DC One Million Returns in Superman/Batman

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
 You've got Kal Kent, Batman warden of Pluto and... Robin, the TOY Wonder!

Yes, yes, yes… a million times YES! The Morrison/Porter JLA is one of my all-time favorite runs and my favorite storyline to come out of that was definitely DC ONE MILLION. As I’ve said, it was probably my favorite DC crossover ever and, in my mind, the world of the 853 century introduced there has been criminally under-explored since the mega-story wrapped in ’98. Now, Bleeding Cool’s got wind that Chris Roberson and Jesus Merino are taking SUPERMAN/BATMAN “back to the future” with issue #79 (as the cover to the right evidences.)   

I hope this is the sign of more to come. I’d love to see the ONE MILLION universe gets its own line. C’mon… how many years did Marvel’s 2099 last? You just know there’s a potentially-limitless well to dip from, here. Actually, now that we’re on the subject, I’m going to task you sharper Comic Vine manics to answer a question of mine. How many references have been made to DC ONE MILLION in the proper DCU outside of Solaris and Kal Kent popping up in ALL-STAR SUPERMAN? Has it been established as one of the 52 worlds in the multiverse, or is it still understood to be the main Earth’s future?  == TEASER ==

You know, thinking about this, re-introducing ONE MILLION makes even more sense now that DC’s cosmology has gotten such an overhaul. In my mind, it was the best integration of the whole super hero universe concept, weaving the super-hero conceit across a sprawling space opera tapestry. And, more specifically… how cool was it to see a Justice Legion A whose members each had dominion over a planet? And a 853rd century version of the LSH who made their 30th century counterparts look primitive? This was wild stuff.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of  HYBRID BASTARDS!  & UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazon   here   & here .

#1 Posted by Matches Malone (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin looks like a futuristic Pinocchio.

#2 Posted by dementedtheclown69 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds Awesome! Looking forward to this.

#3 Posted by countvontrey (419 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read this. I will have to check it out. I love the Robo-Robin.

#4 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio

We have seen Kal Kent in All Star Superman we have seen Batman One Million in Batman #700 this is going to be the first time in a while someone other then Morrison references the DC One Million story. 

#5 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked Batman One Million, so I can't wait to read it.

#6 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

don't forget about Booster Gold when he went to the 853rd century

#7 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
"don't forget about Booster Gold when he went to the 853rd century "

Peter Platinum LOL
#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read any of the One Million stories, but this sounds intriguing... I might pick it up!

#9 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman probably thinks he's posing for Maxim or Vogue

America's Top Model maybe?   

Strike a pose girlfriend!  That's fierce!
#10 Posted by Thunderscream (1809 posts) - - Show Bio

man i wanna peel that suit off'a Kal and superman that h*e

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like anyone to explain which Earth is the "real" Earth in both Marvel and DC.  Bwaa Haa Haa!!   

All good natured joking aside, I admit, Morrison and Porter on JLA was the comic that got me back into Justice League many moons ago,  so this is interesting news.
#12 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

never heard of this, looks intriguing!

#13 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

this idea always seemed so cool except one thing: 830,000 years in the future?? seriously? thats too far. Robin looks like hes from the 1700's and superman and batman look 80years ahead of our time maybe 150. we cant even come anywhere close to having the slightest idea what 830,000years in the future would look like. 

Everything else about DC One million seemed really awesome except the time and robin the toy wonder

#14 Posted by MisterMollusk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this. Would love to see more.

#15 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2224 posts) - - Show Bio

They are also sort of solidifying Batman Beyond and the Damien future of Batman as continuity too right?
So maybe this is another future they are going to sort of solidify in the years to come.

#16 Posted by The Poet (8288 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitly a must read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS ON MY LIST OF MUST HAVES!!!!!!!

#17 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

i just picked up Green Lantern One Million for 50 cents yesterday.

#18 Posted by johnny_spam (2031 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArtisticNeedham: @ArtisticNeedham said:
" They are also sort of solidifying Batman Beyond and the Damien future of Batman as continuity too right? So maybe this is another future they are going to sort of solidify in the years to come. "
Well it's interesting because in Batman #700 after Dick we saw Damian as Batman then Terry McGinnis as Batman trained by Damian then Brane Taylor and his ancestor then at the end Batman One Million it had a great motto at the end that said "No matter where, No Matter when, No Matter how dark."
#19 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" I have never read any of the One Million stories, but this sounds intriguing... I might pick it up! "
You might want to get the trade of JLA: ONE MILLION.
#20 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

should be most epic

#21 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#22 Posted by moves (1 posts) - - Show Bio

very cool indeed

#23 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wanna check this ONE MILLION arc!
But there's so many issues left out of the TPB... :(

#24 Posted by NeoMantis (40 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon, give me some Solaris action.

#25 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with ya here Tom. Thumbs up to this.

#26 Posted by Razeil (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this

#27 Posted by Kinasin (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#28 Posted by fACEmelter88 (607 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome i really liked the Batman Beyond Superman/Batman so I assume this is worth giving a chance...though I don't know much about DC 1million

#29 Posted by tensor (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yes i would by these  comics for even a 100

#30 Posted by termiteone4ever (6985 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait to buy this.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.