inferiorego said:

"@pentagram said:
    " @Chocolate Lantern said:
    "

MOTION TO DISMISS

MOTON TO DISMISS

a.      

a.      

a.      

IT FOLLOWS THAT:

... sorry mat lol 

"
    motion approved by the DA. "

All points made are null and void since he states within the motion that he is not a "real attorney, nor is this a legal document."

I, however, am a real attorney in the world of comics.

DENIED!

"

Mat please don't make me to force my hand. I really do not feel like having to draft a real motion to dismiss, but if it must be done than it must be done.  

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Mbecks14
    @Ms. Omega said:
    " Damn what a Douche' "
    well said
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @Chocolate Lantern: Bring it on East Coast.
    Avatar image for unfrozen_caveman_lawyer
    Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and was later thawed by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! When I see my image on the security camera at the country club, I wonder, are they stealing my soul? I get so upset, I hop out of my Range Rover, and run across the fairway to the clubhouse, where I get Carlos to make me one of those martinis he's so famous for, to soothe my primitive caveman brain. But whatever world you're from, I do know one thing: During the years in question where James Bartholomew Olsen was said to have acted out against Superman, he was legally insane.

Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Raia

hahaha and here i thought he was a good guy (i've only watched the films and Smallville) but the comics prove otherwise lol
    SuperGamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By SuperGamera

bastard
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By MrDirector786

Jimmy Olsen is the worst pal a guy could have.

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Retro_Metro

Scary when you actually see it this way, he's more foe than friend!  "EGAD!"  Whatta a jerk you've been Jimbo!! *hits him with a newspaper*

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Comicjew
    @inferiorego:
    Did you actually read the comic?
    Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Comicjew

Did you actual read any of these comics?!

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hdorman1

i tells yeah , he is a bad soul that one 

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Comicjew
    @inferiorego:
    However, Superman has done Jimmy wrong. 

1. Case 1
      Case 1
      Superman left his "friend" behind during a time of crisis and left to die.

Case 2
    Case 2

Here Superman has much needed water and says only Jimmy or Aquaman can have it, even through there is enough for the both of them!

Comicjew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Comicjew
    @inferiorego:
    You [censored]! Those are "gag covers" used to get your attention so you'll buy the cover and what ever happens on them usually proves to be a hoax or there was a piece of info we didn't know about!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.