Follow

Superman/Batman

Volume »

Superman/Batman is a monthly comic book series about the combined adventures of two of the most recognizable DC superheroes of all time.

[Updated]: Superman/Batman Teaming Up For 2015 Film

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#201  Edited By flazam
    No Caption Provided

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By MyronLee26

Oh great, another Batman / Superman movie with the only difference is now they're in the same film.......whoopty f**kin do. And still no Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern reboot, or Aquaman mention. Smh. And the fact that they're rebooting Bats after only 3 years just reaks of desperation of cash cowing. And it doesn't help that Zack Snyder is co-writing the script of Goyer's screenplay.......sounds like SUCKER PUNCH 2 to me. Does WB/DC have any confidence in any character beside Bats and Supes?

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@batshrine:

Its sad that Snyder gets treated like the black sheep of geek movie directors, even if most of his movies were pretty great for what he set out to achieve. Dawn of the Dead is one of the best modern zombie movies, 300 is a perfect version of the comic and I for one still think Watchmen is THE best superhero team movie we have. Yes, better than Avengers.

Sure, Sucker Punch wasn't good, but it also is not without merit entirely. It sure looks pretty great, has cool action sequences and a few very good ideas. Man of Steel is, for me, one of the top three superhero movies of all time.

Overall, he has had not more failures as Wheadon (Dollhouse anyone) and directs the living crap out of the Buffy creator. Lets face it, Avengers is cool, but directing wise it looks like a TV pilot with a huge blockbuster budget. And Snyder? He is one of the greatest visual geek directors out there! He might not be a great writer, but thats just it. He is a director first and he should be judged on that. Just as I judge Wheadon mostly on his writing skills, which are pretty great.

Just look at the fightscenes with Rorschach and Ozymandias in Watchmen, and you will have an idea of how great he will make Batman look. He is the perfect guy to do Batman, after Nolan is gone, and it will be a very different take, which will provide us with something fresh.

Sure, he will "write" the story with Goyer, which sounds like a mistake, but to be honest... I really don't think he will actually write on the script. He will bounce a few ideas around with Goyer and that will be all. I also think that Nolan will at least give them pointers about the story, since he will still be producing, albeit in a very hands off way.

So all in all, I think this is a great way to further develop the DC universe on film AND its only logical that Bruce appears after MoS. I mean, come on... he just saw Aliens appear on earth, who also destroyed one of his satellites! He has to do something about that and find out who that alien is and if the world can trust Superman.

I just hope they do a stand alone Batman dilm soon after that and get Rian Johnson to helm the new Batman franchise. He would be great. Snyder cannot do all DC movies at once.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By NightFang3
    Loading Video...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By RustyRoy

I happy that we're finally going to see a Batman/Superman movie on the big screen but I'd rather have any other writer-director for the movie not Snyder and Goyer. And a Flash movie would be sweet, he deserves it more than any other DC character IMO.

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for another average DC live action movie ...woohoo. Please oh please cast the mad whisperer Christian Bale that would be just grand.

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By SuperEnd

So whos gonna be the villiian in the Worlds finest movie?

Lex Luthor?

And I prefer Christian Bale just retire from Batman, his Batman voice is just terrible...

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Not sure I would like Snyder directing this to be honest.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Huzzah for Barry Allen.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome but I want

Wrong picture I just want a Aquaman movie
    Wrong picture I just want a Aquaman movie

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: I like the Idea @bobsjonjon: OMG...So many people complaining about no christian bale,I know your not complaining but He doesn't make the movie he's just an actor also he can't be Bruce Wayne forever.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
    superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No one liked the new Superman, boss."

"Put Batman in it."

Cha-ching!

this

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wait, so what about the news right after MoS's release that they were fast tracking the sequel for 2014? Is that still happening with a third movie including Batman? Or is the Superman/Batman movie the next sequel?

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#215  Edited By Herx

Conflicted feelings. Joy that this team up is coming screens before justice league, but also dred that it could very likely become a huge disappointment moneygrab. Pleas write and direct them as actual characters rather than symbols (which is also someshing that WB should learn to do with wonder woman live adoptions) and give them some fun banter. And above all else, make it FUN!!!

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Jasoninthewoods
    Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Can I get an AMEN!!!! FINALLY

Red_Robin212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could just do "Worlds Finest" from Superman TAS

But replace Joker with another villain

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By flameboy298
    Red_Robin212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: Because it'll give another villain a chance to shine plus people will throw a wobbler because it's not Heath Ledger playing the Joker.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_robin212: Honestly I'd prefer a Batman villian we've never seen on the big screen before..Im tired of seeing the same villians

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224  Edited By BritishMonkey

Well done WB and DC. You're making the best move you can make.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamunitednerds: actually a flash movie would be harder to mke cause of his villians cept for reverse flash

Avatar image for monkeyonurback_
    monkeyonurback_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

i hope DC have just accepted that they will never beat Marvel's profits over the last 4 years...maybe the movie will be good but i really do not want zack shiter attached to everything...

Doctor_Whovian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teamunitednerds: Unqualified? What exactly is the criteria for being considered for the Batman role? I'm just curious, as Christian Bale was one of the all-time worst representations of Batman, what qualified him for the part.

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome! Finally both heroes getting the screen time at the same time.

Darksider16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope they make the new batman acrobatic and a good martial artist

yotaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: ww should have first appearance in jl movie, she should start there as a rookie that by the end stands equal to both sup and bat!

M-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By M-Demon

I'm sorry - going to be a little pessimistic about this. While Batman/Superman works well in the comics, I don't think this is going to translate well at all into a big screen movie as a concept. The guys are on completely different levels. Go watch the Batman movies. Then go watch the new Superman movie. A street level human struggles to take down some criminals in the first. The second? An unstoppable superhuman is flying in space and leveling entire cities during fights. How do you really put Batman on Superman's level in a non-comic/animated fashion? What? Is Batman going to fly around on a jet pack or wear his silly Iron-Man like Apokolips suit? I know it's fun to joke around and say Batman can take Superman and Bruce has all these contingencies, and he might in the comics, but in a logical real life scenario (if both of these guys really did exist, which is the atmosphere DC creates in their movies), Superman would annihilate Batman without Bruce even knowing what happened. Sorry, but they are on two different levels. How this will translate into a silver screen live movie is going to be interesting to say the least ... and I'm not sure possible without being silly. DC has done a great job of making slower, quality, and more serious movies where as Marvel has made many more less quality films in the same time span - some of which are comical. I applaud DC for delivering solid movies, and would like to see them expand on other characters such as Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Power Girl, etc, but I'm very hesitant about how this one is going to end up.

Don't get me wrong - I want a good film and I believe in DC, but I was always sort of hesitant on them doing a Batman/Superman team-up movie. Great in comics. Not sure about in a live action movie with serious undertones.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Zeeguy91

@barkley said:

@alkusanagi:

I liked it...80 percent of the fans who saw it liked it....every one I know but one person liked it......

I didn't like it.

And you're totally entitled to that opinion. Does that mean you have to disapprove of others saying they did? No.

Am I the only one thinking World's Finest is a whole new entity and just another film before MOS 2?

I'm thinking, World's Finest, then MOS2, Flash, New Batman film and some other heroes then comes JLA, then comes other heroes again.... Just my 2 pence.

Toss a Wonder Woman movie in between the Flash movie and the new Batman movie and I think that'd be a great model for DC to follow in building a cinematic universe.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

you should listen to buddha. you put it out in the universe and it shall come to pass. me and grace put it out there and now dc is making it come true. just hope its some good

uberathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy. Exciting. But this is why I would love to see a Batman movie first. A Batman movie that displays the full extent of his detective skills. A movie where his fighting style is graceful, efficient, and badass. A movie where he is in his absolute prime and doesn't have a silly voice. That's he only way to establish him as Superman's equal. This'll be really tricky for Snyder and Goyer. Hope they can deliver. And please, follow it up with a badass Wonder Woman movie.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

raidenmitsuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#237  Edited By SaintWildcard

Im glad that DC is getting some plans together but they should atleast try to make 2 movies a year. Inestead of just one. They should make MoS 2 and Wonder Woman for 2015. Flash and Aquaman for 2016 and a Green Lantern movie before Justice League in 2017.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallbecomeabattoo: I really don't think anyone can put it in better words than that. You are so right about Snyder. He's a fantastic director the Rorschach Viedt and Nite Owl scene was awesome, it was almost a shot for shot from the greatest comic ever (yes they changed the ending but it didn't really make a difference to me it had the exact same effect) Watchmen comes to #5 for me on my greatest comic book films of all time and Avengers is off my top 10. I think it was just a very silly movie that has a plot like a point and click video game made for 6 year olds. Just so strait forward, an ending that ties up all lose ends, family friendly, MAJOR plot holes (Hulk was able to control his powers 30 minutes after he tried to kill black widow just because the plot demanded it) And the finally, the acting was terrible. Edward Norton, one of the greatest actors of the generation, and has proven in like all his movies he can pull a Norman Bates (two personalities) and then just replace him with this rom com mother fucker. RDjr just plays himself so its not that hard for him. The human torch was even more of a douche than cap in the comics, he's a comedy guy playing cap what a god awful choice.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chillinvillain: thats what im thinking. They need to make hum like his comic version. Agile fast and strong.

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

huh?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Where is my Wonder Woman movie :(

Commander_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: Goyer is a fine writer, he has a unique story telling ability that is obvious in all he's done. It's Snyder that worries me...just oh so much

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@maccyd: Exactly! I love Flash! Though I certainly think they need to get the Trinity out of the way before the movie. Glad they are doing something new and doing my favorite hero after Batman and Dick Grayson.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@teamunitednerds: actually a flash movie would be harder to mke cause of his villians cept for reverse flash

Explain

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 the_stegman  Moderator

As usual, Jeremy knows best.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWSOME!!!! i can't wait to see this!!! man of steel was my second fav cbm and this is gonna be the best ever. now bring karl urban as the dark knight and i will give you all my money dc.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: Thanks for your comment. For me Avengers is in my top 10, but near the end. I like it a lot, but it has no real substance. When I watched it the first time, I had a really great time in the theatre and really loved it, but it loses a lot of steam, since it is so fluffy and relies to much on the team up WOW factor instead of a real story. Its still a good movie, but that the masses praise it as the best thing ever is a bit much. But to be fair, I am a bigger DC fan anyway and prefer serious movies from comedies.

But back to Superman/Batman and Snyder! He is also the perfect director to give us very iconic Batman shots, righ out of the comics! He loves that visual stuff, even if it is not realistic.

I love the Nolan Batmans more than any other film franchise, but he didn't show us a lot of iconic Batman shots, apart from Rises, where he finally did a few great ones (like the pose on the bridge, or the thing with the muzzle flash). I know that Snyder won't do a cerebral story like Nolan did in his TDK trilogy, but if the story is on par with MoS (which I also loved! would rank it in my personal superhero movies on 3, after Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises), and he manages to make Batman an even bigger badass and show him in a more iconic light, I think we are going to get something great! I am as pumped about this announcement as I was when I learned about Nolan doing Batman Begins! This is the nest step for Batman films and I will savor ever second of the ride, from now until I am sitting in the theatre in 2015!

@The Stegman: I love Jeremy Jahns! He is so positive and pumped, not like most whining naysayers on the web!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No one liked the new Superman, boss."

"Put Batman in it."

Cha-ching!

Right. No one cuz you say so? Fact is, The Man of Steel has gone "Cha-Ching" many times over. Huge box office success bud. And many folks loved the movie. Myself included. Some fans had mixed views, and yes, some downright didn't like it - these latter were the exception, and most certainly not the rule.

Based on multiple fan reviews, critic's reviews and general comments ... safe to say claiming "no one" liked it is complete rubbish. And that's taking into account that folks who gripe and complain are the same brood who like to plaster their complaints online wheresoever they can. Negativity loves consensus.

They wouldn't be pushing a sequel within two year's time if the film wasn't a complete success. With, or without Batman.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This...will be LEGEN...wait for it...DARY!

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
    Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome but I am worried about power levels.

I wouldn't be too worried. The Man of Steel has already established Superman as a powerhouse mirroring his comic book persona fairly well - capable of bringing an entire city down in a battle of epic proportions. That said, I don't see them downplaying Superman ...

As to the awesomeness that is Batman being overshadowed by said power, to that I have one word ... Luthor.

If the powers that be can highlight Luthor, a human, as a credible Superman villain, then Bruce Wayne can be given a definite role to play in a team-up. As to how Batman can fit in to all of that, I see him as the brains working in the shadows to uncover the devious plot, taking out the troops on the ground level of things and giving Superman the chance / intel / device / means he'll need to take out the world level threat ... or some such thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.