SO...IS THERE ANY QUESTION TO WHICH SHOT IS BETTER?

Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I am hitting the web today.  And I come across a preview to the cover of Cap: REBORN #4... 

Really?!  C'mon now.  We all can remember Superman v.2 #205.  It was a weird storyline but Jim Lee's art was incredible.  Especially when you're a big Supes fan. 

So, if anybody is out there...WHICH IS THE BETTER COVER.  It's obvious where my vote goes.
#1 Posted by Kingdom-Come-Suit&Tie (47 posts) - - Show Bio

That superman one is amazing.

#2 Posted by jloneblackheart (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

the art is good for both but I pick the Cap one because it is a little more amazing since he can actually be hurt by those bullets and you can just imagine the next awesome move he has to pull off to not get killed.

#3 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" the art is good for both but I pick the Cap one because it is a little more amazing since he can actually be hurt by those bullets and you can just imagine the next awesome move he has to pull off to not get killed. "
Total agree with you, but I do not like how the bullets in the Cap pic are coming at him, what are they heat seeking bullets? Because of this I choose the Superman pic.
#4 Posted by Insignia (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#5 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, but both are still awesome.

#7 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
"the art is good for both but I pick the Cap one because it is a little more amazing since he can actually be hurt by those bullets and you can just imagine the next awesome move he has to pull off to not get killed. "

I can certainly see that, I just think it's a a lot of bullets, even for Cap.  Plus, Supes is packing a missle and about to do his best Nolan Ryan.
#8 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has the advantage of living through that.

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

The Jim Lee Superman cover is better. The angles are better, there is more variety to the projectiles, and they don't look like a freaking swarm of bees, like in the Cap cover.

#10 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that Cap shot does look pretty bad, really. It reminds me of those cartoons where the bullets happen to make an outline around the character, but actually miss their actual body. Just looks silly, where the Superman pose gives you more of a sense of motion and realism. It would probably look FAR better, the Cap cover, had it been drawn not-so-close-up.

#11 Posted by NawfalQ (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman...
The CA one just has tooooo many bullets.

#12 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

Jim lee's art is way better in my opinion. Although Cap is way cooler than Superman. 

#13 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Def supes one

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the supes one is better. The one with Cap the bullets are too many and too close together it kinda looks silly.

#15 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Supes one more

#16 Posted by fyilm (9 posts) - - Show Bio

captain shot is way better imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.